F3 Fanatics

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Bryan Birtwell, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

I'm thinking of taking NRTservers up on an attractive offer they made me and rent an entire box for $79 USD/month, where I can have two versions of rFactor2 and TS3.

That way I can make some more people happy and perhaps run a league on one of them. I'll be able to make it so you can download the vMODs needed from this server. Also have complete access to the desktop which will get rid of the problems due to the limitations of running a hosted server through the server's limited control panel.

Imagine... running hosted server quality with the ease of being able to use the Dedicated Server option within rFactor2! Anyways... I'm running on... Sorry.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere...

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
  2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sounds great Bryan. :)

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

EXCEPT YOU! (I meant to say LOL)

4. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Bryan....this can only be good news.:D

5. Bryan Birtwell

I would like to have more control over the weather. That is another reason for me, or anyone else for that matter to rent an entire box from NRTservers.

Or... at least be able to find the settings in an ini file or something... But, like me, we got to remember... IT'S STILL BETA

Anyways... have fun in or out of the rain!

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
  6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If you have your own server, you can script the weather. You go into the single playr and set up a race with scripted weather and tell it what you want the weather to do. If you choose that track and scripted weather it'll do what you set up in the single player. It's a little weird. Hopefully a tool comes out to manually tweak scripted weather. There's got to be a file that is changed when we script weather though. And if we can identify that file we can always copy and paste and keep a library of our own weather scripts.

7. Bryan Birtwell

Hiya Guybo,

Yes, I know... When I was running my own server at my computer shop for rF2, the original F3's @ ??? = FUN!!!, I enjoyed being able to play with all the variables in the game... including weather.

I just started the ball rolling with NRT to rent one of their complete 'boxes'.

I will be able to run up to 4 instances of rF2, via remote desktop, so I will have access to the GUI of the game instead of just a control panel set up by NRT.

Want to help out with the do-ray-me?? You could then start your own league for Monday nights!

See ya on the track!

Bryan

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I've tried but have found no interest in a league Monday nights. If there was, I'd be the first one to offer up my server (I use a laptop and I'm on fiber) but it seems that Monday nights just are not popular.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

nevermind- I got it to work. I had to uninstall and reinstall the mod. What a pain in the ass. This rfmod thing sucks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
  10. Bryan Birtwell

Sorry to hear that the VMOD stuff has been giving you a hard time. I can't do anything about that.

However... I did add a TS3 virtual server to my server.

25.127.1.66:9987
    PW = EVE

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I might have to try out your new place, Bryan, I have a hard time catching time for my friends across the "pond".

Of course, it will be after I do the "dance" of uninstalling stuff so I can install your vmod.

12. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Bryan that IP Address needs amending mate.

75.127.1.66:9987

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I know bubba. NP. I eventually got it going. Nice addition with the TS server.

14. Bryan Birtwell

That IP works for me, here at work.

You can try leaving off the port :)9987).

Let me know how you make out.

Bryan

15. Bryan Birtwell

We'll be glad to have you, Jim!

Just remember, I don't run the F3 Fanatics! vMOD anymore. I'm using and will continue using the 1960s World Class Racing All Tracks vMOD.

Cya on the track!

Bryan

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

You must be using the old version. I tried to join tonight and it said I don't have the mod, but I just installed it.

17. mel1c

mel1c Registered

What is Mod ID MRG1027? Is it MRG1026 v1.01? I was able to race ARI & F3 fanatics last night using MRG1026 v1.0. Today I cannot get on F3 Fanatics (which says MRG1027) but can get on ARI (MRG1026).

18. MJP

MJP Registered

MRG1027 is the latest v1.01 of Mauros 60's VMOD. As I type this ARI F3 League server is still using MRG1026 which is v1.0 of Mauro's 60's VMOD, and F3 Fanatics is using the new v1.01 (MRG1027).

It didn't help that he forgot to rename the VMOD filename to match the new Mod ID which has helped to confuse things.

As Mauro explains here he decided to for separate versions rather than update the old ones and yes that does mean you can have both installed at the same time and should be able to join both the ARI and the F3 Fanatic servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  19. mel1c

mel1c Registered

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. This is all still a bit awkward :confused:

20. Bryan Birtwell

And here I am... Going nuts (didn't have too far to go...)

In my server's "Packages" folder it says I have MGR 1026. Why then does it say MGR... 1027, on Match Maker?