[REL] Easy Icon Creator Showroom

Discussion in 'Other' started by redapg, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks so much for that, I will take your advice and try it - thanks so much.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just tried the side showroom on the RC and it did not respond to any mouse moves/drags/clicks. It wouldn't rotate, which makes sense, but it also would not zoom in or out.

Art_Pereira likes this.
  3. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Same as Dave happened here.

4. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I had that happen where I couldn't zoom in or out and when I searched for a solution, I found setting "miscellaneous" to 1 in the player.json file fixed it.

Mauro and Art_Pereira like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

@davehenrie and @Art_Pereira As i have said, i don't use the RC and so i could not try it out.
    But if the Solution from @Bill Worrel works, it should be solved. ;)
    What is a bit strange, is, that it isn't set in that Way as default, because you must be able to zoom in and out in the Showroom, to get the best View for a Screenshot, that shall be used for the Icons, there.

Corti likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Changing Misc. did the trick. How very weird how that line controls mouse inputs. @Bill Worrel , how did you discover that edit?

Art_Pereira likes this.
  7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Google search

Art_Pereira and davehenrie like this.
  8. Tilen7

Tilen7 Registered

Hi everybody! Another noob that can't figure out how to make icons here:oops:

A client asked me to make some liveries, preview icons included. I'm trying to figure out how to make them and now I'm stuck on the "missing car" in showroom. I followed the steps below for the cars, in my case Ferrari 488 GTE & Ligier LMP3, until step 3.

I also tried to make it work following the guide below, but the .scn file doesn't appear or am I too slow, also don't know how to start the text file with Powershell (no option in right click).

Also, after fixing this problem somehow with your help, I don't really understand how to add the liveries I would like to make icons for.

If any good soul here can help me I will be very grateful. To not overload this thread, you can also contact me on discord @HorvatRacer7#0619 or instagram @thrdesigns.

Thank you in advance!

Regards
    Tilen

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think you can now use the SIDE showroom in the regular game. Just make sure you edit the player.json file to use .png format before you try for a screenshot. Zoom in as much as possible too!

memoNo1 likes this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

There are Threads about it in this Forum already, didn't you try to google it? Google Search
    Or didn't you find something helpful for you there?
    Check also this Official Guide.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  11. Tilen7

Tilen7 Registered

I wasn't aware that it's possible to use this showroom also in the regular game since all messages here were regarding Dev Mode. I'll try!

I know how to add them in the regular game, in Dev Mode unluckily not. But if I can make everything in the regular game, then I think there's no problem.

Thanks for the help!

12. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@Tilen7 its a new feature introduced in last update. So no need to use moddev to make screenshot with no backgrounds. Just remember to look in game screenshot folder and not steam screenshot folder.

Tilen7 likes this.
  13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

how to zoom in / zoom out?

14. redapg

redapg Registered

Same as in DevMode, click and hold the right Mouse Button and move the Mouse forwards and backwards.
    But it didn't work in the main Game 1 or 2 Weeks ago and i don't know if it was fixed already.

buzz hornet and Mauro like this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

@Bill Worrel found this. You have to edit your player.json file first. Then the image will zoom using the mouse while holding the buttons.
    Don't forget to press 1 so you have the full black background. Here is Bill's fix:
    I had that happen where I couldn't zoom in or out and when I searched for a solution, I found setting "miscellaneous" to 1 in the player.json file fixed it.

buzz hornet, Bill Worrel and Mauro like this.
  16. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Seems such a random thing - but it works.

17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Works very well!
    Thx for the infos fellas!

18. Ravioli

Ravioli Registered

Despite having told the game that screenshots should be taken in PNG format in player.json, it just seems to ignore me and still save them in JPG format. "Regular" mode for reference, not Dev mode. Does anyone know how to fix that?

19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Open player json with note+, press strg + f and type png.
    Then change to nr3 for png.
    Open rF2 and the side showroom, press 1 to darken the background and press f12.
    Done

20. Ravioli

Ravioli Registered

Well yes, like I said, I changed that value already for the game to save screenshots in PNG format. But it seems to ignore me and still save the screenshots in JPG format.. Anyway, I'll check again just to be sure..