rFactor 2 Build 1008 Now Available (thread does not contain stock car link)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Does it tell you the value of the seat pitch like the seat height tells u or is it easentially just a sort of free-look mode based on one axis? Does it save?

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

The head tilt plug in tells you the value. And saves it for you. And you can do it per car or per class. And you can adjust left and right as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I didn't even know such a plug-in existed, lol. Sounds awesome, thanks!

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's a bit left-field ("curious" was a description I found amusing) and some won't like it being used for certain purposes. But if it's what you need it's very handy :)

It is a bit buggy with different cams though, I think there is now plugin info that should allow me to fix that so will try and do that at some point.

5. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

thanks alot for the big list of new tracks the last few weeks. the stockcars and the build updates.
    BUT where did the corvette pace car go? i just updated our servers and i only see the clio PC. Didn't find a separate download for the corvette PC :(

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the update ISI, auto-download & installed without problems, new Plugin UI shows up with *.dlls as expected (I backed up and renamed my player.JSON before the update)

7. DocJones

DocJones Registered

A car 'beamed' to it's garage in the middle of a race (nowhere near the start/finish-line in case someone is thinking 'dq!') and allowed to continue the race, is that what that 're-initialized at unexpected times' refers to? We had that happen to one of our drivers in a league race on thursday. :/ Would be good to know that is a known bug and was fixed.

8. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

seems it is still there, but not when creating the vmod. on track i see the corvette as pace car.

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The default.rfm at "C:\Users\WindowsUSERname\AppData\Roaming\~MASTEMP" should load the CorvettePC. There is a second rfm (Clio_PC.rfm) that loads the clio.

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Updated and everything seems to work ok. The usual first time launch crash, but after that it's ok.

11. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

My system suffered from this as well on the first 2 or 3 exits from the game. What I think that solved it for me, is turning the plugins on, do a race with the stock cars, and then exit. I say 'think', because from memory that is what I did before the first successful exit out of the game without CTD, and it has been good up till now.

Edit: problem found it seems, see this reply from Lazza:

K, that should do it. I'm getting mixed results here.. was getting an exit crash, and it seemed to go away when I renamed the .dll... and came back when I made it .dll again... but now I've got it (and my other) plugins on and no exit crash...<br />
    <br />
    *Ok, found it. It'll be an intermittent crash on exit when running the DAMPlugin on the wrong rF2 version. I'll get a new one out for 1008.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  12. bwana

bwana Registered

31+ populated servers at this time of evening is pretty solid . granted many are low numbers but certainly an increase . And so it begins :)

13. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Thanks Spinelli. If i change that value in player.json that will work with every car ingame right? With the plugin i have do it once every time im in a new vehicle, right?
    It seems to me more convenient (dont know if this a valid word) to change json file.
    This change of cam files could cause mismatch in online servers with mandatory cockpit view?

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, the player.json file works for every car. It's a generic setting.

The cam files method is for pre-RF2 ISI engined games like Stock Car Extreme, rFactor 1, GT Legends, etc. not rFactor 2. It will not cause a mismatch, don't worry. I advise to do it to every car (except any karts which I half the default value instead of zeroeing out).

Going back to RF2, I don't know how the plugin works but I'll check it out soon.

15. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I installed Dev mod as always but rF2 couldn't find the controller settings after correctly detecting my G27. I checked and indeed the controller folder with defaults wasn't there.
    I copypasted them from the 1008 offline user data folder but the wheel wouldn't work normally. It was in 900 degree mode. After braking hard it would feel and sound really weird.

Offline it works well as always.

Does it happen to any other?

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

16. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Blue screen while loading Indianapolis with stock cars offline. One hour before, it stopped loading the car and track near finishing.
    Steel the problem with 3 monitors multiview and a 980 gtx when soft particles is low or High ( center monitor is ok but the right and left are pink ).

Using nvidia drivers 353.30 and w7.

17. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I have huge amount of video stuttering today, but yesterday it was ok. I moved the car and track I was using to a second installation of build 998 and it works fine.

I deleted the content of shaders and CBash folder just in case.

Anyone is experiencing this? I don't want to install all again..it's an endless history.

18. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Same here. I've tried everything I can think of with no success. I'm having a break and will try again during the week

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've found plug ins can cause stuttering, try turning them all off see if you get stuttering, if it alleviates it then turn them back on one by one until you find a possible culprit.

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Tried turning off replays? Just to help diagnose...