Christmas tree for drag racing

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by mrnitro, Oct 30, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'd heard of it. :) It's not falling on deaf ears, it's just not been tackled. I've actually had people put together lists of what they'd NEED to build mods, etc, for me, and we have those lists safe. It's just simply not the focus, not for any disparaging reason, just the fact that we aren't in a position with circuit racing to switch to something else in this way. You'll notice oval racing hasn't had a look in, either.

2. Takacs

Takacs Registered

Man it would be so awesome to get a tree. It would make the game that much for fun and realistic. I am sure if we got a tree we would attract more members.

Thanks.

3. StripeHOG

StripeHOG Registered

I must say the same as many others IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME LOL they will I'm sure back in the NHRA Main Event days we would have 1000 people racing at the same time on there server, and the physics and the feel of this game blow Main Event out of the water.... Please Give us a Christmas tree for christmas :)

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I like how the drag community is going for this :)

Gotta say, never drag raced myself apart from some console game back in the days but I sure would be interested in trying it and it sounds like good fun.
    Also would give us all something else to be playing around with, the more the better? And Hog is probably right, you build it and peeps will use it.

So +1 from a noob :)

5. Gui Schauer

Gui Schauer Registered

Pre Stage, Stage and foul. All working in practice plz!!!
    I have a more drag style launch control: View attachment 10869 How to use the Launch Control in Practice? If it's not possible, add the possibility.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

does the drag racing community know that Assetto Corsa will have drag racing in it?

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

It does? Damn...

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep, currently unavailable but will be added at some point, it's there in game just unclickable....like it's teasing you!

9. StripeHOG

StripeHOG Registered

never heard of Assetto Corsa I assume its a road racing game also?

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you can use google ya know...

11. papaosa

papaosa Registered

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE Can we have a tree, As everybody knows! starting lights are an essential part of any form of motorsport, and Dragfactor is not complete without them.

Some feedback from ISI admin would be greatly appreciated on this matter...Please answer our calls!

Paps

12. freew67

freew67 Registered

Tim did, post #61 (top of this page). :)

13. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

no, havent heard that, frankly i havent taken a great deal of notice or interest in AC, mainly because its just another game with the same type of cars, Porsche, bmw, ferrari, etc etc. i wanted something different thats why i put DragFactor together. we have all our cars built, tracks are done and ready to go, focus now is on getting more cars, tracks and classes into it, so to move to AC would mean starting from scratch, ive put close to 7-8 years into this so i'm in no hurry to move to another platform. if we are gonna do that then why not move to RF2. at least we have some idea how it works.

ive heard AC is going to be modable but not to what extent that will be. its being released in dribs & drabs, hell.......you even have to pay for the beta version. at least in rfactor you got 60 mins to make up your mind.

no, i think i'll be staying right here for the time being, myself and a few other people have invested quite a lot of time to get this far and bring this type of game (re-Drag Racing) to the sim community, we are proud of what we've achieved to date and want to see it get better on 'this' platform.

14. FISH

FISH Registered

And you have every reason to be proud Angus, you guys have created a FANTASTIC Drag Racing Mod, The best ive seen, I am stuck for the long haul its that good, ISI all we need is the tree to make this Mod PERFECT, I realize its not at the top of your list, but hell, its a Tree and then we be outa your hair...so to speak... anyway yall have a wonderfull holiday, im goin Drag Racin..............Peace

15. playtimeee

playtimeee Registered

We realllllly need this

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that's fair enough, I was just asking if you've seen that AC will have it not demanding you use it!
    FYI when rf2 was in beta you had to pay for it too no different there, likewise new content is being released in dribs and drabs so again no different to AC.
    Also unless ISI include drag racing in the next patch then there's a good chance AC will get there first...there's even rumours it could be included in tomorrows patch...which would be nice :)

17. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I really wonder if it is proper drag racing with real staging and christmas tree lights. Or just a 400m point2point race with two cars and standing start :p

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah I've wondered the same, my guess is that it would unfortunatley be the latter, but we'll see soon enough.

19. WB_Strip

WB_Strip Registered

was going to buy the game for the drag racing but with no working tree not worth it when they get that will get it

Lanny

20. jinxjx

jinxjx Registered

I agree, we need a working tree. I've had rfactor for 3 yrs now and the only reason i reinstalled it is because of DragFactor. This is the best drag racing i've ever seen for the PC. With a working tree, it will be perfect. With a working tree, ISI would sell more rfactor License. Angus94 and his crew has done an outstanding job with this mod and outstanding is an understatement! With a working tree, at least i will look good losing....................Jinx