F3 Fanatics

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Bryan Birtwell, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Ok... Under "Mod Manager" the file shows that it's MGR1026. When I open "details" it shows that it is actually version 1027.

I don't get it... Did he update the file name without changing it's name, perhaps?

I won't be able to test anything until I get home from work later on this afternoon, and get on my machine.

Any words of advise???

Bryan

Update:

I've got both MGR1026 and MGR1027 installed on a machine at my computer shop
    and all is well trying to join servers with MGR1026 or MGR1027.

I have both vMODs installed on it and all works just fine.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  2. MJP

MJP Registered

He should've updated the filename to match the Mod ID to help avoid confusion, shouldn't affect how it works though. As you've noticed in your Packages folder you have...

MRG1026-v1.0-1960sWorldClassRacingAllTracks.rfmod (Mod ID - MRG1026)
    MRG1026-v1.01-1960sWorldClassRacingAllTracks.rfmod (Mod ID - MRG1027)

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya what does this vmod do?

What is the diference between a vmod and a mod (if there is a diference?)

4. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy Adrian,

A MOD is a MOD... IE:Track, Car, or, Car & Track combo.

A vMOD is taking those MODs, combining them, and therefore creating a vMOD. Or, virtual MOD.

Now that you know the difference... DON'T use this vMOD... Or, at least don't use it and think that my server "F3 Fanatics!" is using it.

My server runs and will run the following vMOD,

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4739-1960s-World-Class-Racing-All-Tracks-vMod

until it either no longer receives updates, or something better comes along... Don't feel used, Mauro. You've made it really easy for us F3 Fanatics, Thank you!

Hey, I hope this clears some stuff up for you... And, hope to see ya on the track soon!

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I hope ISI follows this thread. This is the poster child for getting rid of the vmod system. This has nothing to do with the great server you provide, Bryan, or the mod, or the tracks, or the game itself or those of us banging our heads against our keyboards. This is 100% Vmod BS.

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I tend to agree Guy, It's a lot easier to just fire up an "offline" run around the track, than it is to go multi-player and try to figure out vMod's on a server you haven't been on before, or one you have been on after something new ( track or mod) has been released.

7. Bryan Birtwell

I feel your pain, as an ex-US-president used to say...

However, how else would you deal with the issue of what tracks and or cars are on a server???

Say all you needed was the correct vehicle and track installed on your system... You have what you need to enter that server that is running what you want to run... You enter the server, practice, qualify, and then RACE! You win that race! Whoo Hoo!!! You're eager for the next race... Then, when the track changes... You get booted from the server because, you don't have the next track in that server's rotation... By the time you find the track online... get it downloaded... get it installed... You're 5 seconds too late for the race... And, it's not my server, so nobody restarts the weekend to let you in... LOL!

At least with the vMODs, once you've got it installed, and entered the server successfully, you know that you can spend the evening there; with no worries about not having the correct tracks installed in your game. And, the update problems wouldn't go away with the absence of vMODs, it would only get worse.

Only my humble opinion and I'm sure I haven't thought through all the different ways this may be accomplished. Shy of constantly downloading content from the servers... I already know from first hand experience with rented servers, you just can't do that. Even if you could, you wouldn't want to.

Hoping that this helps someone, somewhere over the rainbow... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
  8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In race 07 that's what we do. It's not an issue, if you don't have the next track, you either go get it or move on to the next server. The vmod system is keeping people from going online altogether.

9. Bryan Birtwell

Don't know... advantages to both ways... Perhaps there are advantages of being able to do it both ways???

Servers that cater to league racing or mine, where the some people show up night after night, maybe makes more sense for vMODs.

People looking for pickup races, should be able to say... I got the car... I got the track... Let's go!

Gotta wait and see what happens... just don't hold your breath. : )

Bryan

10. rer8

rer8 Registered

Hey Bryan,
    I have been trying to get your vmod since the release of 101. Can't seem to get it to work. I have a fresh install of rF2 101. I have downloaded and installed all of the stated mods. I am still unable to join your online game. If ISI is listening it really is time to take note that the MODID control method to avoid mismatches is working well. We can no longer join any games at all. That was not in the plan, was it?

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I still have no idea what this mod is or what it does?

I use to think it was another f3 car but don't think it is now

12. rer8

rer8 Registered

Well for me I now know that it is because I have Fuji 1.01. Fuji 1.0 is required BUT I am restricted from running both. Well now, it really is easy to build a mod, BUT, in rF1 I was able to ignore a difference and race online. RFactor's great plus seems now to be it's Achilles heel. lol

Now, where did I put that RFactor one desktop link?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
  13. rer8

rer8 Registered

Concur

14. rer8

rer8 Registered

I like it! Clear, Concise, Complete!

15. Bryan Birtwell

One thing I have to ask is... Are you trying to get into the server named "F3s @ ??? = Fun!!!"?? If so, that server ain't mine... It's got rFactor2 v.85 on it still.

Mine is "F3 Fanatics! With Weather!"

It's using the 1960s World Class Racing All Tracks v1.02 vMOD.

Hope this helps...

If you would like to try catching me on Team Speak 3 the info is as follows;

IP= 24.116.25.60
    PW= EVE

Worse case is that I log onto your computer with Team Viewer and get it straightened out for you. No charge!

Hope this helps!

Bryan

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

were is the new mod ???

17. Bryan Birtwell

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thanks Bryan was same issue Stephen had a while back.

Sebring Club was working fine then next day when new build came out
    v1.02 would not work ( TMTires1.0c not found)

I got rid of other vmods and all is fine................also running the full update over the top may not have helped...... doh

I also recommended as above anyone suffering any issues do a brand new clean install and add back a folder with only official content then after that is 100% do mods one at a time, test offline and check mod manager.

I had a few little bugs that have seemed to disappear since doing a fresh new build ie: slight stutter leaving pits, stutter in light rain, FF resetting, server/room connection speed, slower loading.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Where is Mountain Forest..... ?

lol :p lol

;)

20. Bryan Birtwell

Hiya DD,

I'll have Mountain Forest on my server by the end of the day... All anyone will need is Mountain Forest v.5 and IsI's 1960s World Class Racing.

You'll be able to download the vMOD, but not the track itself.

Hope this helps!

Bryan