gJED feedback

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 88mphTim, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Well no. If I remove the CMASFile rooting in a track .SCN (before building the .gmenv) the track still loads perfectly even without enter that address in the gJED loading process.

Dunno, I've to ask Joe.

2. Tuttle

LOL I see in the track you sent me. :p

Next time just try to follow the standard way so you limit the amount of variables when something goes wrong. :)

Glad you sorted out, have fun!

3. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I excluded the COMMONMAPS.MAS from the scn now and it works too. And it also looks like nothing from the COMMONMAPS.MAS is in use. At least on a short view i cant see anything missing.

From my install i have separated core and data and at the moment the dev track is on a different device. Its from some time ago as i didnt had a separate gaming ssd and on the os ssd was to less space.

4. Tuttle

Then you had just the shader cache messed up. :)

EDIT: Infact I can open your scene (after 5 minutes trying to understand where files are LOL) without doing nothing to your SCN. Also I did not get the black output, which is by the way something I saw in the past loading a dirt shader cache.

5. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Could be. I do each build a fresh install and then run a post install script to copy plugins and create some links etc. And there i linked in one place the wrong folder.
    This way is it easy for me to setup multi installs if some leagues are running different builds.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

how would one use something from commonmaps.mas in our projects?

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Nice catch Tosch...

8. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I cant get it working....stupid appcrash....gah

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Would be more helpful feedback if you said WHAT crashed the app and WHAT the error was?

Just saying STUPID APPCRASH doesn't get bugs fixed.... we are all not mindreaders :)

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Windows Event log has an Side by Side error message every time you open gJED. Application runs fine. We had the same with the MAS2.exe some time ago.

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I hope you work around your crashes, in Windows 8.0 I hadn't crashes so far.

I'm very satisfied with the software currently, just really looking forward new updates in order to allow see the material's textures replacements being done "on the fly".

12. Tuttle

Thanks for the report. Very useful.

13. Tuttle

Yeah I have these errors in my Events. Unfortunately ATM Joe can't reproduce the problem but looks it's not affecting anything, apart the Event list.

14. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

I cant get any textures to display at all.. They are loading in fine .. but not displaying.

Windows 10, GTX760ti with latest video drivers.. Any ideas ?
    Note i set shader to real road, it changes to grey, but has massive sploches and black peices.

Note Red wall should have Toyota logo on it (and all other textures.. tree isnt showing leaves etc etc.. its like the textures arent drawing

View attachment 17834

15. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

16. Tuttle

Did you map/unwrap your mesh properly?
    Are you using channels properly?
    Are you sure your exports are hosting UVWs?
    Are you setting chroma/alpha for your transparency textures in the material tool (leaves, fences etc)?
    Are you using proper .DDS format and MIPs for your textures?

17. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Thanks for the quick reply

Did you map/unwrap your mesh properly? - Yes I have released this track prior... mapping in max is all fine and working
    Are you using channels properly? - As per above

The sample is a FBX export from Simed.. however i can import it into max and it maps out ok.. (that said, exports from Max) seem to be loosing mapping .. ??

Are you sure your exports are hosting UVWs? - Not sure, simed doesnt give you an option - i assume it would.. I will check the max export though. (edit - Seems to be fine in max, everything is uvmapped properly.)

Are you setting chroma/alpha for your transparency textures in the material tool (leaves, fences etc)? yes
    Are you using proper .DDS format and MIPs for your textures? - not on all of them.. (possibly a problem) but the leaves for example here are a .DDS file, the wall however is a .jpg

Looks like i am going to have to assign all the materials in MAX as if i import it into there, it wont have them assigned to export.. That said, i was hoping the Simed FBX export version would import fine.
    Its either that or some other kind of hardware software bug.
    I might try a plain sample scene.

EDIT - I am wondering weather changing unit size is effecting exports..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  18. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Drathuu,

I wonder on the 3DMax issue if you changed it from editable poly to editable mesh before export?

19. Tuttle

You should be able to see .jpg too so it's something else.

I see that material T1 with the toyota logo is rendered properly so...are you sure you set at least that T1 shader to all your objects to load the main diffuse?

As for the export; may I ask why you are exporting from SimEd instead 3DsMax?

PS: check your mats are not using "No Texture" as basic shader.

20. Tuttle

I don't know how SimEd is managing that export and also it depends what kind of materials you were using for those objects in SimEd before the FBX export.

What you need, at least, is all your mats set as standard mats BEFORE the export to FBX. In theory all these standard mats will be converted to basic T1 shaders when imported in gJED.