FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. osella

osella Registered

Nono it has 6 gears, IIRC only F1 and CART have/had 7 speed

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I can confirm that the car only has 6 gears forward and 1 reverse.

3. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

Great car, had a lot of fun yesterday with it on different tracks. But as other G25/27 owners i feel the same, wheel is just really light which does make quite hard to judge wahts happening when cant really feel much during cornering.

4. Pits

Pits Registered

I read a lot here about how "the real F2 vehical" does this and that that our RF2 doesn't, My brother raced his whole life, 2 of our club members have and still are racing real and I beat them, by seconds, I own a Mazda Demio and can't drive to the shop without hitting a curb (4 sets of hubcaps in 2 years so I'm an expert). This sim driving is a sim and shouldn't really be compared to anything real imo, to the point that the club drivers can't understand how to race it like it's a playstation (my way) so they lose to a very below real driver.

As to the car pivoting from the center, I quite agree and makes it just impossible to have confidence driving it, but I will and enjoy it, because RF2 is our sim for the future.

Get Those smeggin FrameRates up plz !! :) ty and ty for the F2's, it was xmas after all.

5. liebestod

liebestod Registered

You are a fundamentally useless person.

6. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

What a great car! Thanks alot for the update :)

7. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I found it very strange behavior ISI
    If a mod quality, it does not cause any problems, but if there are questions and arguments - it says on the product, that it what is not.
    Physics, good, I do not like the sounds. This is just my opinion.

Overall, about rF2, then that I was very off-putting.
    Rattles on all models Logitech.
    The graphics are very average (it is not clear how such a system requirements on the middle graph)
    Visual work RealRoad dry and wet. (I wrote about it a lot)
    Big problems with dynamic objects.

Impression, just very overpriced all the parameters of the first part rFactor1.
    Until all the fashion I just unreal, everything is just sports cars, hard suspensions. There is no common standard fashion machine.

I expect only karting events. It is the only sports car I've driven myself.
    Currently doing karting on a previous location, with all the irregularities that sometimes throw cards entirely, up to 5 millimeters.
    The very quality of the physics and check. Or later, I'll finish his kart, achieving real behavior.

F2 to adjust the sound from the external cameras, and on-board ... on any events I have not heard of such a whistle.
    In the cockpit, can and whistles like done.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's the usual suspects!

The majority seem to love it (sure a few niggles here and there) so that's all I'm interested in, can't wait to drive it!

9. Indeed the majority seems to love it much like I do but what I have observed is that G25/27 owners are disappointed! Conclusion is: Buy a Fanatec wheel! ;)
    Also some fellows are posting pseudo technical analysis when you know this car physic's has been supervised by a real F2 engineer! Makes me laugh a lot!
    Anyway after an evening testing it I'm still very happy of this F2! It's really a very good car with tremendous FFB and outstanding handling! I must be honest and admit I was about to leave rF2 for another sim but now I'm back and for sure a long time!!!
    Thank you very much ISI!

10. coops

coops Banned

still all these comparisons to other full released games dead set sick of it. like others have said why are you here complaining if you like some other product better dosnt make sense. just go enjoy what you like the best and stop whining. i will be here till the end and further into the future because i believe ISI has what it takes to make the best sim a few glitches thats fine not full release yet.
    call me a fanboy or what you like don't call me late for dinner.

11. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Compared because they want to add the best of those simulations to compare with, then there is at ISI. Only ISI gives full rights to the tracks and cars. Other major simulators do not give. So they all want to take the best of the serious simulation and although this in rF2.
    But his view of ISI simulation. Therefore, most of the proposals is simply ignored, or no opportunity to lay it into the code rFactor2.

I, myself, many are not pleased at the physics, but suffer because only entitles the ISI and tools that I can simulate what I want.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Also not too forget this F2 *IS NOT FINAL* as it will be improved upon further. Think that's been lost somewhat in here!

13. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I venture to express the desire of the majority.

Graphics - pCars
    Physics and high-quality online - iRacing
    Physics tires - LFS S2
    The opportunity to build their own tracks and cars rFactor1-2
    =
    rFactor 2

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

How do you know what the majority want? You certainly don't know what I want that's for sure!

15. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Certainly not be neglected. But koordinalno changes no happen. The principle was the one that was in the very first projects ISI, which parallels can be drawn. Old man F1 Challenge 99-02

16. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

If they had not wanted to, these projects would not be remembered in comparisons.

17. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Not gonna happen Chump so move on :p

18. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Really enjoy driving this beast round PBI, on the limit its very believable after some practice and getting used to it you start to know when the back end is getting loose, dont know what these guys are saying over and over again same people saying same thing starting to bore me. Why do it to your self just move on its obviously not your cup of tea.

19. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Ok, I've tried it yesterday and the FFB is really awfull. No resistance at all in turns or barely noticable in faster turns (despite having forces bumped up to 1.50). But when you hit some curbs or holes it's trying to break your hands.
    I can't feel anything, I don't know what the car is doing, I need to rely on visuals when driving, which means I'll usually be too late with my reactions.

Also I don't believe that in reality they also have no resistance and completely loose wheel at turns.

I can't say about other aspects about the car because the FFB puts me off and after a few laps I just don't want to drive it anymore.

Not fun, not immersive, I won't drive it unless there is a fix for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
  20. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yesterday I had one of the best ever races with the F2 at Sebring. The track was covered with rubber and I could feel the difference in grip.

So opposed to my experience at Palm Beach (as I mentioned in my previous post) where I could not find grip, the race at Sebring was a blast!

The car started to respond differently with more rubber, the grip increased gradually, I could brake better too and had more stability.

For me, the FFB is great (G25), I guess one has to do the right settings. Anyway, it was really fun, I'm very happy with the new addition and looking forward to some amazing races!

Cheers

PS: I think one has to put some effort first in setting up with wheel, FBB and car setting properly and then test the car with the right conditions before writing it off...