[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2

Manage your rF2, Le Mans Ultimate, rF1, Automobilista xml log files.
    • Detailed exportable Session eports.
    • Track records collection.
    • DEDI mode to host r2la on your server for your community (hotlap competitions).
    • Live Timing.
    • Championship Manager to manage offline championships with AI or online league championships.

Championship manager features:
    • manage your online league championships or offline championships with AI
    • support for teams and classes
    • teams can be automatically selected from CarType, CarClass, TeamName, VehName tags or created and assigned manually
    • classes can be automatically selected from CarType, CarClass, TeamName tags or created and assigned manually
    • support for drivers moving between teams and classes at different races during championship
    • customizable points system for 50 places, points-for-all option, plus bonuses for pole position, fastest lap, one lap led and max laps led
    • points presets for all major racing series included
    • driver statistics for championship
    • car statistics selectable by CarType, CarClass, TeamName, VehName tags
    • customizable minimum distance for classification, number of team cars that awarded points, number of worst driver results in championship that won`t be counted
    • support for manual race points override, in case of penalties, disqualifications, custom bonuses, etc.
    • export of championship tables to html
    • transfer your championships between r2la versions by importing r2la_settings file

How to use:
    1. Download latest: rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.2.001-x64
    Older versions:
    rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.032-x64
    rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.027 (last x32 version)
    rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.027-x64
    rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.45 (Last Python2 version, old)

2. Unzip "rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.x" folder somewhere.
    3. Run r2la.bat. Small cmd window will pop-up, local web server will start.
    4. Open address http://127.0.0.1:8000/ in your favorite browser (IE is not supported).
    5. When running app for the first time, enter a full path to your rfactor2 folder in the form provided.
    6. When you finished working with r2la, you can close local web server window.
    Note: Some actions, like importing log files for the first time or deleting log files may take about 30 seconds.

'DEDI readme.txt' file in archive for DEDI mode instructions.
    'How to update.txt' file in archive for instructions on how to move to newer version of r2la.
    'Help.mhtml' file in archive for detailed r2la help.

Steam Guide for rFactor2 Log Analyzer
    Using r2la in Linux with WINE (thanks to user FuNK! for posting)

Warning: Automobilista can remove old log files from its Results directory automatically. There is "Number Race Results" option in PLR file. Set it to bigger value if you want to keep all your log files.

