Christmas tree for drag racing

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by mrnitro, Oct 30, 2013.

1. TheSnoopster

TheSnoopster Registered

I will have to agree with the others, this mod does need a tree. This would beef up the fun in this awesome game! And also make room for more competition classes in the future with a functional Christmas Tree and a Timing system. Please look into this and help a die hard drag racing fan get back to having fun online!! Thanks!!! :D

2. rml64

rml64 Registered

Actually, it has been around since December 2011. We had thousands of people download the mod and then not give it a chance because there is no tree. There have been 100's more who did not download it, simply because there is no Christmas tree.
    I know you guys are busy with RF2, and I know circuit racing is the meat and potatoes of rfactor, I have had rfactor 2 beta since it came out also, personally I love all sorts of racing. That being said since we seem to have got someone's attention. Is there a possibility we could get permission and a little help to try and use one of our proto type's in rf1? As has been said we could and would be happy to contribute money to isi to help get this done even for rf1. We want to start adapting our mod to rf2 soon but it would be nice to have the tree in rf1 for the time being. This is our website where the download is http://www.dragfactor.net/ We also have a facebook page. Our numbers look low atm I suppose, but as I said there were thousands at one time, the lack of a proper tree keeps driving people away.

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I always don't get ISI's approach. While completely ignoring stock car racing and drag racing, they are completely ignoring US marketplace (two most popular forms of motorsports in US).

4. freew67

freew67 Registered

I know all about the Drag Factor as I have helped with the mod a tiny tiny bit in the past with both cars and tracks. Hence the smiley face. lol One of my tracks is in the track pack. Im glad you got my point about Palm Beach with your comment, "we seem to have got someone's attention." ISI has a track ready to go once they get around to playing with the tree/timing/etc. As Johannes has pointed out, there is a lack of oval/drag anything for rF2. Granted ISI has announced http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-indy-500-licensed So it does at least seem other forums of racing are starting to work their way in. Baby steps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3JPa2mvSQ4

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Absolutely would add to realism. I haven't raced with you fellas yet but the tree would most likely change that for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Montrose

Montrose Registered

Definately need a working tree. Only way to properly start a drag race acurately

7. brock2080

brock2080 Registered

I my self have been playing dragfactor since 2011 and have thought that the game is amazing but is missing the Christmas tree.. it would make the game so much more realistic than it already is we go by running on the game clock and its difficult to figure out red lights or perfect lights.. im willing to chip in if it costs anything to get a Christmas tree that works in dragfactor because it will add to the amazing realism of this game. please help us out.

8. Dion Aaron Cavallo

Dion Aaron Cavallo Registered

The realism that this game brings is amazing. the quality of cars, the tracks. its truly amazing. people from all around the globe play this game and this includes real drag racers. they use this game to practice on there skills. but some dont stay because there is a lack of a tree. with no tree you cant see what your reaction time is, which makes people not play this game. this game would get hundreds of people play this game if it had a tree. i know my father would be on this game 24/7 trying to make his reaction time better for real racing. please consider this. it will be 100% better for this game and you would get a fare share on how many people will be buying rfactor. i am willing to help you by paying if i need to. thanks!

9. Nino Cavallo

Nino Cavallo Registered

This game is amazing, but the only thing that this game lacks is a working christmas tree. Once pro stock is out, i will be using this game as a way to practice my skills. So in the months that i dont race, i can still practice on my lights. my shift points. it will be greatly appreciated if you could add a tree to this mod.
    thanks Nino

10. Red_Barron2589

Red_Barron2589 Registered

As everybody has already posted above a tree for DragFactor would be amazing you would not just get a couple more people buying rFactor you would get thousands of people buying it around the world, Drag racers, fans, or even just people that want to try it. To tell you the truth I have played the mod since the first beta and have absolutely loved every minute of it but as playing the game goes on it does get frustrating not having a tree that can be used properly and just by adding a tree will add so much more realism and isn't Sim racing all about realism anyway.
    Red

11. MattyOConnor

MattyOConnor Registered

me being a drag racer my self along with my dad i know that this game is just about as close to the real deal as you could get but when racing and your staging theres a lot of tension and mind tricks played and that is the only thing that is missing from this game. please really consider this request so we can have proper drag races with lots of staging duels and great reaction times so that the already great mod can be even greater.

12. ken hutchinson

ken hutchinson Registered

tree

yes i vote yes

13. ferret40

ferret40 Registered

It certainly needs a Tree to finish off all the hard work that's been done.

14. funnycar521

funnycar521 Registered

this mod does need a tree. I drag race in nz for real and feel that a drag racing game need this to make it more real to people.
    And the guy have been working really hard to make this game what it is.

15. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Waiting for answer on tree and i will buy rf1.

16. Quarter Pounder

Quarter Pounder Registered

I must say, a Christmas Tree is a definite must for this exceptional game, I do not understand the issue with implementing a very important part of Drag Racing.... QP

17. wescampbell1983

wescampbell1983 Registered

it would be an amazing integral part of dragfactor if we had a actual operating Christmas tree and timing system that recorded our reaction times it is a missing key factor no pun intended for drag factor please help us achieve this goal would really make things complete and bring in a huge crowd to race thank you for all of your consideration and everything that you do for us!!!!!!!

18. lukev891

lukev891 Registered

I have been playing this game for just under a year now , and i have to say, this is the Best and most realistic Drag racing game i have ever played and no other drag racing game even comes close to the realism and detail in this game. Even the NHRA games look like N64 graphics compared to dragfactor. The only thing that this game is missing is a christmas tree, It would make racing so much better and closer and also would get rid of False starts that can be hard to call.

Thanks
    Luke Fenech

19. V8SOL_JASON

V8SOL_JASON Registered

i am a long term rfactor racer,a drag racer and i was also a beta tester for dragfactor, but stopped playing mainly due to inconsistent racing due to the lack of a working xmas tree. The game physics , graphic and game play are second to none, so come on ISI help out and make us a xmas tree , and i,m sure many more ppl with start racing again

20. FISH

FISH Registered

Maybe its just me but, If I had an integral part of a successful functioning body that was lacking a key element I would make it a point to make that area complete.... but maybe its just me. :confused: