[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yes, I just got that, confirmed the version number and the tracklandmarks.json file was present. Tried a version of Brands Indy and Racefacter Spa 2013. Haven't heard anything yet other than sector 1, 2, or 3. I'll get back after it later. Family is over for dinner the Mrs doesn't like me hiding in here. :) Thanks for the help so far.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

double checked everything, I have the proper version, I do, however, have two sound entries in the appdata folders.
    one is .... appdata/local/crewchiefv4 and the other has another layer, appdata/local/Britton_IT_LTD/CrewChiefV4.
    I haven't heard any local corner names yet, the rest of the program is working as it should. Best lap times are correct during a race but incorrect in practice. You'd best send me that track name tool, I've tried Spa 2013, Imola, Brands Indy & GP and Bathurst

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

one of those entries is for the sound files, the other is for the app's settings.

I've not done much RF2 work on this new functionality - I've been testing mainly for R3E, AC and PCars. But I did initially wire up (and test) the new stuff for the RF2 version of Silverstone National - might be worth testing with that?

I know Vytautas has been getting some RF2 track landmarks data to enable this new functionality for more RF2 tracks - this will be included soon :)

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well the practice fastest lap timings are reported correctly at both Silverstone National and Silverstone GT(the F1 layout) So that seems to be working. just no corner names announced yet. I'll keep trying as time allows.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you are looking for more tracks to use corner names, Road America is one that has a-lot of named Corners
    Also the bridges that cross over and even at least one tunnel have names. Hopefully the link to a track map will show all.

6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

@davehenrie here's the monitor program I mentioned: http://www.mediafire.com/file/oqs490gig2o8wt0/rf2smmp_monitor_1.1.0.0.zip

Here's suggested workflow for capturing track data:
    * in Monitor app, click Light Mode
    * Start rf2 in window, possibly in low res (800x600) Have monitor app in a background.
    * Start a practice where your car is the only one
    * Use AI to drive around the track. You may also use time acceleration if you need to.
    * As soon as you reach point of interest, click on monitor app, that will automatically pause the game. Or, pause game, whichever is easier. Take a note of mLapDist(player) value. For each area of interest we need two values: begin/end distance. When deciding where begin/end is, i am thinking what I will find helpful for CC to announce.
    * Wikipedia contains info on tracks/corner names/corner numbers.

No need to produce json, just send me Track Name (as shown in the app) and list triplets:
    name
    begin distance
    end distance

With this technique, I was able to map Hockenheim in 10 minutes (3 laps)

It is nice to have you onboard. That's how open games become better, we step in and do something.

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

To get the best results, the begin-distance should be taken at your typical turn-in point and the end-distance taken at the point where your wheels are pretty much straight-ahead. For some corners this is easy and very clear, but I appreciate that for other corners it's no so well defined - in those cases just use your judgement :)

This is all pretty new so might change, but at the moment we're only interested in corners

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well this is never easy. I placed the mmp_monitor file inside the crewchief folder. OPened it, had to fight with my AVG virus program but got it running via administrator mode. I launched rf2, chose a car and Road America v1.42. (there are at least three versions of Road America)
    Ran some AI laps and the monitor displayed lap times, deltas etc. But nowhere could I find the name of the track nor the mLapDist(player) value. Tried both regular and lite the monitor was working keeping track of the laps and sector times, just no distance values and no track name. I'll try a default rf2 track and see if that works..

We are getting into the weeds of the project so I'll move further discussions over to the Crew Chief forums.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I just checked and this outdated version :( sorry about that. Part of WIP testing ...
    I will upload correct version tonight, or if you want you can PM with your email, I'll send you new version that way.

10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

New version 4.6.3.0 is out, adds a lot of goodies from mr_belowski and crew :)

New plugin is needed:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9qt8t93zbud7o2j/rf2smmp_1.1.0.1.zip
    rF2 specific changes:
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?18-Release-History&p=487&viewfull=1#post487
    Known issues:
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?5-Known-Issues-Backlog&p=33#post33

Special thanks go to @Alex72, @bravotangosix and @davehenrie for beta testing. Also, Dave collected Road America and VIR track corner data, enjoy! :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Alex72, Ernie, davehenrie and 5 others like this.
  11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

For track makers, what info would you need to add the tracks to program? Just the distance for each corner?

12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

13. GEEDOGG04

GEEDOGG04 Registered

Hey Guys great app. Can I add names to the my name section in the app? If so how.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

did I miss the link to the new version????

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Just launch the beast, it is self updating :)

Alex72 likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

OH, WELL...I knew that.... I guess lol

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  17. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

I clicked in "remind me later"... But I want update now. Can I force the update now?

18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

there's download section on thecrewchief.org, you should be able to trigger dl that way.

19. GEEDOGG04

GEEDOGG04 Registered

I tried to download this zip filehttp://crewchief.isnais.de/Personalisations.zip for personalisation and nothing happens. I also do not know how to change my Folder options to show hidden files and folders. Please Help Thanks

20. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Don't worry about zip, this zip is no longer needed. Personalizations are integrated (just click to download them). Hidden files - in Windows Explorer alt+v, Hidden Items :)