F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

A newspaper or magazine can display an image of these cars without prosecution for profit why is that the medium that is the the internet in anyway different?

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Can someone do a skin for me with huge letters saying' f##c you Bernie '

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Can they? Don't they have to pay for those pictures? Or pay huge sums to get their own photographers into the f1 venues to take pictures?

4. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

Is that it? No downloads for this and no more mod work?

5. Gintonika

Gintonika Registered

I'm longtime friend and teammate of dbaldi, we've put a lot of hours testing this mod and getting up servers to play.

What you should do guys is what has been done since ages, at least since Grand Prix games in the 90's

1)Name the mod with a fancy name, like "Big Prize Open Wheel 1992"

2)Name the teams with fancy names, as ERD mod

Fierreri
    Guillerms - Willy
    Feetjob
    Minassi
    Leger
    Mclaura
    Ventura
    Benett
    Dallas
    Lotto
    Tirol
    (maybe i'm missing some team, but you got the idea)

3) Take your beautiful .PSD skin master files and REMOVE all decals except car numbers, and left ONLY the base painting, like the Microprose GP1 game

4) Release

5) torrent world will take care of more "accurate" liveries...

We've cheered and played and tested this mod for it's beautiful render of 1992 season, but more than that ,for their AMAZING physics, so, in the end, I don't care if I'm driving a Ferrari or a Fierreri, or a Ferrucio..., it's the league competition what we enjoy.

Please please PLEASE, don't give up

DON'T GIVE UP.

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

+1 Physics are very good, graphics are very nice and the sounds are totally amazing, the sounds are totally examplary

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Here, some engine's names

Honey
    Judy
    Yannina
    Lamberta
    Flora
    Ilma
    Magie
    Ferrnanda
    Renata

Keep going guys ! there is a lot of potential fun accumulated in those cars.

8. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I wonder why so much more F1 content is left alone, did you guys take some money for this one?

9. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

it's so easy to say . . . double down & call (yea, it's a mixed metaphor)
    but that's what they just did

F1 no longer Formula 1, now Funk 1.
    drivers be like Sly Stone, Herbie Hancock, George Clinton & the 1 & only Mr. James Brown
    teams be like AWB (Average White Band for the unschooled), EW&F, the Isely Bros.
    car names like Funkadelic, & Miss Funky Butt,

you know what I mean, mon. double down & call.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Double down and call, for real.

Flip the bird to Bernie and F1 and circumvent this BS. The sim racing community will prevail!

11. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

just throw some money at Bernie and it all goes away.

thats how it works, right?

12. yusupov

yusupov Registered

not just easy to say, easy to do. again i would look at game stock car as the example.

then just provide templates & let users customize & share same as with any other car. :)

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, they are, via Codemasters and others. The above points are irrelevant to this issue, unfortunately.

14. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Registered

That is a bad behavior of the FIA Formula 1 guys. As a private person you can´t get through this wall of lawyers and spin doctors. They are too rich at the moment. But it is in your hand if this will hold on. There is a solution for this: BOYCOTT F1 franchise NOW!

15. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

+1

I think the same, and I told it before.

Write to these guys let them know what you think and telling them you will not watch another F1 race again because of his unfriendly and selfish behavior.

They are concerned about old fans, so they have to know that old fans think.

http://www.fia.com/contact-us

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I just wrote to the FIA to let them know that old fans can't support an entity who pursues people that take care of the F1 past bringing cars from more than 20 years ago to the new generations without any economic end.

I never mentioned a sim, or a MOD, or person. I just wanted to let them know what I think.

I know they will use my mail to clean their ass, but I don't care.

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Please post your tekst so we all could send the same to them. Maybe it starts them thinking or they'l have a lot of toiletpaper for free

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's the 2014 mod that undoubtedly got their attention. And the direct references and links to official F1. The ASR guys have an option to be much more discreet and stop using official F1 stuff, especially the 2014 season that is under contract to Codemasters.

This is not the end of the world. ISI has a modern F1 car that FIA seems to ignore...and it has replica skins out there....but you notice ISI and the skin artists don't have multiple sites and social media connecting those things together in such an obvious manner. FIA is not so stupid as to think none of these things exist. But they are legally obligated to protect their arrangement with Codemasters for F1 2014, which sure seems to be at risk from the fantastic work of ASR. Even if the ASR work is free, it could still detract from Codemasters product (not hard to imagine which one is better), so therefore must be eliminated. If FIA makes an arrangement with trained monkeys to turn out a garbage-quality F1 2015 product, they will protect it in the same way against any and all competitors, even if every one of them are actually better than their official product. That's what happens when money is the prime driver over fans, quality, promotion of the sport, and every other consideration in the universe.

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

What is a direct communication? A telephone call, fax, e-mail, letter? Can you post the content of whatever it is?

It seems you are not alone, just have a look at bsimracing.

20. Travis

Travis Registered

I love Bram of Race Department response to the FI/FIM as found on the same Bsimracing thread: