ISI vs S397 Physics Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Oct 17, 2017.

1. joekart

joekart Registered

None, i think he's speaking about wheel angle...

2. Amarildo Junior

Amarildo Junior Registered

Thanks, I'll give this plugin a look. Basically, the cars from the GT3 Pack steer less near center for me. I have to get near-or-more 45º of rotation for any significant steering to occur, while on other cars this doesn't happen.

Don't think so as this happens regardless of speed or tyre wear.

Cheers.

3. stonec

stonec Member

Does this also affect the virtual steering wheel in the cockpit? Because the virtual steering wheel tells exactly how much steering input the car receives, and it should be 1:1 with your real wheel if things are calibrated correctly. Also, the car tires should always turn as a linear multiple of the virtual steering wheel, I'm not aware of any non-linear steering system in any rF2 car, so I doubt they added it for these GT3 cars without a mention. Also make sure speed sensitivity is set to 0%, it adds a fake filter when you drive at high speeds.

Skan likes this.
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

That's incorrect. Due to steering geometry the relationship is non linear. It is more noticeable in karts (naked eye). For other cars you will have to use telemetry to account for it. DAM plugin logs the rotation of each tire (toe)

5. stonec

stonec Member

Ok, so rF2 can model a non-linear steering rack then. I wasn't aware of it.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

7. Skan

Skan Registered

You do not need a plugin to test non-linearity. Simply go to the UI and adjust the steering sensitivity. Take a drive. Of course, do not leave it there, just see the change and take note.

Using a plugin related to steering rotation (especially for testing purposes) would demand the wheel be setup correctly in the first place. Stonec nicely explained some of that in a post above.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The non linearity that I mean is because both wheels do not turn the same. It has nothing to do with steering sensitivity or speed sensitivity.

However, it is good that you mention it because it is a more feasible cause of OP's issue.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Let's not forget, either, the 'new' steering system rF2 has, which can be used to get actual non-linear steering on the car itself.

*If someone wants to graph steered angle (ie average front toe) against steering wheel input, it should soon become clear whether the steering is non-linear. Best to disable Steer Ratio Speed in the controller.JSON, so it doesn't skew results.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:28 PM
  10. Skan

Skan Registered

What you, Spaskis are describing is the same thing Stonec was saying. What I was saying is that a plugin would not help read accurate info from any situation that you and Stonec are describing. Both wheels will turn the same when the OP and anyone else with this problem calibrates their wheel. They will no longer have driving issues. Not going to repeat it in every thread no matter how much it might need repeating.

11. Amarildo Junior

Amarildo Junior Registered

I always make sure my wheel and the virtual wheel have the same rotation.

Which is why this is weird. It doesn't happen on any simulator, only on the GT3 Pack cars.

But rFactor 2 doesn't like the G29, so I always need to match the in-game wheel with my G29. It's an annoying process, but it gets the job done.

It's always 0% ;)