Assetto corsa ,,,,

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kek700, Sep 30, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Haha that's ok no worries, I never get why people who don't play AC are the ones mainly posting in this thread :p

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Better to copy real life than other games.... I mean, all these sims are supposed to simulating real life are they not?

If you copy someone else, then you are behind... innovate by making things unique.

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Copying a simulation of real life to make a simulation of real life ?? There is no spoon :p

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Missed my point but ok then, quite obvious RF2 can be improved upon in certain areas where other Sims have excelled, no harm in trying to do and then improve upon that, every other game genre does it, why shouldn't the sim racing genre?

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If everyone did things the same way, things would be BOOOOORRRRIIIING :)

I wasn't quoting you in my previous post btw ;)

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lol p

This shot here tells it all for me.

Just look at that ambiance lovely, looks stunning. !@!

http://www.nogripracing.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=172567&page=1

AC and pCars sort of get lost in the background with kinda all over murky look.
    In rF2 the objects that should stand out more do.
    Like the 2 Hondas I can see depth in the light around them .............hard to explain.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2015
  7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Nice picture that DD

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

so you wasting your breath.

Seems no one took Tim's advice year back and put me on ignore lists after all.

But I did. loool p

----------

Tuttle why don't you go and tell RD and their fanboys not to post bs like this in another sims articles.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ozv8-mod-to-no-longer-be-made-for-stock-car-extreme.111846/

Beta !
    What a hide. lol

9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Yes indeed but ISI don't need to lurk competitors when it comes to physics, AIs, FFB and dynamic things. That's 90% of a sim goal.

Believe me I'm not biased at all...but when you say "other Sims have excelled" I really struggle to focus on these "other"... unless you don't mean visuals, postfx and shaders...which is not SIM related. The only one I can think is iRacing when it comes to MP but that's a completely different business model/product/service.... so, again, comparisons like that are useless.

Graphics and eyecandy are just something on top of that and btw it's not something you need to copy from someone else. It's just a matter of updating codes, using modern libraries and shaders etc.. Everything it's a matter of product choices and priorities.

I'm not saying anything against the concept to grow... but I really think you need to target your own goal if you want your product to be unique.

10. Tuttle

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

DurgeDriven, are you telling me that all it took was Tuttle to say:
    ...to get you to change from AC/rF2 physics comparison to graphics comparison?!?
    Tuttle why couldn't you have said that two years ago!? :confused: :(

murky look!?
    ...it must be those beer bottle bottoms you got for glasses.
    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5800/21434849163_8cb4e38077_k.jpg
    https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8608/16648383570_961d0ba651_h.jpg
    http://www.image-share.com/upload/3055/55.jpg

In other news, since you are now banned by Lord Kunos himself, does this mean that rF2 is again the king of the hill msportdan?
    Praise ISI/rF2, play for a week, get bored, criticize ISI/rF2, jump to AC, rinse and repeat, back to rF2... classic.
    It's all about which camp you talk to that decides for you what you like that week... oh who am I kidding, what ever floats your boat man. :rolleyes:

And if people are so bloody keen to talk about Assetto Corsa around here, why not just talk about it, rather than just give the same three years old bs speech.

On a general note:
    Most of these dodos running the tally on which game has what, and who supports the most realistic endeavour to replicate a motor vehicle, have totally missed the point of sim racing.
    It actually is (believe it or not) to Race in a Simulated Virtual Enviroment. If you are trying to rekindle or create an actual racing career by sitting behind a computer screen arquing about games, you are doing it Wrong!!

Finally, couple sentences about the actual original topic. :rolleyes:
    AC 1.3. Very nice and interesting update.
    Loving the new cars, especially the Gt40. Can't really describe the driving feel with anything exhaustive yet, but the tyre model just took some steroids, and lap after lap the whole thing feels mesmerizing.
    AI @100% kicked my ass, literally they were kicking the car, but I figured it's better to drive with them, than be run over by them, and after some adjustment to the percentage, AI racing was smooth as butter... while still some of them mofo's crazy (I learned that from my wife, she from States :eek:) dive bombing me without a working spotter.
    All in all, great fun!

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

At least they included AC with it this time ! lol

Seriously .......

I know I must sound stupid people don't get what I mean, I can't relate what I see.

The ambiance those Hondas they stand out more, they have a real solid look to them.

In other sims ambiance seems like a veil covers the screen, it looks nice but it does not distinct between light and dark objects or surface reflection from different materials.

Somehow the lighting system breathes life, I dunno....... :( lol

[​IMG]

Same as clouds I be the first to say ISI clouds are not the best but in the sky they really overlap you can sense the depth and breadth.

When you come up over rise at Longford you get this feeling you are so tiny under this huge sky. lol

When I look at a head-on shot of AC sky I see "Rex" lovely cloud patterns but no mass to it ( done a lot miles in ORBX/REX . for mine it has that flat 2D feeling as well )
    http://www.rexsimulations.com/texturedirectsc.html

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Lighting and all that it entails, is very good and looks realistic in rF2, I really like the ambiance you're talking about DD, and the immersion that comes with it.
    rF2 graphics engine is at it's best from the cockpit.

14. Tuttle

That's mainly because the absence of heavy post effects on top of the image and through the Z buffer and because the different graphic engine. About clouds AC is behind us in terms of weather enviro as we are behind pCARS. No secrets here. :)

gMotor has many limits but I do agree it has a more solid and crispy & dry look, which has pros and cons btw... this engine needs to extract more "power" from assets quality (tricount/resolution/details/shader settings) because you can't hide things with fat Post FX pipelines. Every asset rendered by actual gMotor is raw, bare and naked. We could say gMotor is more like a naked eye than a sensor+lens+lens aberration+movie effects. Not talking about shader power, just talking about raw output and histograms. :)

BTW, I do like PostFx when they are realistic and applied just to replay and/or photo mode...which means when they try to simulate a lens depth of field, where the boke is a consequence of a basic math, instead just a ton of blur behind subjects. I really dislike when these effects are overdone, making shots looking like tilt&shift pictures...or like macro shots of micro machines.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

This is exactly why I always keep refining the PP.ini for AC without any of the aberration, DoF, After Image, Ghost, etc... not only does it save the precious frames per second, but also gives no bs, sharp, "naked eye" image.
    I have another "just for fun" PP.ini for the occational replay with the TV experience, but that's all I use it for.

16. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Firstly Golanv I will ignore your commet about me jumping form sim to sim , because how much it does frustrate me and I'm forever questioning each of these sims.. Your rights its annoying lol.. I'm trying to be better by sticking with a sim and riding it out. Theres just too muchchoice for me and OCD that's a badthing!

Secondly regarding rf2s visuals, there is one effect I would like to see, and that is a DOF blur very slightly in the distance, si things don't looks so sharp. and I think that's all rf2 needs.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I guess it can depend on what cars you drive as well, open cockpit especially Historics where your view is less impeded.

I have a feeling the knowledge that rF2 is expansive/ free roam is in my subconscious as well.

Spare a thought for me , I use NO HDR, mainly because of Historic content and a bit for performance.

But Cop chases at Longford / Night I always run it no matter the hit.

Night is the same, can't put my finger on it I use Longford again only because it conveys the feeling so well.

While it is a fantastic track it is not on the same " eye candy" level so many people here talk about to distinguish other sims.

Would Longford look better in pCars ? probably .........would it drive better ? not in a 1,000,000 years. p

I get so wound up in the Longford ambiance, I honestly feel the cold, where say PCars in Lotus @ Cadwell in thunderstorm, I don't feel anything, it just looks great....

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I agree 101% with your RD / SCe/ V8 fiasco comment mate.

lopl ;)

Tim would never let 'dis happen. p

P.S. I agree with you on that DOF thingie for rF3/DXxx ................

19. Golanv

Golanv Registered

That is the whole point!!! You don't have to choose one over the other and "ride it out", play what you play, comment what you comment, but it doesn't have to be a jump from communist party to democrat party, a sex change operation, or any other ridiculous pun, everytime you feel something is off in a game.
    When you hit the immovable object, go around it and play one of the other games you might enjoy, you don't have to make an exit with a bang everytime.

20. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I do love the Longford in rF2, and the AC conversion with historic cars in each.
    I do not use the HDR either, I did spend 12 hours piddling with rF2, reshader, sweetfx and everything else that I could come up with, and I always returned to the default for the frames, and was actually very pleased with the looks of it as well. I just can affort to lose too many frames to eye candy with 770 GTX @5760x1080.
    I am one of those folks who have no need for polished looks, but I do appreciate the realistic look, which to me comes more from the lighting rather than if there is a lonely pixel looking for another.
    Besides, rF2 benefits nicely from CSAA from nVidia inspector in that regard, so I'm golden.