FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

....yeh I know. That wasn't the point i was making - Plus you're the one that brought up that issue in the first place.
    I clearly stated later in the post, the reason for why I posted that video.

yet another thing taken out of context. Plus, i even say 'i suspect' and point to a specific part in the video as to why I suspected. That wasn't even the point anyway. sigh.

2. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

KeiKei. I was in the server with you today. I remember your name. We were all within tenths of each other. I think you were on pole, i was in 3rd.

The start was a total mess coz the guy in 2nd was going really slow in the formation, and then braked really early at T1 at palm beach. Or maybe that was you in 2nd, if it was, oh dear.

in real life you have the ability to balance and refine and actually use a slide to your advantage, or correct a slide and keep the momentum, maybe lose a few tenths in the process.

now when things go well over the limit, yes the car will laterally slide sideways if you apply too much throttle. the point i was making was there is Zero feel of this, you just have to learn how much throttle you can apply at each corner, rather than being able to feel it.

3. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

I agree.

Enough of this 'oooh you dont know what its like'
    'oh youre not fast enough'
    'oh driving these cars are hard'.

Well lets settle it then once and for all, lets all organise something, meet on a server, and have a proper couple of hours of proper racing, All with the same setup, which we can agree on beforehand.

I can setup a server, ive got 10meg upload - not sure if this is enough.
    actually it wont be - we'll have to find a public server thats set up properly, and maybe try and get the guy to enforce fixed setup, so its fair for everyone.

4. osella

osella Registered

I'm probably very slow then, basically I had a 3 month pause from any simracing now so I would be slow in any car, actually not sure whether I didn't even do 1.10 and not 09, all that makes it even harder for me to understand how you can feel no grip or weight transfer.

The thing is I wasn't driving way below limit imo, rather I was overdriving it like crazy on purpose to test how it feels and it felt good.

Not counting though I experience bad rattling because I havent tried filtering yet, but when the wheel was solid it just felt good especially as downforce was building can be felt and help estimate how much acceleration there is.

5. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Ok...you cant do that...I am not having any issues doing that.

I have a stock standard, default rF2 setup with a G25 running default setups (no tweaking with the latest update).

I went around Mid Ohio last night with a smile on my dial that is still there this morning.

I was able to push it into corners at speed and slow. I managed to get the ass end to step out and without "jerking" the wheel or radically changing the input at the feet bought it back...COMFORTABLY. In fact coming onto the front straight out of the last corner I found myself more than once putting a bit too much into it to just slightly countersteer and lift the accelerator just a smidge and I was bake in control and back on the gas.

In fact...I dont think I had one tank slapper the whole run. I did have one or two times where I spun because I just went in way too deep under brakes to see what it could do.....maybe a bit too far :)

I drove it differently as well. Trail braking, blat style...hell I even tried lifting to generate drift.....all easily driveable, on the same setup...some where just faster :)

I never experienced ONE feeling of "ice", on feeling "losing the back end" or at lest not knowing what it was doing....not once I got up to speed and laid some rubber down on the track :)

Now this is very locaslised testing on one track, so I am not going to come on here and make a blanket statement that it is "absolutely aweful to drive" or "absolutely brilliant to drive". But I never experienced anything your describing AT ALL.....

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

This is actually great. If all the cars felt the same I would knwo something is wrong. But look at all of you..

BEST EVER

TOTAL CRAP

BEST EVER

TOTAL CRAP

Just like it should be.

7. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

what are your laptimes please?
    thats the only way i know if youre actually going anywhere near the limit or not.

ive only played palm beach. whats your best laptime for mid ohio then, and i'll have a go on friday evening and see what i can do.
    tell me your setup, fuel load, and whether there was AI/practice/race etc... (coz rubbered in track makes a huge difference to the times).

if you didnt have 1 tank slapper the whole run, i suspect youre not driving anywhere near fast enough. Obviously on a fast lap youve learnt the game by then, so you dont tank slapp around the whole lap.....but if youre pushing limits to see what the car will do then you'd have experienced this (and then realised theres zero feel to counter it).

So only way to prove is to tell us your times and what setup etc...

8. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I definitely agree with you. The cars are very loud and microphones are sensitives. All those onboard recorders are picking up is distortion. If microphones were 'perfect' onboard recordings would sound exactly like the cars do externally.

9. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

erm............explain your thinking behind that one please? max lol.

1 person likes this.
  10. osella

osella Registered

Some true there lol. If everyone would be happy that would be suspicious .)

11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I tend to agree, in fact, the front end is so bad, I can't consider this a sim car at all.
    I did a 105.5 at Palm Beach but I may have cut the track a bit, either way, I'd be 105-106flat.
    I reinstalled netkar after the F2 fiasco, and I'm left gobsmacked as to why I can't have a FFB signal along the lines of that, or GSC, heck even GTR Evo's best cars still hold up well.

Maybe ISI should buy some info off Reiza rather than declaring their unfiltered FFB as premium grade only fit for hexy wheels.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

LOLOL I find it very strange, people actually responding to you with such attitude, well...you are THE definition of ignore list (no I wont use it, I would miss so much fun LOLOL)

1 person likes this.
  13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I concur, though I do find it rather interesting that the same people over and over find fault and are never satisfied with what they are presented with. Sure there may be some issues with the F2, not that any of us has ever driven one in real life, but all in all I think it is a brilliant representation of what the car is capable of doing.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Why do you people come here then? This is a sim forum. If you feel this sim is crap, what are you doing here?
    Dont you have anywhere else to go?

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Great car to me. I've been hours with It in Palm Beach and this is my new favourite open wheel. I don't know "how good" is FFB, but I like It... I can't remember where I see this kind of FFB in other sim, but I enjoy.

Go fast with this car is really hard. I saw people in 1.03.000 and I only can do 1.05 lows at the moment (I'm a GT driver since I join to sim world). You have to "throw" the car to the corners, and exits are awesome when you push the throotle near floor, you have to control how much you push without grip lost.

I don't know how a driver handles a real F2 car, but I feel like I was him. Good work!

PS: I think people hates this game should still playing NKPro or others, I think this is a good way to follow. All have some choices, NKPro (AC in the future), iRacing and their racing system, RaceRoom... all with different ways to do stuff. Don't try to convert all like only one :D .

16. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Didnt look, didnt care.

But thanks for reading my post so carefully.

Everything default...setup, controller settings, everything default....not sure what you think that means...but ..just to help you understand...it means I changed NOTHING...

No AI..running on my own getting rubber up....and not fully rubberered so nowhere near enough grip...so again ...laptimes are useless. Considering I wasnt even looking at lap times but a corner by corner basis of what happened.....so therefore I do not NEED to have quick laptimes to just experiment corner by corner...as grip started changing...you know...TESTING...ie...BETA...

Not only that I stated I will be doing further testing before making such a broad ranging statement. Statementst that take more than 24 hours from release of the mod to determine a reasonable impression.

But...I can tell you another just hit my ignore list because previously when asked to provide your times you refused to, now you ask for mine because "you don't believe me"....whats good for one is good for the other.

Hypocrisy at its best......cya champ. Its people like you and F2Chump that have just made yet another reader of these forums leave. I have an email prompt set for the downloads thread to get updates. With the garbage you guys spread on here and your "posturing" I find this forum borderline comical.

But I suppose the squeaky wheel gets the most attention.

Please ISI give these guys a refund and than instructions to the door...at least others with the issue try to offer feedback and ideas to change (like the advice about the FFB per car)....there are just too many ignored posts in these threads for me lately, and now there will be more.

1 person likes this.
  17. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

If Tim would transfer my rf2 payment to rf1, I'll go over there if you want...

18. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Your post is devoid of any relevant detail, and FYI, I'm not in the habit of lying or exaggerating, I try very hard to ensure what comes out of my mouth makes sense at least half the time, however, if you're infatuated with something, don't expose yourself to the wild of the www, cause not everyone thinks the same as you do.

It's interesting that I was speaking to someone else and he mentioned the car was potentially pivoting off it's centre{like pcars}, and I just went and did a few laps and agree that it does feel that way to some extent, as such, I also assert the F2 as one of rf2's worst cars.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Don't laugh please, but what kind of shifting should I be using in this car? Thanks.

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

One of my paddle shifters is broken so I only have my H-Shifter.. And I think it goes higher than 6th... So paddles.