A Belgian country drive - rFactor 2 WIP video

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Its just the UI and base code for things like FFB, the render engine, etc you have to get right now and in updates. (I so want a utilitarian thumbnail UI option)

I would settle for rF2 Lite with 1 car and 1 track. The rest could completely come from the community and I wouldn't have to worry about the quality as long as tutorials for using all the new features of the engine were explained correctly for the modders.

2. Lutz G

Lutz G Registered

Thanks for this great historic track! Just because of old spa I'll get rF2 (and registered at ISI-Forums ;))!

IMO the Eau Rouge section is for the first time (unlike GP Legends) pretty accurate

I wonder if the building is included where Jackie Stewart had his big one back in 66. He ended up down in the drop to the right on the right hand part of the Masta Ess/kink having lost it on entry to the left hander.

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/26292.html

Dunno if the virtual track is that accurate - so I have to ask you rFactor guys ;)

Here's a reality check of the "Stewart corner":

rFactor2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohSJGipTO-I#t=1m52s

RL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tby3sEiTU8Y#t=2m50s

Looks awesome! So perhaps Sir Jackie crashed into the building on the right hand?

Lutz

3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Registered

looks excellent, cant wait to go for a run on it :)

4. Willie

Willie Registered

We want more!!!

5. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Take a look at this vid, a lot of interesting places and details not usually seen, like the houses after the masda kink, and the lights at night (hope you do this for a 24h of SPA with the HistorX mod... ;) ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETEWBstktU0

6. rDavides

rDavides Registered

the flag of the eagle is the flag of the Franco dictatorship in Spain, a very dark period for many people in our country ', I personally hope that ISI staff not change the current flag would offend many people, I do not want to see it in rfactor 2 .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francoist_Spain

7. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

To be honest, I had already made the change according to asmodeo's post. We'll give it some thought :) ...
    It is a valid and very reasonable point.

8. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Nonsense! Being a dark period or not, its the flag our country had then. Its historically correct. I would be more annoyed for an historically incorrect detail.

As if a war documentary could bother someone because it shows a nazi flag. That's utterly ridiculous!

9. rDavides

rDavides Registered

10. asmodeo

asmodeo Registered

It´s my country too and hide the history is not the solution.

But after read rDavides message I looked for other videos and it seems that the most accurate version is the flag without eagle:

[​IMG]

Image from Spa 24 hours 1971 (minute 1:20)

And problem solved :)

11. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Agreed. Everyone happy! :)

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If that was what the developers did, then the devs would only encounter 1 car and 1 tracks worth of improvements or issues. The first time a modder tried to do something outside the box would be met with problems the devs had never encountered. The cars and tracks included in rF2 aren't just for added value, but so that features and things you are asking for have been properly tested and adjusted so that you can actually use them on your own creations.

13. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Well answered, Tim... no off road development, though?

Now that we are at it, what about the tyre model? does it now have the chance to see (and properly sense) the deflection of the sidewall? will we be able to drive on two wheels more realistically than before? (stuntmans mod, anyone?)

Another question to finish the off-topic, will the cars actually get damaged from jumps, unlike rF1? please say they will, please do!

Thanks!!

14. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

I can give a bit of info here. The sidewall IS taken into account in the model from what's been described to me. If you will visibly SEE that deformation--I'm not sure if that will be in the release or if it will come later on. The main goal right now is to get the tire model as good as it can be physically so you can FEEL the difference :)

As to dirt, what I THINK can tell you is that when Gjon says it's time to release if it hasn't been implemented to as good of quality as the asphalt physics I can imagine it being held for further development and released in an update later on. I'm not saying this will or won't happen, but as dirt physics are such a hugely asked for item I can imagine holding it until it's GOOD rather than release it half-baked. Again, this is just my general opinion on it though--Gjon's the "man with the plan" at the end of the day and we ship with whatever he says we ship with :)

15. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Such great news guys, thanks for the quick reply and hope all the best! :)

And if you got a minute, tell Gjon that many are not in a rush for an early 2011 release, but for the most developed features and new stuff, so take your time to polish 'em! ;)

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

To be honest I would like to get improved rF1 (as rf2) with new tyre phisics and few bugs fixed just know, than wait another 5 years for probably best sim of the world.
    Don't forget that other devs are also working improving their products. For example NkPro is close to realease rainy weather, some products are light years ahead in graphics domain etc. In other worlds, it's not possible to improving a product without release because once it will get old before being even released.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't think 5 years is a good estimation. :) You'll have it SO much sooner than that. hopefully you'll be pretty happy. Also, yes other people improve their products, but so do ISI. rFactor 1 has been updated for a long time after it's initial release, often adding things the community really needed.

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I doubt rf2 will be old tech, for me its a small revolution!
    it will kick ass in terms of mechanical- and aero physics and the new graphics plus the support and continous development, contact to devs.

19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Tim, you know how things can get delayed... of course we will wait, but we also hope that when it will be relased, it really will be up to date and have lots of improvements. rF 1 is an old sim and not supported anymore (see, my unanswered questions for example ;-) ). rF 1 was good 2-3 years ago, but now it's getting rusty. Personally, I can wait additional year (we already decided that 2011 season will be on rF 1 mods so...) but I hope it will have most of those small things that rF 1 didn't have (and that's the reason why we still don't know release date).

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

those're your wishes. and it would be true if released today with all planed features. but we may expect serious concurrency in incoming year