Great News!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alesi, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael1

michael1 Banned

i folowed F2 last year i watched every race, one of my simracing friends Ramon Piñeiro was racing but sadly he is not driving this year so i stoped watching.

As for turbos this is going to be great in time for F1 2014 could not ask for more.

2. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

Very nice addition to the stable, good job Tim ;)

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This!i'm really happy for ISI and for the open wheelers fans but for me personally I don't care because i don't like the open wheelers car!
    My dream is thr license of FIA GT or from the DTM!

4. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Thanks isi.

5. tarros

tarros Registered

i hope ffb will be better than formula Renault 3.5

6. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Congrats ISI. I hope the wheel feel is similar personally, love it.

7. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I find it much more than a little interesting that this news release seems to suggest that rF2 and this F2 content are aimed at more than just the gaming-simracing market. To quote, “We’re very pleased with the results and feel confident it will provide professional racing drivers, as well as amateurs, with a simulation as close to the real thing as possible.” ...and from Tim, “It is exciting to know that budding race car drivers and members of the general public alike, will be able to train and have fun with this car using our software." Sort of an 'rFactor Almost-Pro'? Can we infer from this that it's going to be that good?

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I've driven an older F2 car so this will be intriguing to try out, been dying for a good chuckable open wheeler anyway, as much as I love the FR 3.5 it's a clumsy car for an open wheeler.

9. ROON

ROON Registered

Great news, ISI. There was an awesome little F2 mod for rF1 that hardly gained the popularity it deserved, but it was lots of fun. Just don't make it unenjoyable to drive like the FR3.5! ;)

There are 'professional racing drivers' singing to the praises of other titles which are far from being true simulators, so I see no reason why they wouldn't be interested in using rF2.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well rF2 is a direct descendant of rF Pro and rF1 technologically speaking:
    http://imagespaceinc.com/technology/
    That's what is a little bit interesting about the FR3.5. Because according to our info it handles quite realistically, but I guess a lot of people don't like it (tire heating aside). So like anything else, I can say what I want, you guys will still make up your own minds (and that's fine).

Being a lower formula, it makes sense to write about it being used for training, that's what those kids need, and that's what those who are looking to F2 as their next step need to be thinking about. Meanwhile, sim racers get to have fun racing them. Win-win.

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Excellent post. Thank you.

12. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

if something is being tested by real drivers that are not paid spokesmen... then it is their opinion that matters. not ours. if it's only being tested by sim racers then our opinion would matter. I want an as realistic as possible simulator. if real drivers say you've got it. good enough for me.

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Exactly! Unfortunately alot of guys want to point the car and mash the gas and if you can't it's "too hard and not right".

14. RafBR

RafBR Registered

This thread sound good! :D
    Thanks again ISI ;)

15. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I can drive the F3.5 easily tbh and fast. I think it's the FFB that's lacking more than physics. All i seem to get feedback from is the suspension and so it makes things a little tip toey until you work it out. I think if something can be done with the FFB that will enable some more tactile feel of the tyres, it will feel good

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  16. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I think it's more the fact that on the whole, the FR 3.5 is quite challenging to get the best out of, you have to spend alot of time setting it up correctly to get the most from it, whereas most of the current line up in rF2 can be raced 'out of the box' quite well. That's just my take on it. The more I drive the Formula Renault, the more I enjoy it, it's certainly an intense car to drive that's for sure, when the tyre model is fully developed I'm sure it'll be a blast.

17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Have any setups you would like to share? :D I could sure use some.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That might actually be the greater issue, the stock setup might not be rookie friendly?

19. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

Maybe, maybe it's the tire temperature issue too... I have to test more with setups

20. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Re FR3.5:
    If the tyre physics aren't finished and the tyre temperature isn't working as it should, I can't see how you can set up the car properly nor how it could possibly feel like it's handling properly?
    Perhaps it's our PC setup being non-optimal compared to what equipment ISI have. Afterall, they didn't have an issue with the G25/G27 trying to break itself to bits when running over kerbs when basically the whole community apart from them did.

Having quotes from a real driver can be misleading. How often did we hear Anthony Davidson going on about how realistic F1 2011 is? (And I must admit I think the guy has talent and is a likeable fellow). If it's not a paid spokesman then I think it will hold more water, but how are we to ever know if they are or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.