Christmas tree for drag racing

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by mrnitro, Oct 30, 2013.

1. mrnitro

mrnitro Registered

Hi guys

i work with the crew at DragFactor

our only downfall id no working Christmas tree.....we have around 700 followers....and around 30 that race regularly....due to no working Christmas tree only

if we could get a Christmas tree (set of starting lights) coded, that are usable in the practice sessions we would be the biggest mod in rfactor bar none..

we need a Christmas tree...you cant start races without one...i have a prototype from rf1, but it is not viewed at the same time for everyone on the server

if it can be viewed at the same time, problem solved......im sure it will benefit isi as much as it would Dragfactor due to the increased revenue it would make.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a christmas tree.....

all we need is

the lights to count down to green bulbs

possible the ability to show if someone has launched before the green light (we do have a system for this if it isnt possible)

but definately the lights

even if we could get the race start lights coded into practice this would work

thanks heaps

i will ask our followers to comment to show our commitment

if i can pay cash dollars to make this happen, let me know

MrNitro

2. KyleChrist

KyleChrist Registered

I will chip in if it means getting a tree, thats the biggest thing we are missing, it would be amazing to get one! It would bring WAY more realism to DragFactor.

3. rml64

rml64 Registered

Like MrNiro said we have actually had more followers but the lack of a proper starting system is killing us. The dedicated ones and the ones hopeful for getting a tree would defiantly put up donations. Our cars, Tracks, and physics are far better then anything out there imo, the mod was even featured in a racing simulator in Australia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p26mUtFC7lw The footage of our mod isn't in this video....I have some somewhere, but it is mentioned in the chat.

4. ryan.kerchevall

ryan.kerchevall Registered

I cannot stress how much we need a tree, and if it is possible in anyway to get a tree in the game, i'm willing to help make it happen! Nobody works harder than the group of guys we got at DragFactor, doing everything possible to make the mod more realistic to drag racing without the tree. But it just doesn't feel right without a tree Thanks guys.

5. KyleChrist

KyleChrist Registered

6. FISH

FISH Registered

With the addition of the Christmas tree this Mod would explode in popularity, an Incredible Mod already but definately needs the main ingredient for a Drag Race...Drag On!! View attachment 10592 View attachment 10592

7. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

This mod needs a christmas tree desperately, it would add so much to the game, as it is now.....the palms of your hands get sweaty as you move up to the line to stage your car, you wait for the starter to give you the go ahead to race......the adrenalin is pumping so much. adding a christmas tree will definitely add so much more immersion to the game.

please consider coding a tree for rf1, even if we do have to pay for it. it will have spin-off benefits for rfactor 1 and 2, it'll make people more aware of what both versions of rfactor have to offer.

i have already been asked by Tim Wheatley i think it was, to provide as much data and info as i could regarding staging beams, christmas tree setup, how the system works and a lot more, but ive never heard anything back.

thanks for reading

8. Tom Bushby

Tom Bushby Registered

with the tree it will add to the excitement of the start line, we could have staging duels to make it so much more realistic then it already is. Red lights so we can actually tell if they have fouled or not. it would be absolutely amazing.

9. Ronald Pritchett Jr.

Ronald Pritchett Jr. Registered

Please add starting line tree !

This is one feature needed for this mod to progress into what is already an amazing sim. I am new to DragFactor but I am from a very large group of online Drag Racers that have been looking for the one DragRacing sim to fix that itch. I feel rFactor and this Mod is the sim for us....the PC world and online Drag racing community need this sim to live....help us with a Tree please.

Thank you,
    Ron

10. Jeff Sickles

Jeff Sickles Registered

Please help us!
    Absolutely THE most important part of drag racing is the starting tree. If you are not a fan of the sport you may not understand. This "tree" is the tool to stage the drivers, tell them when to go, and who left before
    it was time. (red light) it also allows for a reaction time, the time it take the driver to react to the light going green.
    What would it take for y'all to try and help us out. I cant speak for anybody but myself, but I know I would donate ca$h money for any type of help. I would even pay monthly for this feature. others have stated
    and I will reiterate, this mod will explode like an atomic bomb in popularity. in fact, when they are having any kind of race going on, there are more ppl in their server than 99% of the other servers you see.
    the one exception is the circle track racing, that also is quite popular. ok, I will beg if that's what it would take for your help with this matter lol.

Thank you
    Jeff

11. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

12. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I will also voice for proper drag racing starting lights.

13. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

I am a Drag Racer at heart! I have been kicking around the idea of getting Drag Factor. I raced regularly on ev, but got bored of it. Is it worth the cash to pick Drag Factor up?

14. Charles Silver

Charles Silver Registered

The tree is not simply an extra thing but a required part of drag racing and therefore necessary for DragFactor to be a drag racing simulator. It would benefit this game because there is nothing like getting the edge on the other guy off the line but when you can't be sure if it was a red light or a perfect tree it sucks. The working tree is something that would bring in new drivers to hands down the best drag racing sim that will ever be.

15. Charles Silver

Charles Silver Registered

Definitely. I have only been racing about 3 months and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Almost every piece of the real thing is there except for the tree for now and it is like I have stated before the best drag racing sim there will ever be.

16. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

I don't have rf1 and from what i was told, you need it for drag factor?

17. mrnitro

mrnitro Registered

Yes only for RF1 ATM............RF2 is in the planning right Angus94? if we can get support to help show a win/win situation a boost in 3-400 sales of rf2 will surely raise some eyebrows...even if its as simple as a prototype tree....one i can move around the tracks when modelling them...we just need it coded.....this mod would BURST AT THE SEAMS given a chance

18. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

Yes Mr.Nitro, exactly as you say

Nhra racer, please note..........the money you pay to get DragFactor is the amount required to purchase rFactor, DragFactor is infact FREE. it installs to the root directory of your c:/drive, NOT the traditional location of c:/Program Files/rFactor. We want people to keep DragFactor away from other rFactor mods, so they get a full appreciation of the drag racing experience, as best that we can provide.

19. Auscar-

Auscar- Registered

After playing DragFactor for just a few weeks I was hooked , the car models and track detail is incredible and shows what rFactor , Angus and Mr nitro are capable of. The only thing that seems to let it down is the lack of a proper working tree. If it had a functional tree it would be bar none the best example of a Drag Racing Sim and would be a credit to not only Angus and Mr nitro but all at ISI .. I think that if it is only the hours of coding that is holding back the idea of a working tree ,then maybe we could raise the funds to pay for the hours of coding required .. For the sanity of the Admins running the events it would take the street racing factor out and complete what is an awesome sim ..

20. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Thanks. PM sent.