[WIP] F1 1982 League Edition - Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by EmperorOfFinland, Oct 16, 2021.

1. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

Okay its been 3 months, and i have not had much to update despite doing alot of work in terms of updating the mod. i have arrived to 0.854 version of the mod at this point. all i have to do for Beta release is to finish up the driversuits and @VirusGR42 to finish up with the remastered and remade skins for the cars.

Mclaren Driversuits.png

Mclaren Driversuits 2.png

Mclaren Driversuits 1.png

I have also mostly finished porting over the old SFX soundfiles to JSON. So the only thing i can't do by my own is the make completely new animations for the drivers as each of the 27 different carmodels requires their own animation so this means the drivers arms wont perfectly line up to the wheels unfortunately. I have added bunch of extra carmodel upgrades to the cars. Split the coding of the cars so now the gearbox options are seperate class. That alone with the adding of all skins to be available took almost 2 months.

For example. to use all 13 skins of alboreto on tyrrell i had to split him from 2 veh files. ie na and turbo to 33 na and 33 turbo entries. and each of them had to manually be changed just a bit so it would split each skin to AM,PRO,PURIST categories with different gearbox upgrades. and this had to be done for each skin. requiring small modifications to the veh file each time. But now that is complete so it means i dont have to do it again.

Now i only have to add the engine names to the files so the UI will show what engine the car has interms of sound.

Physics were reworked to more complete state and stock setup changed. now i only need upgrade code from Benborp to have fully adjustable antirollbars from the cockpit as i came up with info that half of the teams had that available in 1980 so that would mean it would not be out of question to have it on these cars.

VirusGR42, Hazi, bears and 9 others like this.
  2. jymp

jymp Registered

Is this mod still being worked on ?

3. EmperorOfFinland

Infact it is. and its almost done at this point. The only things missing are some driversuit skins. all the carmodels are in currently. But the mod will be kept as non public for the time being. There will be ways to access it but i have an agreement to keep the usage of the mod exclusive for League purposes as i still plan to use the league to develop it more.

But this also means that people can actually drive it during 2023 April and onwards. Due to getting some help i agreed to keep it exclusive bu this means that According to my knowledge it will become public during 2023 August. The last months will be used for balancing and tweaking with more data. So by August the mod should be 100% complete.

Here is some pictures. it does not contain all the 28 carmodels. F1 1982 League Edition Release 1.jpg

F1 1982 League Edition Release 2.jpg

F1 1982 League Edition Release 3.jpg

F1 1982 League Edition Release 4.jpg

F1 1982 League Edition Release 5.jpg

F1 1982 League Edition Release 6.jpg

F1 1982 League Edition Release 7.jpg

F1 1982 League Edition Release 8.jpg

F1 1982 League Edition Release 9.jpg

bears, Rogger, Bostrom and 5 others like this.
  4. EmperorOfFinland

5. 3377

3377 Registered

Sorry to bump up, so basically Alboreto has 13 skins variants is that it? Can the ai use it ?

6. EmperorOfFinland

They are seperate entries. Eventually i will categorise them by race basis but since the whole mod runs around 600-1000 vehfiles its a big job to start manually changing each of them. Alboreto has alot of skinvariants as the only way to preinstall skins is to make seperate vehicle entries

3377 and VirusGR42 like this.
  7. doddynco

doddynco Registered

How many veh files?!!? :O

8. 3377

3377 Registered

Unfortunately since the ai skin selection is still broken and the developer seems to not caring about it the only way to have track specific skin is this way....... I think with upgrades and trackconfigbase.ini the ai would use the correct carshape

Another way is to copy/paste GMT assign the correct liveries and to make upgrades for the ai and the player. However it would work only with the tracks that you defined in the trackconfigbase.ini

Copy veh files is a simpler way to go. Still if you got 26 drivers ans 16 races you have +400 veh files. Even more 480 with 30 drivers (qualifying max when pre-qualications were around).

Seriously this need to be fixed. And a way to edit the tracks that we select for configuration in the trackconfigbase.ini

9. EmperorOfFinland

I calculated the seperate vehfiles that i had to make. its in total 576 with 4 classes of cars. i used to have 6 classes of cars since 1 is 144 veh files. 2 is 288 4 is 576 so 6 was 864 vehicle files. that literally took 2 months of work to split up like that. just to have all skins on all classes of cars.

10. EmperorOfFinland

There will be a CMS league taking place with the full calendar starting from this month onwards. but it means that during it it has exclusive access as i will use the data from the league to balance the mod for the tracks.

F1_1982Calendar 2.jpg

MNRL (US based - Tuesday Nights) 50% distance 2x fuel 2x tire 2x durability
    MNRL takes place at these times Server Reboot/practice 02:00 GMT +2 Finnish Time, Race Brief 03:55
    Qualifying 04:00 Pitbox Check/Warmup 04:20 Race 04:30

F1_1982Calendar_Emp 2.jpg

Emperor of Finland's Turbo time (Europe Friday Nights) 100% distance 1x fuel 1x tire 1x durability
    Server Reboot/practice 19:00 GMT +3 Finnish Time Race Breif 20:55
    Qualifying 21:00 Pitbox Check/Warmup 22:00 Race 22:15

Info about the series can be found on here. https://cmsracing.com/mnrl-f1-1982/

The discord contains the required links for the mod.

Hope to see you people racing in here. next week there is test race on

After these are done the mod will go public and other leagues can drive it afterwards. it also should be fully ready by that point. the mod is easily driveable for fulldistance currently but might lack on driver animation or 3d model side. there is a test server if you search CMS on the RF2 server browser and you can join in to practice :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    GPNeville, doddynco, vava74 and 2 others like this.
  11. jymp

jymp Registered

Good job, externally the cars look better, add chrome to the wheels though.

12. EmperorOfFinland

they were originally chrome and i could easily add it in with a shader change on the IBL material. About the 3d models. i just dont have good enough 3d modelling skill to really fix them on my own. and i really dislike 3d modelling in general.

The chrome rims are fixed now Chrome rims.png

13. EmperorOfFinland

Do leave feedback on this thread about the cars so if you find something to fix i can get into fixing it since the mod has 28 carmodels so that means there is alot things to fix.

14. jymp

jymp Registered

Good deal with the chrome !, lets see some screenshots with the fix ?

15. EmperorOfFinland

well i have not updated the mod yet. i will update the mod on sunday evening again when i get the rest of the things. as im missing some driver and car skins still.

16. AfarNUFC

AfarNUFC Registered

These cars look great. Would love to see the mod become available to offline championships. Are there any plans for this? Right now we have a big gap between the 79 mod and the 88 one (with the 86 one looking like it's broken atm).

17. EmperorOfFinland

You can run it on offline championships on your own. the online championship is just restricted currently to 2 series currently as i use it to balance out the mod. after they are done it becomes public and people can race it on other series

The link should be on CMS discord for you to pick up from there.

herve likes this.
  18. AfarNUFC

AfarNUFC Registered

I got the mod from the workshop, but how do I replace the drivers names for the actual 1982 field ? I use RF2LA to create my custom championship, so it's important that the names a correct and stay consistent throughout my fake season.

19. EmperorOfFinland

by loading them seperately one by one into the race.

20. AfarNUFC

AfarNUFC Registered

That's going to be a lot of work for every race, there's no easier way to do this, can I modify a text file or something, sorry I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff ?