Assetto corsa ,,,,

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Kek700, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Minibull

Minibull Member

Mm, my driving simulator :)

Edit:Time to bail methinks...:rolleyes:

2. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Pretty much nailed it Minibull.

A few years ago, car and bike forums were a good place to get information from experts and/or mechanics. These days forums are filled with opinions of people who 'mostly' don't know their stuff.

AC in my 'opinion' is a lot better than Project CARS, which lacks so many features and has strange or dumbed down handling which makes for some very unrealistic behaviour. AC feels good to me, well some cars anyway (try the Alfa GTA at Nords) but it still lacks the features to make it a usable sim, as Steve points out.

Project CARS is for people who like racing games, using an XBox controller, and like their games to look amazing so they can show off to their mates... In my opinion.

AC is for guys who are probably a bit more serious, maybe 50/50 play with controller/wheel, also like their games to look good, perhaps more into hotlapping, casual racing, drifting online with mates. My opinion again.

rF2 is for the serious, hard core driver who likes to simulate a full race weekend properly, have full control over adjusting pretty much anything. 99% of racers will use a decent wheel, and enjoy how the game feels, handles, and enjoys the detailed feedback and depth of the physics engine. Graphics doesn't matter to these people as much as they are rewarded instead by what comes through the wheel. Again, my opinion.

My Dad has made a good observation recently: "The world is full of idiots. The internet now gives them a voice." With that in mind you can ignore all of my above post as it's only an idiots opinion :)

3. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I like your dad!

4. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Lol I knew someone would quote that bit! Just to clarify I edited it quickly as I was implying that I am an idiot with an opinion, as opposed to everyone else! :)

5. QUF

QUF Registered

But that's because you're having the stereotype that in AC people only drift and play public mp, and hotlap offline. However there are plenty of racing leagues with weekly race events (practice, qualify, race). And that's it, at its core, racing against other drivers. And in leagues everyone uses a wheel. Everyone as in without accounting for punctual exceptions. Yea it may not simulate false starts, put car in gear before start, or safety car, and so on. It doesn't simulate any specific racing series with their rules and features, like for example nascar, or adac, dtm, blancpain, f1. It just has the cars from those series, and then is people racing against people in a racing simulator. So it is not f1 simulator, blancpain simulator, nascar simulator. Despite not having advanced-specific features some people want, league racing in AC is as hard/realistic/competitive as in rf2 or any other sim game.

6. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

There's leagues for any racing games, even Mario Kart.

7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Ac definitly deserves more respect imo. Even if it isnt to rf2s fidelity to motorsport, its still a good alternative. Saying that even RRe, gsce and iracing are all good alternatives.

8. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I'm not knocking AC. I tried the Alfa GTA at the laser scanned Nords and had a lot of fun. It did feel more like a track day though, instead of a race weekend. Where is the warm-up session? It's the little things like that which bug me, and a few others it seems. They have a lot of potential, but just seem to have focused on the wrong areas. This is fine though, as it's obviously making them more money.

I think each sim has it's own uses, and it's own niche customer. For me it's rF2. Nothing is close to it at the moment... "in my opinion" :)

One selling point of AC was the laserscanned Nords, but I have that in rF2 now so there's not much that entice me to use it anymore.

9. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Listen to this:
    https://youtu.be/Yqo_SDyWuqM?t=52s
    He is implying that it's a GT/Forza like for PC, it's the "fans" that misunderstood the goal of the game. Maybe the only mistake kunos did, was advertising it as "the most realistic simulator" on PC, you could say that on console like GT did, not on PC.

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

After a little more time my opinion is that AC's biggest issue of inability to naturally rotate the vehicle has been solved or at least is greatly improved. AC is nowhere near rF2 in feel especially information coming through wheel, though. Additionally, on power wheel spin is dramatically under-represented. Cars that should be able to cook the rears in second gear and even third can barely achieve wheel spin in second during a turn even on a slow track. That is a very objective and measureable and comparable thing. Has anyone responded to that issue?

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I'm sure if such issue would exist, there would be reponses as well.

Considering how much easier AC is to figure out than rF2, I just find it plain 'ol odd that there is so many people that play rF2 and cannot get AC to work for them.

12. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

As for me, it felt (last time, months ago) like there's only one rear wheel, like if the differential setting had no effect.

13. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

One of the thing that make me stick with rF2 is that theyre connected to the guys who doing it for the F1 teams. So they know what theyre doing.

Instead of being curious while driving abt the physics or wutnot, I just trust the engine and concentrate more on nailing that apex!

While doing other titles, I will question everything abt my drive. Why, who are the devs, is this suppose to be like this bla2.

With ISI behind the title, i have zero worry abt the drive. In fact, driving-wise, Im a happy guy since the BETA day one, driving the brabham in classic monaco because it was a total new dimension compared to rf1 that ive been driving for 5 years prior to that.
    And i couldnt believe that others are talking about how the trees are pixelated....AND THEY CALL THEMSELVES RACERS! looking at trees!????
    Seriouslyy???

Ive learned to just ignore simcade boys bashings on rf2 coz their opinion means nothing. Only ISI team's opinion matters to me.

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

bit of a neive look on sims most sims have had input from race drivers etc, RRe gsce. iracing... not sure about ac vo lol! ISI not perfect either as they have made mistakes, but ay we all learn from our mistakes nuthin wrong with that!

15. Nazirull Safry Paijo

No doubt abt race drivers inputs. It good marketing points for the devs to go hoo haa abt it.

But to translate the race drivers input into sim is a different thing. And ISI has a major advantage and experience in that and thats why they are the best in the business now bar none.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

All sims are far, overall, from real-life. They (sims) are only good/bad relative to eachother. Compared to real-life, most sims have their own particular areas of vehicle behaviour and vehicle behaviour moments/situations which are quite close to real-life. As a whole though - particulars aside - they're all mediocre because they all fall apart in different vehicle behaviour areas and moments/situations of each sim's engine.

The vehicle behaviour in some sims may not be as "hardcore" and "fidelic" - and in that sense isn't as detailed and dynamic to drive - as others but may still exhibit more true-to-reality vehicle behaviour in certain areas and moments/situations. But it works the other way too; the vehicle behaviour in some sims fall apart in certain areas and moments/situations but during others they almost take your breath away with their fidelity and "rawness".

In short, it works both ways. All sims have areas of vehicle dynamics and kinematics that are, both, quite close to real life, and a joke from real life (this can sometimes make things easier and more simplified than real life, more difficult than real life, or neither but rather just wrong).

Play what you like. The top few sims all have great vehicle behaviour qualities but also screwed-up ones. So, add-up the frustrating/unrealistic/bad vehicle behaviour areas/moments with the breath-taking/realistic/great ones to decide which one/s you like best.

17. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Done. It's rF2 :)

18. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

All sims...even the $10m one I fix and fly everyday for a living, compromise on some minor detail.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why would it surprise you, those nobs call it dated the very first video released.

As a racer the only opinion should matter is what your bum tells you.

rF2 no 2 laps are ever the same.

As for ambiance what looks better then Longford at 8am ? You can feel it.

ProjectCars initial rush of ambiance is great but after a few laps for mine its contrived.

AC ambiance feels engineered, it has no life or soul. p

Lovely fog and clouds in AC remind me of REX in FSX it looks great but it has no depth no sense of being looks artifical

20. Nazirull Safry Paijo

I know rite!!!

Hes my vid when the BETA was released....I was having the time of my sim life! Great FFB, Great physics...the car was alive!!1 (still is and more)

But now u see the mass are more excited abt improved rain graphics!!! blasphemy!!!
    Every time u see ppl post abt rf2 u will see one or two goons asking 'WHERE ARE THE STOCK CARS!!??'
    Now the stock cars are out they are asking "WHERE ARE RAIN ON THE WINDSCREENSSS!!??'

I used to answer these ppl and try to give them correct information abt wuts going on and stuff...but they never listen! so i have a biiggggg long ignore list to these kinna crap i see everytime rf2 is the topic.