Changelog:
    2.2.001:
    • Fixed archived Competitions not showing results.
    • On "Championship manage teams/classes" page teams and classes are now sorted in pop-up modal window.
    • Added versioning to app.css file.
    2.2.000:
    • From now on DEDI Competitions are saved to r2la_settings.json file automatically. No need to export/import them from separate r2la_competitions.json. You can still import your old r2la_competitions.json file on Options page.
    • Simplified r2la startup form. Added widget that shows in real time if r2la found right contents for a root path that user is entering.
    • Completely new Options page.
      • Options are now categorized to separate subpages.
      • 'Options - Import' page now has a widget that shows state of r2la_settings.json file.
      • 'Options - Tracks' has 'Track connections' form and 'Set track countries' widget.
      • Subpages for 'General', 'Car Identifiers', 'Log Directories', 'Language' and 'JavaScript' options.
      • Subpages for 'Session Reports' and 'Track Records' customization options.
      • Most options changes are saved to r2la_settings.json file automatically and are imported on r2la update.
    • Major improvements to session reports with driver swaps:
      • Race sessions with driver swaps are marked with "swaps" icon in Results Viewer selector.
      • Session reports with driver swaps automatically show Team Name as main name and all team drives listed underneath.
      • Race Results table now correctly shows team`s Qualifying times for logs with swaps.
      • 'Qual Time' and 'Best Lap' columns now show specific driver name that set that time for logs with swaps.
      • 'Session Best sectors' tables now show specific driver name that set that sector time for logs with swaps.
      • 'Race fastest laps' tables now shows correct team and driver names and specific driver name that set that time for races with driver swaps.
      • 'Pit Stops Summary' table now shows driver names, that were swapped at pit stop.
      • Added new table for races with driver swaps - 'Driver Stints' ('Swaps' tab). Shows all driver stints per team, stint duration, drivers best and average times in stint, driver overall driving time.
      • Drivers that were driving in Qualy are no longer included as DNS in Race Reports if they are driving in the race as part of the team.
    • Improved Track Records page design:
      • Changes to columns order and cell data formatting. Moved menu button for every record row to last column.
      • Added menu button in top right corner with customization options.
      • Added options to toggle table columns for 'Car Id', 'Car Type', 'Car Class', 'Team Name', 'Category', 'Server Name', 'Session', 'Fuel', 'Laps'.
      • 'Time' and 'Gap' columns are now optionally highlighted.
      • Redesigned Track Stats widget.
    • Improved and simplified DEDI Competitions Create/Edit form. Better default values. Most parameters now require to be turned On with checkbox to match their value. Most of the time you only need to provide Track Name and combination of Category, CarType, CarClass, TeamName to create a Competition.
    • Added "Create Competition for this xml" option to Results Viewer Utils drop-down menu. It opens Create Competition page with values already filled in with corresponding values of selected log file.
    • Removed old part of DEDI Competitions where users could upload their results to r2la DEDI.
    • Added multiple options to customize Session Reports tables:
      • Toggle columns in report tables: 'Car Number', 'Team', 'Car'.
      • Toggle columns in Race Results table only: 'Position Change', 'Qual Time'.
      • An option to show Team Name under Driver Name in report tables.
      • An option to add user images in Team and Car columns alongside text or instead of text. Put png images into rF2 Log Analyzer ver. x\web2py\applications\r2la\static\images\tables folder. Image filenames should match corresponding report column cell value. Replace all non-alphanumeric characters and spaces in filenames with _ (underscore) symbol.
      • An option to add one or two separate user image columns. Possible sources for this image file names are 'Category', 'CarType', 'CarClass', 'TeamName', 'CarId', 'Driver Name'.
      • Use browser DevTools to see image file names and css classes that can be used to customize styling in app.css file.
    • Added to Live Timing an option to add one or two separate user image columns. Turn it On/Off in rF2 Log Analyzer ver. x\web2py\applications\r2la\live_timing_settings.json file. Json settings names are "show_img_column1" (set to 0 or 1), "show_img_column2" (set to 0 or 1), "img_column1_source" (set to "driver", "class", "vehicle" or "vehicle_with_num"), "img_column2_source" (set to "driver", "class", "vehicle" or "vehicle_with_num"). Put png images into rF2 Log Analyzer ver. x\web2py\applications\r2la\static\images\tables folder. Image filenames should match corresponding source cell value. Replace all non-alphanumeric characters and spaces in filenames with _ (underscore) symbol.
    • Improved Championships page UI.
    • Added to Championships an option "Show column with custom images in Driver and Team Standings". Put png images into rF2 Log Analyzer ver. x\web2py\applications\r2la\static\images\tables folder. Image filenames should match corresponding Driver Name or Team Name cell value. Replace all non-alphanumeric characters and spaces in filenames with _ (underscore) symbol.
    • Better text formatting for Car Class and Tire Compound badges. Now shows full first word of multi-word class or compound name. Full name visible with mouse-over tooltip.
    • Better formatting for Driver Aids in tables. Now represented as badges (with one-two capital letters for most used Aids such as 'Blip', 'Clutch', 'Lift', 'AI', etc).
    • Redesigned 'Incidents/Chat' tab conents in Session Reports. Better 'Vehicle Contacts', 'Penalties' and 'Chat' tables. Removed Qualy Incidents/Chat from Race reports.
    • Changed session result header design in Session Reports.
    • Fixed numerous errors in UI. Multiple changes to improve UI consistency and readability.
    • Added screenshots to r2la Help page. Saved it as static mhtml file and put it in r2la root folder.
    • Added new Time Trials manager for non-DEDI version (optional).
      • Time Trials are available for non-DEDI mode only. Its a way to compare your multiple race runs of the same distance on the same track. Cars might be different on every run. Time Trial is structured similar to championship. You can create several events with different tracks in one Time Trial. Then add Race logs to event.
      • Conditions when adding log files to event are: xml file must contain driver with a name matching the one you provided when creating Time Trial, and all Race runs for event must have the same length in laps and done on the same track.
      • For example, you can create Time Trial with "Endurance TT" name and add your player name. Then create several events with names of tracks, like "Spa", "Imola", etc. Then run several races at Spa offline, with or without AI, with the same or different cars, but all races 10 laps long. Then add all this race logs to Spa Time Trial event you created. You will see Results and Laps tables on event page, where you can easily compare overall run time, best lap times, sectors, top speed (for LMU), fuel and tire wear, consistency between race runs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
    Seven Smiles, Alnorate, sepi and 41 others like this.
  2. matf1

