[WIP] F1 1982 League Edition - Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by EmperorOfFinland, Oct 16, 2021.

1. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Upgrade rf2 then lol

2. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

The game has had so many additions that the sounds dont work since all of the car sounds have been ported over the new soundengine so this means if the old ui does not support it the sound does not work because of that. also the game might sometimes with multiple sounddevices forget to select proper audiomode that thats why it makes no sound. you can go to sound menu and change it from auto to immersive and back.

3. EmperorOfFinland

When youre going to test the cars? :D

4. EmperorOfFinland

Okay the mod is almost entirely finished but the reason why i cant finish it is that i dont have a program to rerig the animations for the cars and if im being entirely honest me paying 4 months of savings into it does not make much sense given the mod is free.

We could finish the mod as a community. since once that is done i can start making the historical edition. since i can only just generate alternative physics for the mod. I would do the animations myself but as it stands due to current financial situation i dont have enough to apply for the indie license. the mod is functionally like 90-95% complete otherwise since after the animations would be done i would only need to fix the 3d models and setup proper AI tires and AI talent files and make a vehicle list for it.

All of this would probably functionally be complete within 1-2 months of time if i put bit of effort into it. You dont know how greatly it annoys me that i cant finish my work that i spent 2 years of my life into just cause i cant get the animations done.

So i ask for the community to help me finish this mod since its a shame we have a 90-95% complete mod that would need only refinement on these specific aspects to be considered full release.

5. Porsche962C

Porsche962C Registered

What program would be needed to rerig the animations?

6. EmperorOfFinland

3dsmax to my understanding is the only one to do it with. prettymuch everything else can be done on blender and here lies the problem. the 3dsmax indielicense is 350€ per year so its not exactly feasible for a low income person especially as the mod is free. That kind of money is not really on the budget to fix a single thing on the mod that is never going to bring any income in.

There are around 28-32 cars that need driver animations on them as a base. the drivermodel is already textured so all that would have to be done would be to fit the driver model properly into the car and edit the animation it runs so it works. I could do the job myself otherwise.

I would ofcourse give credit where its due if someone would help me with the animations as it should be.

7. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

What about using existing animations and just scale the driver's model for the cockpit sizes?

8. EmperorOfFinland

it does not work any better since its exactly what i have done currently and due to the differing distances of steeringwheels and cockpits it means the animations dont really line up that well at all since different cars have different driving poses by default and so on.. it would require basically individual animation for all cars.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  9. EmperorOfFinland

Well i have aquired the needed tools to do the animations myself. i will do them on low priority since im modding another game mainly at this moment that happens to also use 3dsmax. but im sure by june they should be done. its 28 animations so it might take a while to key them together or not. i have not made many animations myself but i will get some animation practice when i will be doing some tank hatch and ejectionport animations :D

VirusGR42, pkelly, JoeP1 and 2 others like this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

A VERY committed Project!
    Good Luck with that.

11. vava74

vava74 Registered

[QUOTE="Ai upscaling of skins and remastering of some skins."
    Hi Emperor, what software are you using to AI upscale skins and textures, if you don't mind sharing that info?

12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

13. vava74

vava74 Registered

14. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

For AI upscaling or other stuff you can basically do it all locally instead of GTP4, AIupscaler and other websites that ask money after many attempts. https://pinokio.computer/ you can download for free and then in the app install all the apps locally to run on your own private system, works a lot faster here as well ;)

bears and vava74 like this.
  15. EmperorOfFinland

yeah so i have not upscaled stuff recently since i had @VirusGR42 remake all of the skins in 4k from the old ones i did originally use it for some but the liveries were remade from that. I would have to do the driver animations but i have been lacking motivation to do that since i hate rigging 3d objects on 3ds max even if its not that difficult. im more of a porting master than doing anything original myself.

Still waiting for the turboRPM bug to be fixed since it was not important enough to be fixed but it seems like i have to modify my fully working code since the car's turbo is unable to increase the turboRPM value meaning the turbo spool and spin audio does not work.

The problem lies that i have to rig like 28 cars to each of the drivermodels so its not exactly a straightforward job. it would probably take a month to do if i even did one animation per day since i dont like rigging enough to have patience to do more.

3D models is the thing that im not that good and i absolutely hate UV mapping since i did not know you can use programs to automatically do it instead of doing it manually so i rigged like 10 cars manually by hand. Then get nitpicked on them being shit when i just dont have the skill required to fix it by people who cant even edit the blender basecube and you know they cant but still blast your FREE mod like you swindled them out of 100 trillion dollars when the whole thing took like 2 years of my life and i have not got paid from any of it since i did it just for fun and that i wanted to do it.

It's not probably helped by the fact that since 2021 i have not been able to use simwheel due to simracing caused shoulder/neck injury meaning i get cripping pain if i try to drive the car even without FFB or drive it with it. it also prevents me from driving in real life too and gamepad and pedals just aint that fun to be driving with to be honest and people nitpick me for cheating when im already 0.5-1 seconds slower per lap with that but somehow still perform okay on old cars and as a result i burned out on simracing i think last october and just decided to quit it for like 6 months.

So yeah drivers animations are last thing to fix on the mod and the AI ofcourse but i have no idea how the ai talent files work so there is that.