1966 AC 427 v1.03 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 3, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You can't recreate the 60's any better than that ;)

3. Emery

Emery Registered

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

I would like to see such effects as an seperate option, which i could balance how i like it or set it off.

Also it would help to have it splitted to optimize and balance it to the used individual sound equipment.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Exhaust pipe location and whether it has a muffler or muffler type are variables I'm guessing as well.

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yeah, but the most i miss the air intake sound. I love that, such as the old vtec engines produces very impressive, or blow off, if we have a car with at all.

The engines miss mechanical noise as well. There is only this standard transmission sound and the sample of the cobra seems recorded from a car with a defect on any belt driven part, such as a tension pulley was weared out or anything else would have a "Lagerschaden"......sorry have to look what it means in english.

I can here the defect in idle and if it is your cars sanple Gjon, than it is time to visit a garage. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  7. Comante

Comante Registered

Gave this car only a little time, but once you learn how to turn the car, it became a lot of fun, I like how the car respond to throttle inputs, it's fun just to apply a bit of throttle and manage the oversteer, up to the next braking point.

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

"If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower" – Mark Donohue

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Ken Miles driving 1965 at Riverside USRRC, Turn 6.
    Sidewalls flexing... compare top of tires with bottoms, looks like front tires used much more air than rear tires
    View attachment 16685

Sidewalls not flexing
    View attachment 16686

10. Comante

Comante Registered

Emery, from the picture you can't really know, the car has front engine, so it is plausible that front tires had higher pressure, but in the first picture, the car is heavily loaded on the rear right, so much that front left only partially touch the ground, not the best situation to make some guess.

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

+1 for missing wind sound and +1 for a seperate volume slider like tire sounds have
    In real life and in sim the wind sound is one of most important speed indicators!

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Sorry for dumb question but I find myself hitting ffb reset a lot with this car because steering periodically starts to feel tight in the center almost like lock is changing. Any ideas? It's like the opposite of the previous problem where the wheel went to 900 degrees and ffb had to be reset. In this case the degrees feel like being reduced.

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Agree, it is a lot more fun to controle such old soft and powerfull machines with loads of chassis movement in a virtual environment as the stiff modern machines, especially with rf2, and i like the cockpit perspective in this car.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

There are a quite a few photos of this race and several Cobras in different corners. This was the picture that had best angle/clarity for tires, yet it is also representative of what you see in the other pictures. Perhaps you'd care to browse the evidence? https://www.flickr.com/photos/thehenryford/albums

15. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

I've been away from the forum for a while but I had to come back just to say this - I haven't read through to see what the general consensus on the cobra is, but I don't care.

This has to be the single best modelled car in any sim I have ever driven - period. It feels exactly like the real thing, you can feel, and see, the chassis movement through corners and under acceleration, the chassis flex from engine revving at a stand still, the steering going slightly softer on large amounts of lock, the feedback is spot on.

It feels EXACTLY like the real thing. Props to ISI and whoever they got the data for this release from, because it's DEAD on. I didn't have any doubts before but this car seals the deal that rf2 and it's tire model is miles ahead of anything else out. I've never felt a car like this in a sim before

I would know :)

http://fohdeesha.com/data/pictures/other3/cobra2ss.jpg

about the only thing missing from the experience is the massive deafening wind noise :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  16. matf1

matf1 Registered

Thanks for posting this, you rock!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

17. David Wright

David Wright Registered

Just curious. The roll-over bar obscures the gear lever in the photo but it looks like the short stubby gearlever from a 289. Is the Cobra in this photo a 289 or a 427?

18. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

It is very clear that that is you, even the helmet says "me" :D

20. yusupov

yusupov Registered

so basically theres exactly one complaint about this car, but its universal, & thats wind noise? just taking notes ISI