Karts 0.991 and Quebec SuperKarts 1.07 track available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks for the karts ISI, they are great. My only complaint is now I need to buy a more powerful wheel.

2. INSQMNIAC

INSQMNIAC Registered

The karts are brilliant!! Thanks :D

Some Screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

So...who's gonna make Rainbow Road? :cool:

Seriously though (not that I wasn't before ;) ) is ISI going to put up an official server for these? I really, really want to race them online. They are the perfect vehicle for online, since no matter what hardware you have (or don't have, rather) you are still on equal ground with everyone else. No clutch, no H shifter, low steering lock, no artificial aids needed. I guess I could join a random server, but I don't like doing that...I don't really feel comfortable jumping into someone else's party, plus they are usually halfway around the world so I lag. Definitely need an official server...and Rainbow Road.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Seconded... but we need a cap on number of drivers. No more than 12-14, it's utter awful chaos especially on the short layouts.

5. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Can't believe I went to bed early and missed this, tricked again. The Mutha of all Mothers Day Presents. Thankyou team!

Hey Gui Karting can be utter awful chaos in real life when one guy gets it wrong! :D

Hey NWDog if the server isn't password protected I take that as an open invitation to crash that party. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  6. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

These karts are really fun at EuroRing. Awesome.

[​IMG]

7. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Some minutes adjusting FFB as strong as possible but avoidin clipping... GREAT CARS, It's a shame we can not feel G forces with this karts, in Kart F1 is hard to me at first laps because of lack of Gforces, but some practice and It's really fin to drive.

I have some karting experience (few laps in a freind's rotax kart, and LOTS of GoKart races), and behaviour seems really accurate, but as said, hard to drive at begining because of Gforces real experience.

8. philman

philman Registered

Great fun, nice looking. Many thanks.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

@ Tim:

There's a MAJOR cut issue on Québec Medium. Going from T1, if you cut through to the back straight you're not given any penalty or warning, the lap counts and you cut a ton of time.

10. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

Thank you so much ISI; but I must say the same I told you about the skid sounds in Panoz.

Please, these mods need higher pitch to skid sound; you only have to hear these videos:

The real one (since 1:15):

Please ISI, surely you have spent a lot of time modeling and creating kart phisics, take only few minutes more and the experience with the kart will improve.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol maybe it takes a little bit longer than a few minutes to create new tyre sounds...

12. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

I didn´t say to create new sounds, simply I said to change its pitch.

13. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Karts are awesome! Went all the way to 2.0 as multiplier with my T500. They really feel like the real thing :)
    It's amazing that the same rF2 physics engine can simulate anything from karts to F1.

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

You'll be getting some nasty clipping cosimo. The karts clipping boundary is around the default 1.0

But i agree, karts the absolutely epic!

15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Can't install the karts, getting unable to verify file from both main site and mirror download.

B494. Anyone else?

regards

16. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Yes that's true. Would be great to be able to feel the wheel as strong as a real kart is, without any clipping :)

I think T500 comes close to it, but 1.0 feels too light to me.

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

That's unfortunate. For me, the kart with ffb 1.0 is both the strongest and best feeling ffb of all the vehicles i've driven on rfactor 2 without bumping into the ffb clipping zone.

18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Same with my T500RS, default FFB at 1.0 is great for me. Perhaps it's also because the last time I drove a kart was 30 years ago so I don't remember the real feel ;)

In any case, thanks ISI, that's a really great addition to vehicle variety, really fun!

And yes: the bridge is really interesting to manage! :)

19. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Partly true for me. The overall feeling is good, but the feeling of the front is too numb for me. T500 here as well with everything on default, ini and in game, but I can't feel what the front-end is doing whatsoever. When lowering the caster, the feeling on full turn-in is better, but it leaves a dead-zone around the center. This can be alleviated by dailing up the ffb multiplyer extensively, but this in return causes massive vibrations and shocks. I wish ISI could model something to enhance the feeling of the front tires, not only with the karts but in generall.

20. Jul

Jul Registered

Thank you very much ISI !

These karts are so addictive and feel really great!

The only things missing are the smells of fume and rubber :D