Assetto corsa ,,,,

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kek700, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Kek700

Kek700 Registered

I run Rfactor2 sim, I find the Force feedback very good and the physic's are also very good; Same with Project cars , but to a lesser degree.
    Both these sim gives me a physiologic feeling of connection to the front tyres and to a lesser extent the rear tyres.
    What I mean is that if I overdo a corner entry I have a feeling of slowing and hanging on to the car ready for it to let go. A feeling that is like real life of focusing on the the front and rear tyres ( hope I have explained myself correctly )
    I obviously realise with a sim you are missing out on some very important bits of information,
    Cost,
    Physical injury,
    Senses of motion.
    But that said, I find both the above sims very realistic considering.
    This a long winded way of coming to this point:-
    I have run Assetto Corsa for some 7 months and just cannot get away from a very floating experience with this sim and virtually no connection to the front tyres.
    I have even modified the circuits I drive on , and although it will stick better it still has a floaty feeling. Although I must say from my point of view there are some very good points to this game.

Is it me!

( Or do I need some sort of adjustment to make GT3 cars feel as good as they should do. )

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Strange to ask this in rFactor2 forum....:confused:

philmcqueen likes this.
  3. dylbie

dylbie Registered

What wheel are you using?

I only ask this as I use a G25. My opinion is: rF2 is the class leader for FFB, physics and handling. The amount of detail I get mid corner allows me to push the limits of the car and drive much faster. Added to the advanced tyre model, it is without doubt the best handing sim at the moment. AC is good, BUT only feels as good as rF1 with RealFeel. You get lots of feedback, but it lacks what rF2 has. Project Cars doesn't actually feel like driving a car at all. It's ok when you drive slowly, but when I try to push to find the limit the car feels unresponsive and unrealistic. I get hardly any feel mid-corner, it's difficult to feel the tyres starting to lose grip, and once it's gone there is little chance to regain control. I find I'm faster if I drive with 'ham-fists' and make very clumsy deliberate corrections, usually the complete opposite of what I'd do in rF2. I have no feeling of connection to the front or rear axle in Project Cars, or any connection to anything else for that matter.

The strange thing is, other people who I race with rant and rave about how good Project Cars and AC is. So I'm beginning to think that it's my wheel which is my problem. The only thing with that theory is: why can rF2 (and rF1) feel so good with my G25?

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

ok then......
    I doubt that it has something to do with the wheel, or the FFB that the wheel produces.
    You can even with no FFB at all, easely tell that pcars is like you discribed, because of the feel that you have through visual feedback alone.
    Same goes for AC. I dont own but been driven a few hours at a friend with G27. FFB there is a wonky mess, artificially imposed on a physics-model that is a big bug in itself. (version before last update)
    My 2 Euros on that.

5. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

AC is good enough ... the driving is convincing enough. Online is pretty entertaining for the most part.

Project Cars is not good ... its ok if you take it for what it is ... its a game ... like Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo. Its just good for some quick pop-in fun races but not much else. It is quite pretty but that is all. The driving can be very frustrating as it doesn't really convince me that I'm in a car. Some of the cars are better than others. But that seems to be true throughout racing games and sims. The problem with pCars is that the cars that are not so good are really bad.

6. Kek700

Kek700 Registered

Interesting comments, I obviously was not going to ask this question in the AC forum, and generally speaking rfactor 2 is a good forum to ask advise in.

I have quite a reasonable setup i7 PC , triple screens and Fanatec CSW stuff.

It seems different people get different things from a sim, I find project cars to be pretty good especially GT3 cars ( not all of them )

The statement about rf1 and AC I agree with, but AC to me seems like a washed out version. Like it has been aimed at road cars and not cars with sticky slick tyres.

I am going to dump one of my sims, and I just wondered what other people thought on the subject. It may be something in my setup although I have tried most things. AC does have some very good points but not enough compared with rfactor2 and Pcars.

Reading all your comments on Pcars , I get what you are all saying I just don't always agree with the perceived degree of opinion.
    So i must assume it is my personal thought and I cannot use other people's perceptions of a sim to answer my question.

Rfacror2 is still the best but I could not say that on a AC forum.

7. Maug

Maug Registered

Tu n'es pas le seul ne t'inquiète pas. J'ai cette sensation de flottement aussi.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  8. Kek700

Kek700 Registered

Cheers,
    thought it was just my own weird sense of reality.

