gJED feedback

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 88mphTim, Sep 1, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

2. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

gjED BABY!

3. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

I get this when I open the gjed.exe

gjed.JPG

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Are you updated on video driver? do you have it in the right folder? and what build are you on?

5. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

haven't updated video driver for a while but it's fine with everything else I run, gjed exe is in rF2 root with the other file in shared folder

actually I have an idea what might be causing it, as soon as I've finished the job I'm doing I'll try it out

6. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

as I suspected the problem was my settings....

I have an ultra HD monitor and old mans eyesight so in order for me to see more than tiny, barely visible icons on the screen I usually increase display size to 150%

without it I can barely make out anything I'm looking at, I guess that means no gjed for me as I'll end up with eye strain or migraine if I try running it at normal size.

gjed2.JPG

gjed3.JPG

7. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

I Use old style.. Change font size :)

8. Mulero

Mulero Registered

First bug !!!

In the material editor, changing material with arrows (red circle), the following material load in the same position that was old and you can not go back up if we had gone down, you have to close the material editor and reopen it to fix the problem.

Just a quick test but gJED looks very promising. Tomorrow more tests.

Thanks ISI for all your work.

[​IMG]

View attachment 17814

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Testing now, looks pretty good.

Is it me or the image is not exactly the same of the SceneViewer application? The shaders are exactly the same? The quality in gJED appears to be superior.

10. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

All works great so far..

Only one thing... maybe the window width in Material editor is a little short. We can't read shader title :)
    [​IMG]

11. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Shaders you are loading are the same you have ingame. Probably the difference you see is the time of the day, not matching the ingame default TOD.

EDIT:

Good point Mario...:p

12. Tuttle

Not sure I understand. Over here I see no problems with mat browsing functionality, can you explain a bit better? Tnx :)

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Ok.

Should I see the material being modified in real time when I pick a different texture for it? It isn't happening here.

14. Tuttle

If you mean hot swapping between different .DDS versions (texture refresh) then it's a function not ready yet. Should be there for the next build.

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

In my case I'm just trying to change a diffuse texture of the material, to make it simple, if I have a T1 shader with a xxxx.dds and I pick yyyy.dds (both from the same Assets\Maps) the gJED window keeps showing xxxx.dds until I save and launch the software again.

Thanks in advance

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

When you're opening a file the "Files of Type" search-box isn't remember your last choice (*.SCN / *.FBX / *.GMT), it would be preferable to keep your last choice.

Another point is the Paths used to load assets isn't working if you don't edit your SCN file in order to point the rF2 drive install.

SearchPath=RFACTOR2\MODDEV\LOCATIONS\TEST\ASSETS\GMT doesn't work
    SearchPath=DRIVE X:\RFACTOR2\MODDEV\LOCATIONS\TEST\ASSETS\GMT works

Is the same issue of Scene Viewer since the 3dsMax plugin ignores the drive letter in the "Use Search Paths" list box.

17. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I'll try, but English is not my language and if I get not explain properly. If you still do not understand, let me know and I'll do a little video where you see the problem.

When selecting a material, you can scroll up and down through the tab of the material editor perfectly.

By changing the following material by pressing the button on the top (if you have not been to scroll to the top before changing material), the material editor takes that position as the home position and it is impossible climb over to see the initial part of the editor.

If instead of jumping to the following material press the button to return to the root of the materials and select another, the problem is still there. The only workaround is to close the material editor and reopen it.

[​IMG]

18. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe it's me that i can't find it, but i would like to have a possibility to "simulate" a cars headlight at night, to see how the objects/material settings look in the night, illuminated by another cars headlight.

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes, good idea, usefull for car makers.

20. Tuttle

Yeah, now I see and I can reproduce the bug. The scroll goes stuck into a blank section instead refresh itself while browsing a different material. Good spot, thanks! :)