1966 AC 427 v1.03 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 3, 2015.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Great ideas!

2. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Wonderful car! Taking it to Nordschleife and Longford is pure enjoyment. Wish proper VR glasses will become reality soon... :)

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

And Sparks :)

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

An overhaul of Belgium would be nice too <pushes luck> :D

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

@Tim Wheatley, please note that several of the VEH files share the same driver which means I had to modify the team.mas in order to run an offline championship (or for that matter make reliable comparison between races using the same combo) with consistent drivers across races. No biggie as it is an easy fix but might be worth putting on the checklist for the next update to this vehicle and on the quality checklist for future vehicles and updates.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I expect all 3 historic tracks will get a update to current HDR / whatever.
    Fix the blue holes and at Spa that moving mountain near Stackalot errr .... I meant Stavelot. p

I had a few bugs with allcars mods.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...erybody-else!!?p=355055&viewfull=1#post355055
    [​IMG]

Something weird after adding the Cobra to my allcar mods, the POV was too high, like 4 foot too high, not adjustable and stuck across all cars. Only reloading session and picking another car fixed it.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Has anyone else noticed somewhat unnatural looking reflections on the windscreen cowl from cockpit view? It reminds me a bit of the historics reflections from the road coming right through the cockpit onto the inside of the cockpit windscreen problem. Luckily it's only the cowl.

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Anyone have ideas for how to mod a vehicle to slow AI shifting so can have more equal performance when player using clutch + h-shifter?

10. Emery

Emery Registered

In the HDV, there are UpshiftDelay, DownshiftDelay, UpshiftClutchTime, and DownshiftClutchTime for automatic shifting, but I don't know if they affect the AI.

11. Jamie Shorting

Get better at shifting. Rev match instead of using the clutch.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

You've got me wondering now, what track and what AI% are you noticing the performance difference? What I've noticed is how slow the AI is mid-corner (as normal) and how it completely negates any shifting advantage they have.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

In addition to the odd cowl reflections, I am also seeing texture flashing in cockpit view versus external views. For example, the billboards at Spa from longer distances. I wonder if poor optimization and the texture flashes are related? Notice these with certain cars much more than others.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

Fuel estimates at the tracks I checked are very pessimistic. In racing, I'm getting 13-15 miles per gallon (which seems rather better than I'd expect). That huge gas tank can last a l-o-o-o-n-g time... you'll want fresh tires before the fuel is gone if you try an endurance event.

15. Justy

Justy Registered

I can confirm I've seen this too.

I've also noticed that the engine cooling seems a bit too efficient. You can leave the engine idling and water temperature barely reaches 40C, even after 10-15mins. Then go out on track and drive it hard for a few laps and engine temps just about reach 70C. Seems pretty cold for an engine with such big displacement and output. Not a major issue, of course, just something I've noticed.

I also have some questions regarding the car.

1.) Does the real street car have some of the setup options that the ISI street car has? Brake bias adjustment, adjustable diff preload etc? I appreciate camber, toe and stuff like that would be available on the real car. With brake pressure and steering lock being more of a personal preference setting for folks and variations in hardware.

2.) Kind of related to above and a redundant question if the answer to 1.) is yes, but, why is the default brake bias, on the street car, set to 54:46? When in the setup notes, it mentions corrected bias at 50:50, is 64.7:35.3.

Anyway, I'm absolutely loving the car, in both configurations. Cannot get enough of it, great job ISI. Many, many thanks! :cool:

Very excited to see the other cars updated with the new contact patch model, so we have some more cars to actually see the changes. The change to the karts was really quite profound, in my opinion.

Cheers :)

16. Panigale

Panigale Banned

If correct, 13-15 MPG on track is a bug. I struggled to get 17 MPG on mixed use (hwy and city) in my Corvette and that is an efficient v8 engine. On track, it drops to single digits, around 5 MPG. I'd expect that old Cobra to get 3 MPG on a race track on a very good day...

I also had an old turbo of German origin and that got all of 4 MPG on track days.

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes! When driving near contrast track parts like red-white kerbs, reflections in windscreen cowl are flashing with this colors. Thats really distracting.
    Also really need more wind sound and maybe other sounds on speed.

Otherwise - best car in rF2 now. I hope its not "placebo-effect", but I think its because of new CMP.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  18. Jamie Shorting

I know people just like to moan around here but there was way more moaning with the release of the Panoz which has lots of wind noise. Personally, I prefer it without the wind noise.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Either wind noise should be a tuning option, or it should be there by default, because it sure is in the real car. The whinging about the Panoz was no one could believe the real engine was that quiet (all around). I don't think we'll have a problem still hearing the Cobra over some wind noise ;)

20. Emery

Emery Registered

LOL, I got caught out by the brakes overheating at Longford. I had noticed that, yes, they are street pads on the car (e.g. they work just fine first stop, no need to preheat) and hadn't experienced stopping problems on other tracks. But then at Longford, you're making the same high speed stops, only down to lower speeds, and doing those slowdowns a little more often, so they were badly cooked on 2nd & 3rd race laps going into the pub corner. The little escape area was just large enough to get things whoa-ed gracefully and return to track unscathed. Twice. Doh! Easier on the brakes through the rest of the race and that allowed me to survive.