[REL] Easy Icon Creator Showroom

Discussion in 'Other' started by redapg, Sep 16, 2020.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Within the Mod, no. :)
    I always would recommend to use "Crop", to get the biggest possible Size of the Car in the UI.

doddynco likes this.
  2. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Ok so the Brabham is the longest car and that will set the scale? All the cars will be scaled equally by using crop?

3. redapg

redapg Registered

I did make a "Thinking Error" (sorry @RoWo :))
    Crop removes all not colored Pixels around of the Car, outside of the Square, that gets defined by the colored Pixels and then it gets resized to the proper Icon Sizes.
    So every Car + Shadow, fills the Icon in the biggest possible Way and as @RoWo has said, the relative Size Differences, between different Cars, get lost in that Way.

RoWo and doddynco like this.
  4. svictor

svictor Registered

doddynco and Mauro like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Progress but no success. I followed your directions and now have the menu list of all the included S397 DLC shown when I choose a car. But there are no images of the cars, just a background and text. When I choose one of the cars and click on TUNING, the screen tuning screen appears but no car. Further, the two custom skins I'm trying to get icons for, are not listed on the menu. I have the folders for each car (which work and are driveable in the game) in the moddev\vehilclesPorsche_991RSR_GTE_2017 folder. I've placed them next to and then later inside the 3.11 folder. They did not appear as a menu choice.

6. svictor

svictor Registered

See this thread(the last few posts) for solution;
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/install-encrypted-cars-in-devmode.70748/#post-1100811

davehenrie likes this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

Did you exactly do what i had written?
    Did you also put the gen File, that i have uploaded in THIS Post into the Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017 Folder in the DevMode?
    If yes, the Cars should appear in the Showroom.
    And BTW the Icons from the main Game don't work in DevMode and if you want to add new Skins, to make Screenshots of them to create the Icons, you'll have to do some more Things.
    If you want, you can upload the Skins and i will create a DevMode Package that you can select and show them in the DevMode.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I did NOT move the mas files out of the version folders. Once I did that, I could see the original cars in the tuning screen. Still the Flying Dragon cars remain elusive. I'm not worried about the devmod menus, since as you can tell I don't use it much, just the actual game icons I'll zip up those two folders for you.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

All the original cars disply in the moddev Easy Icon Showroom, but not the two Flying Dragon cars. I've zipped them up. One other note, despite changing the screen save feature to 3 to save in the .png format, I still get screen captures saved as jpg. Not a problem as irfanview can convert them to .png, just something else to note.
    Here are the two cars I've been trying to create icons for.

https://file.io/dfPfUCBakoKs

10. redapg

redapg Registered

I get the Message: The transfer you requested has been deleted
    Please upload it again.

And with the Format of the Screenshot, ensure that you have set the Value to 3 in the player.JSON in the Folder
    ..\rFactor 2\ModDev\UserData\player
    and not in the Folder
    ..\rFactor 2\UserData\player

IrfanView or other Painting Programs can convert jpg to png, but you always have a Background in the Picture.
    With setting the Value to 3, you get a png without any Background, if you follow the Instructions from the Easy Icon Creator Showroom "Manual". ;)

davehenrie likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

12. redapg

redapg Registered

It's the same again: The transfer you requested has been deleted. :D
    I would suggest that you send me the Links by a private Conversation. ;)

13. bastoner97

bastoner97 Registered

Am I the only one whose showroom doesn't work? I can see it at all, neither in normal nor in ModDev Mode.

14. redapg

redapg Registered

Do you talk about the Easy Icon Creator Showroom?
    If yes, there is no Version for the "normal" Game, only for the DevMode.
    And can you please show a Screenshot, of the Content of your Folder: ..\rFactor 2\ModDev\Showroom

15. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Any idea why my icon is so small compared to the covered car?
    Great tool by the way, makes it easy.

Attached Files:

16. redapg

redapg Registered

What exactly did you do, to create the Icons and can you please upload the Showroom Screenshot, with that you did create the Icons and the whole Set of Icons that you use for one Car?
    And did you create them with my online Tool?

Petethepawn likes this.
  17. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks for replying.
    I used the new RC 1133 which now has a sideview screenshot see below:
    • Added Sideview UI showroom for taking screenshots of cars for icons.
    I enter the showroom - press 1 to get the black transparent and then press F12 to save the screenshot (png). I then use your online tool to create all the icons and add to the mas - which work but seem to be wrong resolution.

18. redapg

redapg Registered

As said, can you please upload the Screenshot, that you did upload to my Tool and also all generated Icon Files, of 1 Car.
    If i have all these Files, i should be able to tell you what went wrong. ;)

19. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

@redapg Peter is having issues with his internet and asked me to post this on his behalf.

Attached Files:

Petethepawn likes this.
  20. redapg

redapg Registered

Thank you for Uploading. :)
    @Petethepawn Before you make the Screenshot, zoom to the Car in, to get the biggest possible Size (including the Shadow).
    I don't have the RC installed, but normally, zooming in and out in the Showroom, should still work with the right Mousebutton pressed and moving the Mouse backwards/forwards.
    The Screenshot (i guess it is the DJR66SYD_AU14.PNG) has a Size of 1920 x 1080, but the Car uses a Size of 969 x 350 only, the Rest is empty Space.
    And because the Car uses only the half of the available Size, the Car appears so small on all Icons.
    You could also use the "Crop" Option of my Tool, to get rid of the empty Space, but i would recommend to make a Screenshot with the Car at it's maximal Size in the Showroom, to get the best Quality of the Icons.

Petethepawn likes this.