Expectations for next Build?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mibrandt, Jan 29, 2014.

1. pas74

pas74 Registered

Quote 1 (infinite times)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 utilizzando Tapatalk

2. rhamm

rhamm Registered

ISI has never had a particularly good lighting system. That probably won't change any time soon.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No point......... it was same as another 100 boring comparisons used daily as you say to try to prove some point.

You are the one battling with meaning by making light of the obvious differences in them.

I don't see what a lot of the stuff in this thread has to do with the Topic in hand. lopl

=======================================================================================

rF2 historics vs AC , pCARS Lotus is hysterical, I always get a good laugh.

They will never hold a a candle to rF2 60's.

For one both make you feel your are driving a 1960's car in 2014, even though the tracks are Historic versions they just do not feel like it.
    They are too crisp, too clean, no dirty ambience.

iRacing I think it is the best model of the lot, real GPL 2 stuff that is right there.

Problem is I doubt it will ever have a full season where as with rF2 you can hope.

That is why rF2 is the best 1960s simulation.

A lot of people like to refer to rF2 as cartoon graphics , same as they did with GPL when comparing to EA F1.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I would love to read a thread, that doesn't turn into a pissing contest!

AC does it's thing... ISI does their thing... the endless comparisons... haven't you guys worked it out? Never goes anywhere!

Not sure if this is an internet wide problem or not but the self entitlement tone I read in posts here are sickening.

I wonder how you all would react if someone came to your place of work and told you how to do your job, what you are doing wrong and what you should be doing instead.

5. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Yeah, ive noticed the sense of entitlement has gone way up around the net lately, its disappointing really that people focus on the negative way too much.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think I have a dead horse in storage. Would you like it? :)

Do you have your own flogger?

And no, I don't think it's solely a sim racing thing, but it certainly does seem more prevalent in gaming than anywhere else on the 'net.

7. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Comparisons make even less sense when you're trying to compare Sims that are very much unfinished and improving with each update .

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

People seem to take ownership of things waaaaay too quickly, and that sort of investment leads to all sorts of emotions and forum wars. As far as I know no sim released actively disables other sims, so you can freely have them all installed and enjoy the good parts of each.

Sports fans tend to show similar tendencies (guess you'd have to elect football [what most of the world calls football, otherwise known as soccer] as the most obvious example) where they become so obsessed with their team there can be even deadly clashes because of matches that are taking place; if you take a step back you have to ask yourself, "Hang on... why are you risking your safety? It's a game!"

Another example closer to topic - computer upgrades. How many people upgrade their whole PC or (especially these days) get an expensive new graphics card, and brag about it? Is it really something to brag about? So you got a new card... if I really wanted to I could probably manage to get the same one, then what? Going to go buy the next one so you're 'better' than me? Tell you what... you go and personally design and manufacture a kickass graphics card, then I'll be impressed...

Anyway, as you say Woodee - these developers have their plans, and they largely stick to them. They aren't sitting there taking notes on what other devs are doing, or chalking up points when they feel they're leading a particular area. The whole competition thing comes from people who seem to think they somehow have part ownership of their favourite sim, and act like they're partly responsible for it.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

Best bet is to miss a few builds, read these forums to check which direction rf2 is heading then decide if rf2 is worth installing again. ( this is what I do when the lack of progress of rf2 becomes frustrating )

I do hope things turn positive in the future but I guess some REAL progress needs to made first

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, concentrate on whatever suits your needs best. The league I'm in has been running rF2 league races for 18 months, certainly hasn't been trouble free but overall rF2 still provides the best platform for our racing. If something better comes along we could well move to that, or do some of both. Who knows.

11. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Good post Lazza

( damn fat finggered typing)

12. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Well if they pay me for doing my work, I would feel that I should at least listen what they have to say. Other thing is if I take any actions based on that. Actually I am currently in such situation and I feel that it is important to connect with possible future customers, even when not any amount of money is transferred. Sometimes the customers will point out if there is things that should be done differently, something you never even thought of. So I don't think your point is completely valid.

