[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

2. Pales

Pales Registered

Thanks. Regarding live timing, are you able to add MPH for speed?

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is no place for additional column. But I added a switch button to select kmh/mph near show/hide "class" and "vehicle" buttons. I don't know when next r2la update will be. Since I changed just 1 file you can download it now and replace old one.
    Download this archive, extract views_live_index.html.pyc into rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.5\web2py\applications\r2la\compiled directory, overwrite old file.

Pales likes this.
  4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

What happens if you change in the player.json of the server to record MPH will users still be able to toggle between KPH and MPH in r2la and vice versa, record KPH but view MPH?
    speed.jpg

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I just checked, shared memory output ignores "Speed Units" setting. It will always be km/h by default and you can switch it to mph if you want in Live Timing.

Goanna likes this.
  6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Thanks Nibo.

7. Pales

Pales Registered

Thanks!

Now that you've added your tel, what is next on the agenda? Always excited to hear about new features! :)

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Honestly, don't know yet.

9. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Thank you very much for your job, Nibo. Specially for adding the options to hide tire/fuel data I requested.

I will donate soon.

10. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I would love to see live map view next. :)

11. ganzoni

ganzoni Registered

I can't find the telemetry under live, did you have an idea? I have rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.5

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

It will not be visible if you using DEDI version (because there is no sense in that), only for non-DEDI. You can unzip another instance of r2la and use it just for single player to use telemetry.

13. ganzoni

ganzoni Registered

ok, but i think on dedi mode it could be nice to see telemetry from other drivers

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Recording telemetry for all cars is technically challenging. It will take a lot of disk space to store it and I didn't really test how much CPU time it might be to collect and process all cars telemetry data in real time. Then there will be the problem of how to show you the specific driver telemetry and how to manage all this big multi-player data in telemetry viewer...
    Shorter answer - not planning to do that, at least in near future.

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I remember reading in this thread, something along the lines of, seeing other peoples telemetry could be seen as "cheating".
    Do you remember that Nibo?

Also Nibo, give yourself a big bloody pat on the back.
    I tried the telemetry for a few laps with no big expectations.
    I was surprised twice.
    Firstly, somehow I had no problems with it's operation, admittedly you made it easy.
    Secondly I was not expecting the twenty odd channels of data. :cool:
    I'll be making use of that donation button soon.

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, for some people it would not be good, but since it could only be recorded on server side I would have made it optional (if it was overall an easy task).

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

About track map for Live Timing. I think it would not be hard to make car "circles" go around 2d x,y paths. But they will be just circulating on white background if I will not draw some sort of track map. And that's a question - how to do that, because I don't have any data for track map from rF2, only individual car positions.

18. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Hi Nibo, sorry for the silly question...on LIVE page we can see if someone pitted and how many times?
    I don't know, maybe is there and I am missing it or not?

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

In race session there is a "Pits" column, it should show that number.

20. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Hello Nibo,

Recently installed the latest version of the rF2 Log Analyzer, thank you for all your work and effort your putting in to it!

The reason for upgrading was not especially for the new features or bug fixes but i noticed but more because the current installation was getting very, very slow. With the new patch i have choosen to move the installation package to SSD storage where the rFactor installer is as well, but this only helped slightly.

Applying a penalty or making a copy of a xml file takes about 5 minuts for every single edit. Do you have a suggestion what the cause of this problem is or what i can do to solve it?

I would like to make suggestion for a extra feature as well, the "Official standings" feature. Just a checkbox for a admin wich shows users at the export if the standings are Unofficial or Official (with the applied penalty's or without then).

Another small thing i noticed is after you change a event with a new XML file, the event forgets the country flag.

Last but not least, i want to make a donation. Are there other ways to make a donation except from using Patreon?

Thank you for your great work.

Kind regards,
    Roy Verzijl