A Belgian country drive - rFactor 2 WIP video

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm building a PC in anticipation of rF2 so id like to know this also

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The new effects do sound amazing and I cant wait to see them, with rF1 I've always been of the mindset that I need to concentrate on racing so dont care what the game looks like, hence I turn stuff off if need be....now I can see more of a Realism notion in RF2 to turn everything up to the Full and enjoy it as its supposed to be!

3. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

Hello everybody, I wonder which tracks will be created for the Historic F1, Spa or is it just that all were part of the season in the decade of 50/60?

The perfect job is getting

4. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

If I understand the question, we will be doing more than just Belgium, but the exact ones hasn't been decided on yet. I do have a list of ones I would LIKE to do, however... :)

5. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

Tremblant for the love of everything just and right.

6. lightspeed

lightspeed Registered

+++++++1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Hrm. I could swear the entire Nordschleife was a historic F1 Track?.... Right guys..

8. Peter

Peter Registered

So I have finally been able to load the video in 720p. Too bad, as many of you have said, the video is so badly compressed so most of the fine details are lost.

Overall it still seems to look amazing though and I can't wait to see how it will look with finished shaders and post processing effects.:cool:

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Its either ISI's fault with the encoding or Youtube's.. They should upload the video to Vimeo and try again.. Quality>> http://vimeo.com/groups/15693/videos/5003279

10. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

+1

Historic Nordschleife is all I´d need :cool:

I wouldnt mind if its the only track rfactor2 would ship with ;)

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

I guess if they havent even decided on the track(s) then we must be quite a long way from release :(

VV Ah makes sense, thanks Scott

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
  12. Michael Juliano

I wouldn't say that. Depending on when Gjon says it's time to ship we may have time to do another. Otherwise, we'll release with what we have and then add to it post-release the way we added tracks after release for rF1. Even then, we have to decide which tracks and what order we want to do them. Right now we're just concerned with getting the current content we have ready to go...

Edit: Seems appropriate to add here that the above would be a lot EASIER if we had a 40-person art team and could devote 4 or 5 artists per track. As it stands we have a much... SMALLER art team, so we have to be VERY sure about which tracks to do and in what order as we have absolutely NO "man-hours" to spare or waste :)

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Now you are baiting us, sounds awesome and can't wait to see it!

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Haha, nice hint to codemasters :) I remember they talked about those numbers in an Interview with SRT, impressive isn't it...

PS: Take your time guys :)

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Maybe it's time to "hire" some from community?
    For example I know one who has skill and knowledge to write real looking shaders.
    Also there are a lot gfx artists who would help you creating tracks. I guess that it isn't impossible to build team greater than one working for CM.
    But I'm afraid that the engine is not finished yet, so artists don't know the way they should work with. Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
  16. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Exactly, I'm also wondering, why ISI don't want to hire more guys from the community. There are many skilled guys who would love to help you (don't have to be full time job, I think).

17. Michael Juliano

It's easy to say that, but an entirely different matter to do for various reasons. That said, we have worked with various community members here and there as needs required. And we DO hire from the community when we can--I was hired from the community (although I already had a video game art background), as was Luc and Lo (rF3 creator). But as an independent developer we don't have the large budgets to hire dozens of artists--just the way it is :)

18. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Scott, I'm sure there are alot of guys out there that would be happy to contribute to this game without being paid. That's what makes the rFactor community so special IMO, there are so many dedicated people out there that are very talented and go unnoticed.

I bet most guys would just love the chance to see how it all works and maybe get a sneak peek at what they could be working with. But hats of as you alreadu have the lonely on board who did some excellent tracks for rFactor.

19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Scott, I never said that you don't hire... I asked, why not hire more ;) and the "hire" word should be in quotes because like FONismo said, there are guys who could do just small pieces of the whole thing for free.
    But it's good that you aware of that and it's just your (the team) decision to have it as it is right now.

20. Michael Juliano

Oh yeah, I knew what you were saying :) And yes, I'm sure there's lots of folks out there that would love to offer bits and pieces without asking for anything. The "problem" with that would be the logistical nightmare I'd have trying to keep track of everything everyone was doing, and making sure it all looked uniform, and came in on time, etc. I'd never get any actual art done myself trying to keep track of all that :D The community contribution, and it's a HUGE contribution that we could never thank you all enough for, is all the cool stuff you all do after the game releases. That is what gives rF it's long life and allows us the time to do new projects, keep going, update the game, make new tracks and cars for it as well, and eventually make the next iteration.

Anyway, that's the way I look at things :)