1966 AC 427 v1.03 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 3, 2015.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Thank you! :)

On April 1st I've posted a joke on our forum that Cobra is in test phase. Now I'm not sure if it was a joke :)

But this car is definitely not a joke - time to grow some (more) hair on my chest.

2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

With everything set to default, when I reach around 70mph in the Cobra, my T500 begins violently jerking left and right. If I slow down to 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, it still tries to throw me around and will only give my wrists a rest once the car has been brought to a complete halt. I'm guessing this issue is just for me?

3. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

"It can be quite easy to lock a rear wheel if you downshift too harshly, you have been warned." @ link

Could that explain it? Or are you not downshifting?

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Awesome car, and the modeling is spectacular. Wouldnt mind seeing a version with the 289 small block; a little more tame perhaps

6. hoover

hoover Registered

I've seen this behaviour on my t500, too. Try upping the ffb filter a bit (5 is a good value) while lowering the car specific ffb multiplier (I run it around 0.85).

HTH uwe

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

was at Donington today their museum has the largest collection of F1 cars in the world including a mass of historic's,
    actually sat in the (real) BT20! (kind of think I shouldn't have done ...but couldn't help it)

found this to , very smart car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  8. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

Thanks for sharing this Adrianstealth. Amazing bit of history right there!

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Wow...just amazing. But from the beginning :D

My first thought was: why the heck did they released annother boaring street car? OK, I was on the way to my bed and thought, hm, why not, let me check this car for 2-3 Laps.

Fired up rF2, loaded Cobra & Tiger... Autoclutch and shift paddles...first Lap..."HOLY S**t ...this car is undriveable!!!!" Very close to switch off rF2 i thought: "ok, just a couple more Laps...but...Clutch and H-Shifter using"

After 10 Laps i was lost in one of the deepest Love i`ve ever feeled in my Life ;) (never tell this my wife!!!) :cool:

After annother 70-80 Laps i had a very big grin in my face. :D This Car is really one of my best Simracing experiences ever.

Many thanks ISI!

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  10. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Yes the smaller block 289 is super fun!

11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

That feeling of hopelessness when the car just drifted away if u overspeed a fast corner xD

Cruising in Transfagaran and Nords is a bliss.

But pushing it to the max in Sepang is nice too.

All with the street tires. The sim-balls u need to have to step on it and wish u will not understeer into the grass n the tire barrier.

12. Crankie

Crankie Registered

Me 2 .

13. bwana

bwana Registered

No ,just testing in pit straight. (or any straight) and watching tyre temps. As Hex stated 57 forward fixes it for me.

14. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I prefer as little ffb filtering as possible, but this fixed it for me, so I'll stick with it. Thanks for the info!

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I run a ffb multiplier of 1.3 and smoothing at 1. That feels great. T500 here as well.

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Hello Mr. Clipping [emoji12]

17. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

Well I just did my first run with this car, and it is amazing! Thanks isi! I love the tires and how they are behaving. A little question how do actually make CPM tires? What makes them different compared to the tires before the CPM? Is there a way a modder can take an original isi car and take the same tire without changing anything or very little and make it a CPM tire? Can someone without much modding experience do that? I would like to run the clio with the new CPM because I love that car! Is isi planning to update older cars to the CPM?

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Every car released or updated from now on will have the CPM implemented. Like every car since the Howston has chassis flex.

19. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

Yeah that I already knew but I'm talking about the older cars, how do you built cpm tires? Is it easy to make the old tires to the cpm tires? Can it done by someone without any modding experience? Are there parameters that need to be changed or does the tire only have to be regenerated?

20. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

As far as I know, the tires also had a cpm before but they implemented some improvements over the last builds. I would assume you have to regenerate the tire with TTool in order to take advantage of the improvements. But don't ask me how to do that...^^