[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Could you add Jerry, too, the next time your updating names?

thanks

2. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Appreciate you please add Stephen as well. Since it might appear that a flood of requests is about to begin, perhaps functionality to allow the player to write in their own name would be useful?

Crew chief seems great so far! Thanks for creating a useful tool.

3. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Considering that each name is recorded individually by an actual person, this request might be very unlikely

4. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Badly worded on my part. Perhaps functionality to allow the player to "record" in their own name would be useful?

bravotangosix likes this.
  5. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

Please add "Mikk", thx much,

greetings Mikk

6. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I think these may be known issues, but I did notice some lap/sector time comments were not correct. What was also strange were continuous warnings of overheating brakes, even with brake ducts wide open. Does crewchief reflect individual car HDv data? Just wondering? Sharing to support improvement.

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hello @smbrm,

I am aware of problem with Sector times and lap gap being incorrect in practice/qualification and I am working to fix this. I am not aware of lap times reported incorrectly in race, although they are rounded to tenths. Also note, that in race sector gaps are coming from looking at past 3 opponent lap/sector times, to get an idea of how is player's pace compared to the current overall pace. But, lap times should be exactly correct, if they're not, it's a bug. Please share more details on what do you observe.

We do not read .hdv information. CC supports custom variables to be set per vehicle class (see carClassData.json in CC installation folder). Brake temperature ranges are not overridable right now, but we could expose it in a future if that will help.

What series/car is that?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  8. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Thanks for the reply.

It was probably sector times vs. Lap times.

Car involving brake temps was enduracers LMP2. The question about hdv related to reading brake temp info to reflect the vehicle in use. CF brakes will need different warnings than steel rotor cars.

Getting cold brake warnings when lapping an oval is also a bit unusual when you don't use brakes.

9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Can you clarify, I am not sure what do you mean by this: It was probably sector times vs. Lap times. Is it in Race session?
    Ok I just had a quick check and LMP use Carbon in our class data .json file. When you start a race, check which class your vehicle is assigned in CC window. It might be that you default to Iron brake (UNKNOWN) class and hence the problem.

Cold brake messages for ovals is great input, we need to expose brake temperature ranges, and you will be able to define class for NASCAR, and set low temp threshold to very low :) I'll add this on a todo list for release after next.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

CERTAIN oval tracks require brakes, and you need those suckers to get down to pitlane speeds. If possible, you could assign brake temps to report ONLY when requested by the driver. I just got my microphone properly connected so I'm in the LEARNING phase. I'll probably be back with more questions.

11. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

There's nothing stopping you from doing this right now. Record in audacity, apply some filters to distort it a bit, save it as a wav, create a directory in personalisations and choose that in the CC startup screen. You're not going to be able to match the sound and accent of Mr. B, but you can already do all of this yourself.You could re-record everything and replace the existing wav files with your own recordings. There's also the setting to use a different sound file from the stock one provided, so you could do everything in there and never have to worry about overwriting the originals. It would be a lot of work and it means you'd be spending time in the studio rather than on the track. But in the long run, you end up with a customized adventure.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have the Steam version of rF2.. What should be in the two boxes to start the application? The launch exe and launch parameters?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2 ?

13. smbrm

smbrm Registered

One thing that surprised me was that if you choose a directory other than default, the auto update automatically updates to a new installation in the default drive rather than updating in the alternate location. Just means you have to manually redirect updates as well as the original installation? I guess I wasn't 't expecting that.

Still Iiking so far.

14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

no need to faff with those settings @davehenrie - they're only there if you want Crew Chief to launch the game for you. I just launch and start Crew Chief, then start the game afterwards.
    @smbrm if you're using an alternative sound pack location directory, the auto-updater may not have write access to that folder so when it unpacks a soundpack update it will put it in the 'standard' sound pack location (AppData/local/....). This isn't ideal but it's the intended behaviour. It also stops your potentially customised sound pack being modified by the autoupdater. Or have I misunderstood?

Oh, and there are a lot of fixes in the upcoming version which opens up some functionality which never triggered before, and there's some very very cool new stuff (at least, I think it's very cool). Still some testing and tweaking to do, along with some more bug fixes, but it's all looking very exciting :D

emha76, jerrymcc and K9VING like this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I am making my learning experience doubly hard, I'm both getting aclimated with your plugin AND Voice Attack at the same time. You'd be surprised how hard it is to A) concentrate on drivng while speaking, & B) remembering all the dang possible voice commands.
    What I have been trying to accomplish is having the mic hot for CC when I press my right wheel button and then silent when I press it again. Then for the left button that activates VA until I press the left button again. VA seems to tolerate this well, but CC wants to reply even when I think I have it set not to listen.
    So here is a request...Can you find a way to overlay a red light somewhere on the screen so I can know I've got CC active and listening?
    And then blinking out when I press the button again to tell CC I'm done talking. Best make the color a choice so color blind people or other utils don't get confused.

16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Dave, that's possible (at least now, in DX9 world, not sure about DX11). But my current priority is basic rF2 stuff. CC has bunch of great features that don't work in rF2, but they can work with some work. Currently, I would especially appreciate inputs on a) timings, b) European flag rules (we'll get to North American next, IF Stock Car Plugin workings are visible through internals model). And, anything else broken you guys can spot.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Dear rF2 players,
    We added a lot of new features to CC, and would like your feedback on the beta. See Jim's post here for details if you'd like to help:
    Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

The awesome work Jim did for corner data has data for RaceRfactor Spa and Tommy78 Hockenheim DTM/GP. If you would like to contribute data for your favorite tracks, let me know.

Specifically for rF2, also pay attention to timings/gap announcements, and keep your eyes (and ears) wide open for general nonsense (or greatness), because I made a lot of changes and enabled rF1/AMS functionality into rF2 spotter. I'll add exact changelist at the release, but please let us know what issues you hit.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm having trouble finding the sound file location. V4 is installed and running but I can't find any appdata/local data folders. Win10x64 This sounds familiar, I'm sure I used them for other games like Lotr. hmmmm

added info. The log screen {Que Monitor?}shows I have an out of date rfactor shared memory plugin. I have v1.0.0.1 and the beta version is asking for 1.1.0.1. google cannot find this.
    Tried to assign a key to the Print Track & position info but CC would not accept an input. The box said it was waiting for a key to be pressed, but did not recognize when I did press a key.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  19. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

@The Iron Wolf
    All is going well with CC but could you please advise what the attached pic is about?
    o_O
    crewchief.JPG

btw this is v4.6.1.5

20. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

It looks like your not using the latest shared memory plugin? Some updates require this to either get the most out of CC or just to make it work at all.

The Iron Wolf likes this.