Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor Registered

Round five of the Renault Clio FKR Cup held at Lime Rock Park....please enjoy.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

A nicer lap to watch with a human being driving this time through the fast blind turns of salem valley. :)

The lap is not very fast but it is recorded with higher res and gives a better impression of the track. The track is already available at 3rd party section.

I already detected a bug regarding the car getting caught by the orange reflectors of the guardrails which has been corrected (1.25) but not uploaded to the database. I prefer waiting to see if more bugs appear rather than uploading too many versions. I will try to improve AI speed through the fast turns which is really poor atm. Hopefully I will get autocalibrate working in dev mode.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

3. eduardorpavin

eduardorpavin Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

5 turnarounds after colliding with the kerb

5. Takumi

Takumi Registered

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

My friend Hybodo and I have decided HDR makes or breaks how rF2 looks so we took it upon ourselves to learn how to adjust it to better everyone's experience.

This is the story of our first team session... and almost guaranteed last session.. Why ISI does everything hurt to use.. By the time you build the folder structure and extract all the mas files you are exhausted and then you get in the devmode and this happens for 45 minutes.

--video removed--

User friendly this is not.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
  7. F1lover

F1lover Registered

www.F1-sim-racer.co.uk

8. TJones

TJones Registered

Ah, great news!
    I really enjoyed your mods for rF1, it's good to see you continue with rF2 !

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

would be cool to see a 1991 787b real v rf2

11. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I've seen a lot of rF2 vs Real Life videos, not so much rF2 vs rF2. Well, time to show some graphical development, how the looks of the game have changed since the release. I made a video 3 days after rF2 went Beta, and haven't touched the car or the track since. Haven't been playing to much either, but decided to fire it up again. Same computer, same settings, same car, same track and same time of the day, and I was in for a surprise, it have really really changed!
    And I do know, and agree, that physics are the most important, but I thought it was funny to see the changes in lightning, and how much more... crisp, everything looked. Well, just see for yourself! This might be a good show-off to the ones that thought rF2 would never look any different from the early builds! :) Enjoy!

So, is this a hotlap? Trailer? Hot-Trailer? Comparison? idk! :)

12. F1lover

F1lover Registered

www.f1-sim-racer.co.uk

13. ADRIANF1esp

ADRIANF1esp Registered

Video of my series "Real Camera Effect" in which I've applied some filters to have a tonality and lens effect realistic, all as though were captured from a camera in this position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFqIbhu7h_4

14. Miro

Miro Registered

Sick, good job!
    I was like WTH? :D

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Very nice AdrianF1.

:cool:

16. Tony

Tony Registered

Great comparison Myrvold! enjoyed your vid & yea it has improved a lot, I used to witter on to the dev guys constantly about it looking too grey, so seeing that old vid was interesting

But tell me - how did you know where you were driving? :D

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Spa really hasn't changed at all, and it pretty old tech now. Glad you think it's changed a lot, but I certainly don't feel it from the vid. :)

18. Tony

Tony Registered

Yea - it's not the track per se Tim, as it could apply to any ISI track - it's what's been done over time to the graphics - the contrast, the reflections, the textures & such :)

19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Textures havent changed either, its the exact same assets as before, but shaders do better work now, but the HDR is the biggest difference, it does a lot

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

No sorry, that video is not fair :p You are comparing the same track and same car that has not changed very much (except one update). Lighting has improved, but the most noticable is the HDR of course, and in this case it looks terrible. HDR doesn't really work good in the dark. The road is completely black while objects receive light. And HDR came not many builds after b49, so this video could easily be mistaken for build ~100 or something. You could have chosen a different time of day, when the HDR looks much better. But it's still an very old track and car.

But I'm not saying that rF2 has not changed, because it really has. It is the content (car and tracks) quality that has really been improved over time so maybe you should do a video comparing the old content (spa+eve) with new content (loch drummond/mores/silverstone+any new car).