F3 Fanatics

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Bryan Birtwell, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

I had the Brabs there because of the novelty of them. They have now been retired, from my server anyways.

Hopefully the attrition problem is all but gone with just the F3s running at the tracks.

I put most of the tracks back on the server's list last night. You shouldn't need to do anything to your systems.

My thanks go out to those who have contributed to this post by helping those who are having difficulties installing this vMOD.

Thanks again and I'll see ya's on the track!

Bryan

1 person likes this.
  2. Howling Romantic

Howling Romantic Registered

Hiya, I'm loving the F3's but I can't join any more as the version of Fuji I have is 1.01, not 1.0 as used in your vMOD. Thanks for all the help above that allowed me to understand the issue quickly.

Any idea where I can get the older version?

Cheers, Mike

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Install both versions of Fuji.
    1.0 and 1.01

4. DeM

DeM Registered

thank you Bryan, I cannot get enough of the F3's, still my passione is F1...i wait in patience

5. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

F3 Fanatics is your doing? Gee thanks mate its always excellent fun.
    Me spies an anniversary softail custom. Looks like a bit of rake & stretch
    and lots n lots of other stuff. (Pic aint real big).
    Nice ride Bryan.
    I was a dealership tech at that time. Excellent fun too :D
    Top fuellers is where my nic is derived from bwahaha.
    I figured if you werent spannerin on sleds @100th,
    you may as well be in a box lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  6. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy Dem,

I really have no plans, nor desires to go to F1 on my server. I did the Brabs when first released for 24 hours... It was a flop.

The F3s offer friendly, close... I mean CLOSE racing, that I have not found in any other series of racing.

Wait, I correct myself... Microsoft's Monster Truck Racing 2, had that same close, friendly racing... But let's not go there. 8*D

I am, in no way, trying to 'diss' the folks that enjoy the other classes of vehicles... I'm just saying that, although sometimes slow, I really enjoy the fun I've been experiencing and the friends I've made in the F3 Fanatics (formerly F3's@???=Fun!) server.

I'm glad you're also enjoying yourself at my server... And you never know when the Brabs will be enabled for some quick jaunts around the banking of Monza!

Bryan

7. Bryan Birtwell

Howdy,

It's an anniversary softail standard.

It looks stretched and raked because FXSTs came with longer forks than the FLs and more rake in the frame.

I'm using the chrome forks I had on it when it was still and FXST, had to get fork tins made that are 3" over.

It has fatboy fenders and the nacelle is off an '84 shovelhead, and samson true duals. I forget what the footboards are off of.

The local HD shop calls it a "FXBB" the "BB" standing for my initials. Bryan Birtwell.

You didn't notice the "blonde" motor... being the bottom of the line softail, it doesn't have a black and chrome motor.

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
  8. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Any way you can update this to include the new version of Fuji? I installed the new version of Fuji, and can not install this mod ...it requires the old version of Fuji. never mind, I found the old version of Fuji, all is well...

9. DeM

DeM Registered

Thank you to you Bryan , I understand your passion F3 we go !

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If the version problem with Fuji gets in the way, why don't you just drop it? It's not the best F3 track anyway. A lot of people also have issues with lighting, FPS and shadow issues here. Plus also the problem with the screen blacking out. It'll be a great track when finished and the layout is a challenge, but it's causing more problems right now than its worth IMHO.

11. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

Haven't raced with you guys in a little while, and just wanted to ask a question about a pet peeve of mine with rF2 and mods. Bryan, why use a seperate mod as opposed to the "1960's all cars and tracks mod?" I hate all these stupid mods (not specifically yours) that all need updating whenever a new build or track or update comes out. It's ridiculous! I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible during beta and was just curious about this. I've been racing with the ARI guys on their F3 server with the 1960's mod and seems to work well. Would love to race with you guys but don't see the need for another mod, unless there's some thing I'm missing, which is very possible.

Thanks buddy, hope all are enjoying some great racing.

Todd

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
  12. Bryan Birtwell

Nizmo,

I've tried to install the All Cars All Tracks mod that included in the build. Last I tried it wasn't a mod that I could select from, from the server. I can only see it as an single player option.

I am thinking about just making it the 1960's world class racing, from IsI... what comes with the game and limit the tracks to Brianza, Monaco, and Belgium.

That way... nobody has to do nothin...

We'll see, in the mean time install the old version of Fuji (I've been told you can have both installed, haven't tried it) and join us now!

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

With build 90 shouldn't be an issue- everyone should be able to get the vmod from the server in the lobby- if you have it set up for it.

14. Bryan Birtwell

Nope... I don't believe it does work that way... at least not with paid servers. I can set up my personal one to do that.

NRT is trying to find a way to change the path that the game would use to get the downloads. Until that happens I won't be able to offer that feature on my server I rent from them. Believe me... they wish there was an easier way.

So... from now on, my server will be using the 1960s World class racing all tracks vMOD. It's easy enough to get.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4739-1960s-World-Class-Racing-All-Tracks-vMod

Even if you could download the mod from my server... that wouldn't help with the tracks you would need for the mod.

Have fun!

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
  15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Gotcha. When I run a server it's on my laptop next to me and I can just tweak a few things and enable it. However, you're right we can't d/l tracks from servers. Will that be enabled in the future? But if you rent.... I see the problem. Hopefully the version issue with Fuji gets cleared up and then I'll be back to race.

16. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

Great news...it just seems like the easiest solution at this time, and will remain less confusing as new "stuff" is released or updated.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

Anyone have an opinion on how this mod compares to the isi formula renaults ?

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Like 1960 engineering to 2010 of same?
    (or I didnt get the question)

19. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

This is just a vMod linking ISI 60's formulas to several tracks, you wont get new cars if this is what you are asking

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Redpxl

I see thanks for the info, I didnt realise this, it looks like a new car from title of thread etc