[WIP] F1 1982 League Edition - Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by EmperorOfFinland, Oct 16, 2021.

1. SharD

SharD Registered

Congratulations on the physics, they are really good. The cars are perfectly balanced between turbo and normally aspirated, and I do like the turbo lag some of the cars have.

Reached a top speed of 370 kph in the Brabham with 0 wings and long gearing. :)

2. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

Are you being sarcastic since the car should not go above 320kph since if it does i will tweak the physics.

3. EmperorOfFinland

So about this league. i have decided to add a sliding scale for the ETT races from now on due to low attendance. So if i get 1-5 people i will run 1/4th full distance. 5-10 people will be 1/2 distance. and above that will be full distance. Alternatively i can drop the distance to 1/2 completely since people are obiviously not interested in driving full distance races.

F1_1982Calendar_Emp 2.jpg

The times are Emperor of Finland's Turbo time (Europe Sunday Nights) 25-50-100% distance 1x fuel 1x tire 1x durability
    Server Reboot/practice 19:00 GMT +3 Finnish Time Race Breif 20:55
    Qualifying 21:00 Pitbox Check/Warmup 22:00 Race 22:15

I hope to see you on San Marino Imola on 23rd of April.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  4. SharD

SharD Registered

Uh, no. I wasn't being sarcastic. Why would I be?

5. EmperorOfFinland

Well you better tell me how you did it since to my understanding that is not possible on exact details so i can fix it

6. SharD

SharD Registered

I think there is a bug in the game at the moment regarding the way the game "reads" some engine files. The AI cars didn't go over 220 kph while I blew past them with 350 kph. This was on the Le Mans circuit straight. I'd wait a little until Studio 397 addresses this issue. This bug is what may be causing the "wrong" speeds.

Oh, and drop the snarky tone, please.

7. EmperorOfFinland

Hardly a snarky tone to be honest. i have not in the last 2 years been able to get the car to go over 325kph on anywhere. now i did not test it on lemans straight but rare tracks have as long straights. so when you said you went 370kph i was like how that is even possible. as that is literally what happened. and good to know its not my fault. so i wont change things myself.

pkelly likes this.
  8. herve

herve Registered

Hello
    Thank you for this fabulous 1982 mod finally found (I often played with it on RF1). I love physics and the sounds of the engines are pure bliss for the ears. A little work remains on the graphics side for the cockpits but congratulations for the work accomplished!:)

9. jymp

jymp Registered

Is this latest version on the Workshop ?,

pascom likes this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

Just out of Interest, did you use the exact same default Upgrades/Setup like the AI or, if you did use an own low Downforce/longer Gears/other Engine Mapping.... Upgrade/Setup and did force the AI to use it too?
    I ask, because i doubt, that a Bug in the Game would cause such a max Speed Difference.

11. EmperorOfFinland

I have not updated the mod for a while but the latest version is on the workshop. i have been taking time off actually due to losing interest since the euro league fizzeled out and became defunct. So the mod is mostly just on maintenance mode to fix modbreaking bugs and doing some balancing.

I think i have tweaked ferrari NA sounds and some other small fixes but otherwise there has not been any developement.

The one clear thing to fix is the driver hands animations but since i ran out of 3ds max license i cant fix that anymore since blender cant do animation files to my understanding.

There is some 3d model fixes that probably need to be done. then the animations for driverhands and drivermodels. Then some balancing but i dont have enough data to really tweak the balance too much. I already nerfed the turbocar and i have been thinking of buffing the NA cars aero just a bit again.

I have literal vietnam flashbacks from fixing the 3d models as i rather dislike doing that.

makan likes this.
  12. jymp

jymp Registered

I've looked the Workshop over, do not see a F1 1982 mod at all.

13. vava74

vava74 Registered

It's under testing, before going public.

pascom likes this.
  14. EmperorOfFinland

It's unlikely that the drivers animations will be fixed since i ran out of 3dsmax license and personally given that the project has not made a single cent and that due to licensing there is no way for me to make anything on it anyways. that i would be spending 350€ to fix the animations really does not seem sensible with my income as that is what a year of indielicense costs.

If someone feels like making 28 seperate animations for all the carmodels that would be appreciated but for me its not worth spending 350€

15. 3377

3377 Registered

Is there another tool to do the animations than 3ds max ?

16. EmperorOfFinland

To my understanding no. what is rather unfortunate on itself since there is plenty of opensource software for 3d modelling.

17. Cristiano Corraini

Cristiano Corraini Registered

Hi fellows,
    How do I modify the engine lifetime after the update released (v0.884) just for personal usage?

Before the update, I could edit the engine *.ini file extracting from MAS file using text editor and insert them in the MAS file. Now, when I start the game it reinstalls the F1 82 mod automatically to the last version removing all modifications it had done before.

I would like to simulate a full race for 82 season and I couldn´t play until the end because all the AI engines blew in the half of the race (42 of 77 laps).

A good lifetime values simulating the whole race could be something like:
    LifetimeAvg=9200
    LifetimeVar=2100

These variables were tested in Kyalami before the update as example and 30-40% of the AI drivers had retired of engine failures, like real 82 season.

Any comments on how can I modify the *.ini files after the updates will be appreciated.
    Btw, congratulations for this amazing mod created. Graphics, physics are really stunning!

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    datasting likes this.
  18. redapg

redapg Registered

If you edit a Workshop Item and are connected online and have automatic Updates activated, your Editings will be overwritten with the original Files, like you did experience.
    You can package your Modifications into an Update rfcmp instead and install that, to avoid that.

Cristiano Corraini likes this.
  19. Cristiano Corraini

Cristiano Corraini Registered

Are there an easy way to pack only engine.ini file and reinstall the update? Do you know how can I do it?
    In rF1 was very simple editing directly using notepad only;

20. redapg

redapg Registered

I've made a Video about how you can update a DLC Car, but it's the same for other Cars.
    You can watch it HERE.
    If it doesn't help you to package an Update rfcmp and install it, inform me.
    PS In your Case, put only the edited File(s) into the mas File.