I do run Nordschleife tourist circuit in all three sim's and do pretty similar times in all three.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah right Pete , it is a normal place to talk about F1 conspiracy and drivers have passed away.

Like why does Tim bother to make a REAL RACING forum. p

Get used to it !

rF2 is simply better, you are feeling this through your butt cheeks. lool

It is not in your head, it is not placebo, it tangable not floaty. ;)

Acually floaty is not a bad description , AC and pCars yeah I feel like I am on one of those security blankets you used to suck your thumb with. lol

hehehe jk jk

EGT / URD physics leave a bit to be desired as yet. ( if that what you meant by GT )

These series will need chassis and tyre work to get there.

Still head and shoulders above anything else.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  10. Kek700

Kek700 Registered

Yes i like EGT Series of GT3 cars.
    I particularly like the latest Nissan GTR 1.6 release.

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Choose whichever sim suits you best... no one else's opinion matter but your own.

BlkJello likes this.
  12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Goes without saying or most things I say must sound really condescending. hehehe ;)

Saying rF2 is head and shoulders above the rest or it is night and day is nothing more then a figure of speech.

He asked if what he feels between AC and rF2 is tangible or is it in his head.

My opinion is it is tangible, nothing more. ;)

13. FauxPo

FauxPo Registered

Back on Earth....

Dom Duhan (Manager of Team Redline) talking about Max Verstappen:

"He has AC - and many of our team do, in fact we are big fans of AC's physics overall - the on track feeling is fantastic."

For the record he said they drive "iRacing, AC and rF2".

14. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
  15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Maybe a matter of taste and setup. Like I said, it was an older build, but common: cars arent rolling down the hill?? Seriously?
    And I will not retract the FFB-comment. Its artificial and feels like all canned!
    Heard sometimes of sources I have faith in, that physics on the edge can be good though,- well, ive had really not that impression when I tested it.
    But that might be a "feeling"-thing. For me the whole feeling and feedback that this game gives me, makes absolutely no sense!
    I really dont know what the game want to tell me.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I like to roll back the years.

I remember listening to people waffle on about the other 2 sims on release, ie: V1.0 .................... how ISI was a WIP , never finished.

Now 3 years later here we are and people complain that they both have flawed physics, tyres , Ai among other things..........these 2 sims that were rated so perfect and made rF2 a WIP !@!@!

Okay then..........

Go.........try Build 60 with Historics I dare ya. !@!
    HDR brilliant (Back then all Historics looked nice )
    Feels brilliant
    Drives brilliant
    Onlined brilliant
    Ai races brilliant

Now go try V1.00 of pCars and AC ( how ? ....I dunno download it I guess , roll eyes ) maybe reality would bite you in the butt. hehehe

lol p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
  17. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i personally dont think AC is as bad as some of you make out, it has a good feel driving a car. Sometimes i feel its better than rf2 in some areas. Just because its going to console doesnt mean its arcade. I dont think theres much in all these sim these days anyway. They are all pretty realistic as far as a pc game goes.

theres a few people (no names mentioned) that belittle ac physics engine and when torn to bits shows flaws in its data. but im even sure rf2 has issues thats in its engine too, but ay we keep quite about them dont we!\

Fanboyism at its peak here

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Problem is they are not equal in every ones eyes, not even in the same ways, from driver to driver.

You just have to learn to accept others beliefs no matter what yours are.

If someone thinks AC looks and feels better I have no issue with that, why do you. ;)

19. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i agree but its the "ones we dont speak of" that go to every sim forum and spread their BS about other sims, that get s me.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I agree they all good, for me it's like Tiger Woods 2008 ? wot ? lol , yes it's dated, not the best physics or visuals but I still like a flog :p now and then (.... that's golf spelled backwards btw ) lol

Okay okay I tell the truth, I still need the trophy ball for a albatross ( 3 under ) damm albatrosess $%#%. hehehe.

My point being, either way ......after 9 holes I had enough and wish I never booted it up. ;)

Don't listen to me mate, I just embellish the truth for impact. p

Anything to pull in a few more peeps for ISI, even if their intent is to prove me wrong, more then not they will end up liking it.

lol :)

I still waiting to hear back from David ( Wright) and his thoughts on the Cobra and Atlanta in the "up to date demo" has changed his views any.