1966 AC 427 v1.03 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 3, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Disclaimer: READ THIS (technique section). There's no rev limiter... (I told you to read it).

Download here. :)
    Screenshots.
    Profile <-- read this

We're very happy to bring you this spectacular classic car to rFactor 2 - free - as always. This one is special. We feel that you'll find this a worthy challenge and ultimately could find a level of enjoyment from this car that you may not have expected.

Description
    The AC 427. One of the most iconic cars, and in many ways notorious. While possible to tame, it was known as the "Cobra" for a reason, it would bite back. A gentle touch was thus needed to handle this car. Having some 485hp in S/C state, with street legal tire technology meant that wheel-spin was almost always possible. In fact, it wasn't until 4th (the tallest gear) before you could, with reasonable confidence, apply full throttle.

On account of the engine having incredible torque, some 650Nm of torque from 3500 RPM, the 4-speed seems more than sufficient to accelerate the car from any speed. The S/C also features stickier rear tyres than fronts to keep the car stable, but the professional driver may find mildly understeery mid-corner, of course the right pedal is easily enough to overcome this at-will. The car also has very good stopping power featuring ventilated discs at the front and solid disc rear brakes.

While tricky, this can be one of the most rewarding rides around. In S/C form, this was about the fastest road car of it's time and has only since been matched by the most exotic supercars beginning in the 90's.

Configurations
    We carry two configurations:
    The street tires are designed for the driving enthusiast. They should be easier for most people to drive.

The competition tires are wider, a softer compound, thus have more grip, but they are a little bit edgier on the limit. The competition tires do not exhibit the understeer that is present in the street tires either. They are designed with the racing driver in-mind. The competition version of the car also has adjustable springs and dampers.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Thanks!!

Great to know that there is a new transmission model coming as well. Thanks for that too!!

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Wee!

now zzz!

4. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

I just died

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Tx Tim Very nice work guys

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Thanks ISI! Great car!

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Nice mirrors. :cool:

8. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Thank you, downloading. Now time to see some boxing.

9. yusupov

yusupov Registered

this car is insane. u sure this is right?

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Drives great. Looks great. Sounds great. Tire compounds seem authentic.

But, why is there a class selection AND a tire selection in Tuning? When is it appropriate to use one versus the other, or are they redundant? Appears as though you can't change tire compound in garage--why not?

And, shift lights are miscalibrated. At least on the HUD I use and on my Fanatec wheel. The car has gone way past 7,000 rpm and shift lights show nowhere near redline.

Looking forward to v1.04! (Clio update had different bug with shift lights that would be nice to get fixed, too).

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This car pwnz j00! :cool: ;)

12. matf1

matf1 Registered

Wasn't sure I'd like this car but my oh my, I think you may have to be slightly dead not to be impressed.

Marc, if it's Fanaleds, you need to set them.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Because there is one that allows you to set chassis changes, one than doesn't (see configs above), then you could have the 'wrong' tire on either of those if you wanted.

RPM in this car is 0-explode/engine max rather than 0-limiter max, there's no limiter, this is probably something we'll 'fix' so that it works in the same way in future.

14. coops

coops Banned

great news dwn loading ASAP....... street and race version very nice should pls a lot of ppl

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Holy smokes Tim after reading your "Car description" im like damn thats a hard beast to tame, for me especially the blipping and brake management part, at which im not rly good at. That will require soo much training ot get anywhere near to the cars limit

16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I tought i knew how to take a corner and brake in sim lol. This car taught me new stuff

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

A big thanks to the members of Test Team who put in many many hours into testing the Cobra. I hope you all thoroughly enjoy it! :)

18. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Just... 'Youhou' :cool:

19. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

i had to double blip at upshifts toget the revmatch!
    braking hafta be softly done and half a mile before the braking spot...haha

i did it with all assist off n h-shifter

But wut a challenge

20. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Thanks very much! Somewhere sometime ago i was complaining that there is no exciting roadcars (supercars) in rF2. This car fills that hole perfectly. After learning how slow you have to drive in corners you can focus on how nice it is to control the car with the throttle and start to learn the car's over the limit characteristics. I find that very fun and exciting :eek: