FFB: RF2 VS Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steven Luppino, May 13, 2017.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah? how comes ?

2. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That's one of my favorite things about AC is the gyro. Not sure if rF2 needs it?.
    TBH rF2 , AC and even PC2 are all very enjoyable drive at present.

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

just being thrashing the RSS2 car round interlagos.

just wow.. AC still has a place with rf2 for me.

4. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

When i last time tried the gyro in ac, it didn't seem to work right. It seemed to resist the movement of front tires in relation to the car. It should resist the movement of the rotating wheel in relation to world. Meaning that the gyro effect should make the car counter steer more strongly when back side steps out. Instead it seemed to resist the counter steering.

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Registered

It ads too much dampening to my T500 which feels quite unnatural. The feature was originally introduced for DD wheels to eliminate oscillation.
    With it activated it feels nothing like I.e. rF2, it makes it impossible for me to catch even the smallest slide.
    BTW in my humble opinion AMS, rF2 and AC are quite similar ffb wise. It’s a matter of taste, I like rF2s approach, it’s just a tad to violent to me.

LokiD and vegaguy5555 like this.
  6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Violent is what all sims do not have enough of. No fault to any programmer. My new cockpit is designed with this in mind.
    When I was doing private rally racing in the 80's we had to wear seatbelts. Not for safety (it was race at your own risk back then) but to keep us behind the wheel and stop your head from hitting the roof and hurting your neck. I couldn't believe how physically draining it was.
    But I know what you mean. I like to get my fill of both sims. AC is more smooth while rF2 bangs my wheel on the curbs. I can only imagine what a butt kicker would feel like in rF2?:D

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Fair enough,, i kinda like the slight dampened feeling, rather than the heavy sprung feeling i get from AC. Feels like my tyres are made of rubber rather than elastic. But to be fair, rf2 PC2 do not really need damper as i don't feel the need to have it enabled in CP.

8. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yes, AC's Gyro feature works best with DD-wheels; Self-aligning torque can be really strong and it helps to tame that a bit while avoiding oscillation. It does dampen the FFB a bit but, it's not enough to be an issue and I still add a bit of dampening in the wheel-driver to smoothen things out. AC is one title that doesn't need a lot of tweaking in the FFB when using Gyro with DD-wheels; AMS and rF2 need editing to tone down some of the bump effects unless you like broken wrists. :D

9. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

To me it felt better to put ac settings like this:

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=0
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=1.0
    DAMPER_GAIN=0.1

And then adjust the damping from mmos, like i do for every other sim.