And no, posting stuff at forums is not the same than physically visiting a company and pointing fingers at people.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Johannes, we aren't paying ISI to do work. We elect to buy their product, as it is at the time of purchase. Any expectations you have regarding how it'll be in future are just that - your expectations. In this particular case ISI has detailed some very exciting future plans (the weather being the obvious one, with sunlight affecting tarmac temperature at different points around the track for example, and wind) but they haven't made any promises (or even guesses) about when they'll happen.

If ISI decided tomorrow to actually stop development, but keep the online services running so we can play online, as far as I know none of us could turn around and demand our money back. We're still able to use the product we paid for.

Too often people think paying for the use of a product gives them a say in what happens to that product. It doesn't.

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

+1

If we buy ISI's products then it means we are their fans. Fans are there to enjoy the game and help with development of the product via their feedback. Buying a product doesn't make anyone a shareholder. Just like buying a bag of Lay's crisps doesn't make you partial owner of the company with some say on the ways of doing things in the company.

So by paying ISI I'm showing them that I'm enjoying their product and I'm their fan. Nothing more, nothing less. Helping them with bugs reporting is only one's choice. I made mine and I share my findings whenever I can.

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This is correct, it's not the same. I also doubt though many would say some of the things face to face that they say in emails and on forums.

16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Finaly some people who seem to understand what is going on. I will look forward to every new build, not expecting anything just wonder what they have done. I do consider to stop reading this forum because in my humble opinion there is way to much negativity in here. I think it's good to report bugs and we all know there are a few but hey don't think ISI doesn't know this after reading few of out reports. Lets enjoy what we have right now, don't you like it....stop whining and move on to something you do like.

One more thing, if you all where called for example Tim Wheatley and you did read this about your company and work which is obviously your passion, do you think you would hold on?? I have got respect for the ISI crew for keep reading and filtering what realy does matter in here because it would have made me sick a long time ago...

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx +1

18. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

When companies sell an unfinished product (call it Demo, Beta, in Development, Early acess, whatever) they need to be prepared for this fórum flood of dissapointment.
    I dont think this fórum is so full of crap about RF2. I think in the overall ISI can look at this fórum and easilly reach the conclusion on what needs to be done.
    Negative critics on a product are also important on company side. If we all get here and say things (like on some italian forums) like WOW THE BEST IN THE WORLD, probably ISI would do nothing and sit back and listen to some Lionel Richie song....

RF2 at actual stage is the only one providing specific features you all wont get in any product. The problem is that many of them are not finished.

I guess its time for all to have a nice and clean RF2, solve all the stupid bugs around (they are not that much) specially the race bugs (leave graphic ones for later), have some colaboration between ISI and mooders so we can have top notch contents and we´re ready to go.
    RF2 is and will be our league choice for the future, thats a fact.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm amazed people dont get that game comparisons happen, I mean it's been happening since the fabled DOOM vs Duke3D days where either side would trash the other and proudly stand behind their game as though God created it him or herself! I'm seeing the exact same here and on the AC forums where one small mention of the other sim and someone will pop up and defend their baby, it's really nothing new and will happen for AC3 vs RF5 in years to come I can tell ya!
    As for the negativity that's been there too, I remember people blasting into EPIC GAMES when Unreal first came out and just look where they are now, one of the biggets powerhouses on the planet when it comes to graphical engine..eerr..stuff!

As for RF2 I think it's more born from a frustration of having a potentially Brilliant product but one that is let down in certain areas devoted to that particular user, pure example sake we have a brilliant Real Road System.....load the game up and the UI is simply outdated and poor and that frustrates people that one area can be so good and another so bad, as does the list of features RF2 has to offer that are not finished and have no end in sight of being finished...that leads to peoples impressions that the development is slow. Couple all that with the reletively new "Constant Development" phrase and people just dont understand what that means, they either get it and happily follow the progress of the game (AC & RF2 both in this) or they expect a finished game from the start that is then built upon - it's those people that get all tetchy and wonder why development is taking so long as they're used to games being release Finished from the Start!

20. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

A gigantic, whopping, full-fat +1 for that post, Eddy.