Expectations for next Build?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mibrandt, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

An I chime in:
    6) Someone point to someone that complains at people complaining of complaints. :D

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Fair enough but its the choice they made, most likely a conscious one, heck they even hired Tim for that purpose if i'm not mistaken? (along side other things of course)

And i'm sorry but accurate build notes is the least we could expect? maybe they are accurate enough, maybe not, its just not clear. and that raises all kinds of questions when we see changes or differences not being (properly) mentioned in the build notes.

I'm not saying the dev's should chase the forums all day, but there could and should be more clarity on issues. especially issues that are mentioned over and over for years on end sometimes.
    A dev giving a simple reason for the server browser being out of date and Tim adding it to the build note is a simple way of communicating and solves the endless questions about it because then forum users can answer others and pointing to those notes.
    That's not too complicated is it? And its not about users demanding stuff, its just much more helpful if the story is clearer then it is now. Because rf2 is no longer Beta, we are already using it.

And please don't tell me the answer was already given in some random thread 2 years ago.....that's maybe why we keep going in circles all the time. its unclear, raises more questions and adds to the negativity and impatience towards rf2.
    That's why I created those 2 Wiki's, I was getting fed up with the same questions over and over again.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

If everything was plotted-out in excruciating detail for the all-important purpose of minimizing development resources, we'd be able to have a development road map posted and updated by ISI that would eliminate, among other things, the repeated need for this thread.

On the other hand, if it's a small team with too-few resources that are just keeping their heads above water and release "random" collections of updates once in a while, then it explains the nature of the output of the past few years and suggests that the pattern (and silence from the devs) is not going to change.

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

arriving..

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Woww...I just realized that it has been like 45 from the last build! ISI take it easy!:rolleyes:

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

5) Someone complains about the above state of things

lol :)

:p

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

It explains indeed.
    I can't judge their way's of doings, its probably thought through and all, or, as you opted, a case of hanging in there.

I just can express my concern, I've joined our league when rf1 just arrived and never left them. in all those years we had rf1 events every week and a big group of people deciphering all that was rf1, both client and server. we went very deep and collected allot of information by ourselves and through other communities and people and not because of a well documented sim.

Last year we moved away from rf1 but we where still discovering things about rf1 on occasion!

I really don't want rf2 to go down the same route. I know ISI is a fan of the community figuring things out and launching that into the world but we should not be harvesting basic or essential info for the next 7 years to come. I really don't want to be a league admin in the same position (endlessly diving into stuff, always explaining/fixing stuff) or just a user chasing things.

I realise very much its a difficult predicament but I do feel there should be an improvement in transparency.

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

My expectation? Thanks to ask: real 5.1 sounds.

That's something ISI need to really work on. Hearing my rear engine trigger only my front speakers, like hearing in front of me the car behind who want to ram my butt, and only hearing 5.1 sounds when reverbs happen depending the track is breaking my immersion like nothing else, and it's fully the opposite of the high amount of realism I can see on the screen, and feel on my wheel and my butt(kicker).

Knowing in all other sims I play which tire is losing grip just because I hear the tire sound coming exactly where it should come, and knowing than a car come from my rear left without looking in the mirror is simply priceless.

That's my expectation for my favorite simulation.

9. coops

coops Banned

just to get a new build would be nice no expectations thou.

10. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

rain effects on windshield, and such things :)

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Sure. But it would create need for new ones every time there was any deviation.

12. Sankaracharya

Sankaracharya Registered

I'm more than happy now, I bought GSE 2013 and I'm having the time of my life with it. Lots of wonderfully made cars and tracks. No need to complain.

At last I found a Sim that I really enjoy playing.

Uninstalling RF2. May be back when everything is sorted out (if ever).

13. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

Please ISI, you just need to pull this all together. Yes you are getting some stick from many members on how it doesn't meet AC and iR standards. Personally I think you are producing something different here.

AC has DX11, laser scanning and some solid physics and FFB.

iRacing has online racing nailed, vast amounts of data, proper leagues etc.

However rF2 brings RealRoad, the ingredients for amazing physics and great FFB.

What's missing is an intuitive menu system, solid regular updates and 2014 graphics. Maybe you released the Beta way too soon, modders are losing interest because the product changes and isn't stable enough to put the effort into.

You grabbed me in from day 1, but it's just been drawn out and other sims are making fast progress and you're being left behind.

I'll be hoping rF2 becomes the sim I really hoped for, if it needs another 1-2 years then so be it. Just seemed like it needed a bit more time in closed beta before it went public.

Listen to the wish list section and deliver what's being asked for and you'll make this the sequel that rF needs.

14. elbo

elbo Registered

They were kind of between a rock and a hard place on this one because had they not released anything by now we would be labeling RF2 as 'vaporware' but releasing the unpolished product has armed the crying/bitching brigade (of which I have been a part of, I admit).

Ultimately we have what we have. RF2 brings some interesting things to the table but a lot of it is overshadowed by the glacier-like development pace.

15. Galaga

Galaga Banned

funny i went back to rf1 just to refresh my memory regarding rally-like tracks that would be cool in rf2 and haven't been back since. historix '67 911 won't let me come back. i'll keep an ear to the ground but part of the problem is with the community. too picky. don't know how to have fun. if i was a modder i'd stay away because nothing is good enough for the community. people forgot how to have fun somehow. loads of fun being had in rf1. just whiners here. insane because there is so much to do in rf2 if you are open-minded but there are about 3 people here who are. i'll check back in from time to time. best of luck.

16. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I agree very much, I feel you bro.

Community is too serious.

17. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

As far as what I'd like to see from the next build (after the upcoming one), is a slight improvement to interior audio (engines, tires, and spotter are hard to hear right now), more oval racing implementation (so that a good NASCAR mod can finally get started on), and maybe a real-road slider to increase or decrease acceleration. Other than these things, I truly don't see any reason to make huge changes to the software just to try to be like those other sims.

The UI could use a small tweak here and there, but it is fine as is. The graphics are still better than any other currently available sim (not counting pCARS, but I haven't seen it in action to judge.) Hopefully a couple new features will make it in, and the very few bugs get worked out. For me, personally, the development of this product is going great. I would just like to see a quicker release schedule for some of the AWESOME content that is coming in the future. That would be my only complaint, that the new stuff takes so long to come out, though it is frustratingly understandable. I say keep up the great work ISI, and as always I'll continue to enjoy rF2 no matter how long it takes to get the next build.

18. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I'd like to see an improvement in material shaders. The difference between AC, pCars cockpits and rf2 ones is quite large (rf2 looking quite cartoony) and has nothing to do with being dx9 (pCars looks pretty much identical between dx9 and dx11 for example).

Would also like to see some improvement to surround sound.

Would also like to see some development roadmap.

19. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

At this point my expectations of the build have been lowered to just be there

20. Gupster

Gupster Registered

1 Random weather
    2 Realtime RealRoad
    3 Drying rate of wet track

Basically taking all of the wonderful features of r factor2 to realtime settings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk