F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. crz

crz Registered

Looks like you caught F1Lover and Duke Essington researching for the F1SR 1991 HE mod at f1technical.net :)

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

30% less grip? Are you crazy? Thats entirely wrong.
    I sent this thread to the isi physics guy which is the most talented physics gui i ve ever seen.
    He is very busy, but hopefully he ll find some time to help out with certain things or usefull informations.
    He usually has a lot of usefull f1 data.

3. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

i ve said : i ll try, not i ll modify the mod;)

4. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Not sure if anyone mentioned it before, but brake life.
    With default settings, after a 30' race with a grid of ~30 cars, at least ~5-10 cars ended up with brake failures.
    Is that normal?

Thanks for the mod.

5. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

see you once the results in the History... :( 65% did not finish!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Formula_One_season

If this mod has historic properties, can it not be used. ;) (ironic)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  6. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

30% reduction in grip is to me sounds way to much, if anything the current grip levels are near perfect.
    If reduction is being made I suggest it not to be so drastic.

What!? If the car is skidding at an angle of 60 degrees or more this might be true however I don't see how it should be any more difficult to control than any other high performance race car ?

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Reliability was always a huge issue across the grid but it was not just brake failure, there were lots of engine giving up.

8. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Dear friends,
    with much regret we have to give this unfortunate and bad news.
    The Modding Team F1 ASR can no longer produce mod, post images, and logos owned by the FIA.
    We received a direct communication where we were asked to remove all of our material on the web, on facebook, on twitter, use the forums due to "unauthorized" FIA license.
    They can not exist then mod F1, GP2 Series and all the categories that are part of the federation.

All those who create mods for F1, GP2 Series, Skin, and use the official names of actual Auto, Drivers, Teams commit an offense and are liable for copyright infringement!
    E 'from the time of Gp4 that fans like us create Mod F1, but apparently (he knows something the well-known portal VirtualR), seems over the opportunity to make official cars belonging to the FIA.

It was in the air ... ..

E 'likely that the continuous conversions from other modders of the only official F1 game to other platforms, has aroused understandable discomfort on the part of the producers of the game itself.

Too bad, because it will be impossible to achieve even old seasons in which we are very passionate!
    At this point there are only 2 ways:
    retire or move forward, we are thinking in the meantime.

In that way, however, go on?
    The only way (we do not know yet if completely legal) is to make the cars anyway, no logos, sponsors and names belong to the Federation.
    Obviously not sorry to see their idol pilot drive our favorite car in the splendor of its true original livery.

However it is not a crime to realize original livery as long as this is not sponsored, advertised, posted publicly on the web.
    In the worst case, then the official withdrawal of our team, it is likely that we will continue to carry out our plans in a totally private, but obviously will not be publicly available on the web.

To make use of the shelters we also changed the name of the Team.
    The classic category will be renamed ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic for the time being, pending a final decision.

The workings of the cars classic and modern platforms and RF2 Assetto Corsa are temporarily suspended!
    Updates will follow.

9. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

That's a real shame, as you said tho not surprising at all. Bernie's been driving away fans in exchange for money for a long time. I'm really at a loss for words. Just want to say that I hope you guys stay strong and hopefully some sort of a solution can b found. Thanks a lot for all your hard work and I'm sure that all your fans will stand by you guys no matter what.

10. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Thanks for your support, we hope to find a solution.

11. kantenflimmern

kantenflimmern Registered

Oh my f*cking god...
    This is so ridiculous...
    Well done Formula 1 *sarcastic clap*

But guys, would it be that much of an issue to release the mod under a new title with fictional liveries?
    I mean, all of your content, from this to the stuff for AC, it's just a wonderfull work! I enjoyed driving your cars so much, it would be a shame to loose your work just due to this :(
    I know you guys are real fans of this series, but please, realese "90's open wheel competition " - Mod and let some of the "outlaws" on the forums do the job on liveries and driver names!

Sim racers! Stand together and fight against this BS!

12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

solution: use fictional names and sponsor.

(and a private additional patch for real names :) )

p.s. i think facebook and twitter are the reason of FIA's interest.
    for that content better to use only forums

p.s.2. FIA licensed all F1 seasons or only recent? (post 1970/80?)

13. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

The communication received by the federation says it is copyright infringement produce and publish skins, official names, anyone who does!
    Probably you can deploy only privately skin, without that they are public! No screens no video! is all that we have had so far! Absurd!!

14. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

we will try to understand if the prohibition also referred to historic cars and if what you have suggested is a legal method. Our wish and our passion push us to continue, but we have to be assured.

15. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

I think that the problem is only Actual F1 2014 and Gp2 series, but the federation has generalized!

16. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Believe us this came as a shock, especially as we do this for love, not for profit.
    However there is nothing we can do. We will try and keep you all updated..
    Thank you soo much for all your support everyone..

Believe me when I tell you, we (all) at F1ASR are gutted by this news..

17. SinnerMcSaint

SinnerMcSaint Registered

It's a sad day for simracing-modding, I really hope you find a way to release your superb mods for this and other titles.
    I'll now backup my files because this is a must-have mod for any fan of f1 and racing.
    Thanks for your effort and I hope to see more from your team.

18. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Remove the skins and change the name of your mod mod and now leaves without naming anything to FIA
    These are the names and images disturbing anything else.
    Driving here is greater than the rest

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I think this would be a good solution. The community can take this part. ASR only give it a friend and this friend give it to another friend and so on and so on.
    It is so sad that all turns around money. Fu*! off FIA !

Of course it is the decision of the ASR team if and how it continues but let me say one thing. "It can' be that they forbid us our hobby which is free of any commercial interests"
    That is simply wrong and if you ask me if this happen my interest and support in any type of FIA "cash cow" racing series is over and history.
    I really hope it does not have to come so far.

Nothing more to say.

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

gutted. im sure where there is a will there is a way, but its still very disappointing behaviour from the FIA. really how many people are using this at the expense of using licensed material anyway? maybe they should license stuff to the sim community themselves. but they cant be bothered to, so why stop those who can?

anyway im sure we all feel the same frustration. imagine if they went to a GP and saw all those fake merchandise stands outside... oh wait...!!