Great News!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alesi, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I could say we haven't paid anyone to test, cause we haven't. :)

2. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

And here's the positive. You guys (ISI) have personally got involved with the community by chatting to us and taking onboard our feedback (and so on and so forth) and so some of us (if not all!) have confidence in what you guys say. There's no bs and publicity talk and I can say that it feels like we're talking with human beings rather than simply PR machines. So when you say something like that, I believe it.

And this is where your time and investment into the community starts to pay off for your guys - respect and confidence, and that's something you cannot buy through a professional (or any other propaganda techniques as it were!). So kudos to you for making that decision of being interactive with us, I am sure it will benefit both us and you.

3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

as for FR3.5 its not realistic (i believe yet, it still need a lot of work on its physics)

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I don't know, the Soap Box Derby mod for rF1 was an absolute blast... =)
    And almost equally many want to say "not hard enough, not right). =)
    Any specific things that aren't realistic about it? I haven't driven it much (no interest in open-wheelers unless they're vintage), so I can't really tell.

5. 10speed

10speed Registered

I don't like the FR3.5 BECAUSE of the tire heating. It really makes the handling unpredictable. Together with the increasing grip level and the strange tire wear (front tire wear much higher than for rear tires) you get the result, that with full fuel tank and clean track there is oversteer as soon as you even think of turning in, while after several laps the car has a tendency to understeer. That said there is no good setup for the car, as its behavior changes so much. Maybe this improves with the final tire model, I really hope so.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Are you suggesting that rear tyres should be worn more?

7. 88mphTim

That description sounds like a tire issue yes, and actually very much what Michael Schumacher dislikes about the current F1 tire.

8. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

Tripple LOL

9. Alesi

Alesi Registered

Michael doesnt drive on Fr3.5, this is not a pirelli tyres. with such aerodynamics load the car should have a lot of grip (and not drive like rally). in Malaysia 5-6 coners (with default setup) car behavior not realistic and very strange

10. 10speed

10speed Registered

What are you trying to say? Formula Renault 3.5 uses Michelin tyres. They have nothing in common with the current F1 tyres. Michelin racing tyres are mostly developed for enduring performance, NOT entertainment (F1). At LeMans the Audi R18s could run 5 stints without changing tyres...
    I've been to several Renault World Series weekends so far, never seen a FR3.5 struggling for grip at corner exit like the ones in RF2. Which is quite comprehensible since these cars have massive grip but "only" about 500 bhp. First corner Nürburgring GP circuit e.g., sometimes drivers locked the front wheels there under braking, but that's it. In Rfactor 2 I see tire smoke all the time, even experienced simracers lock the front wheels very often.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
  11. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Nice

@ Alesi get into extreme with the setup. The range of settings is quite narrow, that's why I started with almost ON/OFF settings in the beginning. Front-springs completely hard, rear completely soft for example...

Just want to help you enjoy this car. Hope it works... :eek:

12. 88mphTim

Wasn't hard for me (via Google) to find an example of understeer being mentioned. From the last race they did: http://www.teamrfr.com/en/season/race-reports/race-report-spain/
    Whether you see it or not, drivers feel it.

13. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+100500

14. Alesi

Alesi Registered

what is your time?)) (i made maybe near 100 laps at all.. its 1.46 (default - only wing 11-26 (as ISI recommends in the setup) a- all other default..
    but this doesnt mean it has strange behavior,

15. blakboks

blakboks Registered

+ a lot!

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. Of course the car is going to slide on cold tires. It seems like every single race driver will tell you the same thing--cold tires don't work. As a 'for instance' have a look at Barcelona qualifying--where they estimated the cloud cover changed track temp by 1-degree C, and added 0.3 seconds!

16. tarros

tarros Registered

Speaking with isi staff about Fr 3.5 ffb seems a don quixote quest.

17. 88mphTim

I wasn't aware what they were saying had as much to do with FFB as not? Only one person I saw actually mentioned it feeling as if there was less feedback, everyone else has been giving different descriptions.

18. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

this video is a way of me showing me being VERY EXCITED about f2!!!!!! open wheel for the win!!!!!

WELL DONE ISI (f2 is as dirty as rfactor normally is online in publics)

(me rotates) Will you be doing any tracks that they do too?

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
  19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I think the subject about the FR3.5 can be very long :)

When ISI will confirm the physics elements of rF2 are final, we can discuss.

For me the FR3.5 have a problem, too aero on the front and/or not enough on the rear. So waiting for the green flag from ISI of a final physic (aero and tires) set to test again. At this time, the car is too unpredictable in default setup. I have the similar feeling on the Megane, I need to put all the rear aero at full to have a "normal" balance on the car on medium and fast corners. And no problem on the Historic Fx

20. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Doesn't the FR3.5 only have one tire compound atm? which if memory serves is wet and dry.

Maybe its about compounds..a softer tire would be easy to warm up! Also do the tires come out of blankets? or do the drivers have to warm them up theirsleves? which would take about 3-5 laps from cold stone tires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.