[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Goanna

Goanna Registered

2. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

bravotangosix and Goanna like this.
  3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Is there a way to just turn off the spotter part of the crew chief? I don't really want the "car left, still there" type messages.

Also is there a way to only call out gaps that are about 2 seconds or more?

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Yes, bind a key or button and enable / disable spotter. You can also set the spotter to be disabled in the properties screen, and can use a voice command - "don't spot" to switch it off

5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Regarding gaps, not sure - iirc there's a 'frequency of car close reports' or something like that, which can be dropped - this controls how often you get reports when you're within a second or so. But there isn't anything to do specifically what you want

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

thank you

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Dave,
    There's matching plugin inside of Crew Chief installation folder, you can always take matching version from there. In the future, we might add automated setup for all the games.

BTW, Jim just packaged our "Release Candidate", feedback is appreciated. Check trackLandmarks.json file in the install directory, it contains track corner data, but needs rF2 track names added for more tracks.

http://crewchief.isnais.de/update_sound_pack_108.zip
    http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.6.2.8.msi

bravotangosix likes this.
  8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

A: Most often: c:\Users\[your_login_name]\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\ Note: it can be on different drive than c:, in fact even different path. Check USERPROFILE environment variable. Also, IIRC AppData is hidden, need to enable show hidden files.
    I started FAQ for CC:
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?28-F-A-Q

bravotangosix likes this.
  9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

AppData is hidden by default - change your Folder options to show hidden files and folders

davehenrie and bravotangosix like this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

thanks Mr B. That did the trick!

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ok, I guess we need a clear list of what tracks are customized. I got the beta working after help here, but other than the normal CrewChief functions, no special corner messages were spoken. I was using the racerfactor track with a Spanish title screen. (GP de Belcia) 2013 v1.53

I did hear the new trackside sfx and the interface did show 2 extra sound files., up from 1170 to 1172.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I specifically added strings for Race Rfactor Spa and Tommy 78 Hockenheim DTM/GP layouts (Spa you are using should work, unless authors changed track name). The way mapping works is through rf2trackName field in trackLandmarksData.json located in CC install location . Likely, other tracks Jim collected might work as well, (if track length matches roughly) . I can provide you with a tool that will allow easily see track name and length if you want, it will be helpful if someone could send me rF2 track names to add to json. I'll add them when I get some time.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

BTW, where did you download 1.53 track from?

14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Just found a way to get track names quickly without loading them, will map some of them.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

probably drivingItalia.net or the actual site internationalsimracing.com it is part of the F1 track pack. I saw a-lot of jaggies similar to early releases of COTA which might not have bothered me as much but NOLA kind of spoils you. There are comments about the jaggies but that went back several versions and apparently hasn't been addressed yet.

16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hockenheim has this issue. Supposedly, it can be fixed with 3dsimed, but don't know how. Spa doesn't look too bad to me. BTW, SGSSAA helps with jaggies.

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

BTW, as far as I know corner/overtaking messages are subtle. They need yellow flag situation and vehicle moving very slow, which not happening all the time. I did not get to drive this version yet, but I did a quick check in debugger, corner data loads fine for RR Spa. So we're looking forward for feedback on this functionality in real race situations.

18. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

I think the implementation for Raceroom, AC and pcars actually works better here even though it's a hack. So i need to rethink the approach a bit for rf2 and AMS.

Vytautas - if you get track location data I'll add the corner name recordings. I'm happy to use the generic names (turn1, the chicane etc) but where a corner has a fairly well known name let's use it

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well I don't have a trackLandmarksData.json, at least not one that I can find. I did see the various corner folders in the sounds. So I must have installed an improper version. I'll double check-- current version is 4.6.2.6

20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

You want 4.6.2.8