matf1 Registered

Nice one. I love the tool and these screens look fantastic. I'll have to dive in and explore in the morning. Cheers Nibo

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Wait...what? This seems like what I have been dreaming of my entire life! Detail analysis PLUS HISTORY!!! Man, how nice it would be to use a single tool instead of multiple tools. Yes! I'm going to be all over this tonight!

Thanks, Nibo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atomed likes this.
  4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Walked straight in the door and right past my wife and kids as if they weren't there and straight to the man cave and BAM! Yes! LOVE it! I will now live in your SW. So nice to have history and stats together. Thanks again :D:D:D:D:D:D

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m glad that its useful :)

atomed likes this.
  6. matf1

matf1 Registered

I'm not sure a lot of people know about it... Or this section of the forum.

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

Well, after having a good play with it, I must thank you greatly. It's nothing less than fantastic across the board.
    I love statistics so any expansion in that area would be most welcome, but aesthetically and functionally, it's perfect. :D

Do I need to concern myself with the backing up the database, maybe an import/export function on that?

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

App itself offers only representation of your rFactor2\UserData\Log\Results folder. So, to not loose anything you can make backup of this folder regularly.

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just in case you are looking for possible enhancements it would be great if possible to highlight my name wherever it appears of course you would have to ask for and store my real name and alias in order to identify me in the data. Any cross-session views for a combo would be great too. For example, I'd like to compare the number of drivers, MY GridPos (again would require you to know who I am) my Pos, my BestLapTime, my total race time (without having to do gap math), the SessionBestLapTime for the session I just completed to prior sessions with the same combo. Combining all this with personal best result and personal best time and lap record into a view like the Session Summary described here...

http://professionalsimracing.com/20...-summary-with-simresults-net-filter-by-combo/

... with ability to drill/link to session detail would be epic.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I already know users real name and nick name from player.json file. So, you should see your name highlighted in bold in results tables.
    I will think about special view to compare all sessions with similar car/track. Can not promise when or if I`ll succeed to do this.

11. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah Ok sorry not sure how I missed name highlighting. Thanks.

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I don't have the tool with me right now but is there a way to see my personal best lap time and personal best race result and whether I set a new personal best?

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not explicitly. But if you set your personal lap record today, then in "track records" this track will be at the top of the list and you will see red label "today" near this lap record, making it easy to see new lap records.
    May be I`ll add label "new lap record" in results viewer somewhere...

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks for your tool, works fine and a very convenient way of storing and perusing lap times.

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah sorry I assumed lap record could be someone else's time so if is my PB then perfect.

16. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks Nibo for your tool, it seems do and show everything possible. cheers

17. matf1

matf1 Registered

So it builds an array each time it loads?

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2

Sounds like it stores data but nothing extra so if you back up your xml files you are good. b/c it can reload them anytime like it does the first time if there is an issue and files are corrupted or lost. So the refresh only brings in new xml files but you probably delete the database or something in the event of an issue and it will load everything again or something like that.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`ve decided basic principle for app to be mirroring/representing users UserData\Log\Results folder. Because else, it may become a mess and mismatch between what you see in analyzer list (and lap records) and what you have in your folder.
    But for optimization I parse all .xml files when you first start the program and store them already parsed in db. Then on every call to "Results viewer" page I show list of already parsed .xml files.

Short answer is yes, it works like a real time representation, but with some caching for speed. But you still have to press "refresh" button to load new .xml files and to check if any of them were deleted to provide synchronization (this is also for speed, so that on every page call it didn`t traverse log folder).

atomed likes this.
  20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Sweet design :D