A Belgian country drive - rFactor 2 WIP video

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. CiuppiTrulli

CiuppiTrulli Registered

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks VERY much. Carbonfibre. Truly appreciated. :)

3. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

No problem, I was looking up and confirming stuff while I was typing that so I had to make a few edits.
    I know the settings will help make a highish quality mp4 from Vegas, but the things Youtube does to our uploads still remains a mystery and the fact they keep tweaking their own settings means you can't seem to find the holy grail of a formula that works every time.

4. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I'll be watching this on my PS3 so feel free to render out at 1920x1080. :)

5. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Sorry, you didn't acknowledge my comment so I thought you missed it :D

But Carbonfibre hit the nail on the head.

Basically, capture at 1280x720 @ 30fps, edit at 1280x720 @ 30fps, export at 1280x720 @ 30fps and set the right bitrate for youtube (youtube cuts down all video to 2000kbps so no use going above that) then it will be perfect.
    There should be a youtube preset in the video converter too.
    I only know this because I recently went through the whole process myself :)
    There are plenty of tutorials too.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sony+vegas+youtube+hd+settings&aq=0

Cheers!

6. 88mphTim

:)

I setup as advised and it failed on 30fps (which was the capture rate). It is encoding at 29.97. All other settings are as suggested. Fingers crossed. :)

7. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

You're killing me!!!

8. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph Registered

rip

9. 88mphTim

Can already see the difference on the output... Now to see if Youtube will pick it up.

I took the time today to record a series of clips and make a time lapse (sort of) of a dry line emerging along with rubber being laid down. Worked pretty well as you can see the clouds and shadows shift along with the reflectiveness go away, the rubber build up and eventually the marbles, too. If youtube looks bad I'll upload it for download also.

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I was planning to make a 1080P Virtualdub tutorial so I went through the usual process of testing different bitrates and resolutions on YouTube and found that a perfect 20FPS 1920x1080 video ends up with almost unreadable text. But if I record it at 1920x1084 and let youtube resize it to 19XXx1080 the result was much better. Not perfect but better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujCE-HX4f78&fmt=37 Have not tested this phenomenon with 720P.

11. Peter Read

Peter Read Registered

Video or it didn't happen

12. 88mphTim

haha, I only have 1MB up. :(

By the way, I see you're wearing a Ford badge there, but I saw on Facebook you became a 'liker' of a Holden team... How does that work? ;)

13. Peter Read

Peter Read Registered

Hahahahaha just because they have a Holden badge doesn't mean its a REAL holden.. you should know that ;)

14. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Can you upload that video again?

15. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I love the excuses Ford lovers make when they get caught around a Holden :D

16. pinballizard

pinballizard Registered

Just ran across this, and my reaction is this: In the words of Joe Walsh, presented onstage as the potential next president of the United States, "Hey Man--I'm freakin' out..." The prospect of historic tracks hadn't even occurred to me yet, but this is like brain candy. Dreams of other long lost jewels flash to mind; LeMans suggests itself, pre-mutilation of course, the real Kyalami, Osterreichring, oh, the ecstacy...

17. John DiFool

John DiFool Registered

Old Spa was my favorite track from the early 00's, when I first started getting serious about sim racing (as did the various sim developers like Papyrus), so having this as part of the base install is priceless. My only regret is that the old "inaccurate" Malmedy will be replaced by one which is more historically authentic, but easier to navigate with almost all camber changes gone-but can't really complain about that can I? :cool:

18. 88mphTim

I can't really say any turn is easy. The track is incredibly bumpy (as the drivers complained about in real life) and a lot thinner than the GPL version it seems. You can quite easily run wide going INTO Malmedy, that's actually the site of about 90% of my crashes... It's somewhere you know you need a good exit and it;s easy enough to get one, but ANY error is massive.