rFactor 2 Build 298 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Not a problem Tim...but "pissed" in the way like saying "This is the only sim I want to play now and one day works and other don´t." (and because of a not so regular little problem of course)

That´s all. Not a big deal for me so forget my expression, it has a simple solution so...

I´ll ask for the newer activations in case I need them if the problem comes back. Thanks for your concern. ;)

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Yeah, I tried all that. No idea what to do now. EVERY build since the very first has run very well for me considering my modest PC spec. Then this build halves my FPS! So frustrated.

3. Tiger

Tiger Registered

thanks for hint ;)
    it did work for me!
    I deleted the file in the package folder and in the location folder.

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I tested with new recreated by game PLR to be sure, no change, same FPS with same settings in build 298 and 240, the good news is that I've not lost FPS :).
    I will try the SDK update now.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

@MaD King
    You are lucky man. Me looses fps with this build. Are developer boycott AMD or why we get poor performance with it. Ok my HD6950 cf is somewhat getting old but*it*is really a bad performance for the result i get. I'm a bit frustrated.

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Have you tried that suggestion LINK ?

As for stuttering I usually recommend people to play with vsync options. May steal a few frames but can also make them more stable.

7. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Horrendous.

Did the auto update. FPS have gone from between 60-90, down to 30 fps. All the same setting as before. ATI 7970, 13.4 drivers (which are the official supported drivers, no betas).

How can that happen?

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I reset your activations already.

9. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Thanks for the new build.

For those who keep their player, multiplayer and controller files, I ran a quick diff and found the following:

player.plr:
    multiplayer.ini
    controller.ini - No differences

---

EDIT: I noticed a slight FPS improvement here. Not much, but enough to be noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  10. argo0

argo0 Registered

This has been my experience too. Whats going on ISI? There must be a reason, I've run every build since day one with no big problems til this build. The performance drop is shocking and unplayable for me.

11. 88mphTim

AMD don't offer developer support, and their drivers are single threaded. We tried to work with them, but nothing happened. nVidia will take your software, run tests, tell you what you're doing right, doing wrong, or change their drivers to give greater support to your software. It's very unfortunate, but while I am sure AMD make terrific hardware, this difference in other areas creates a direct translation to how well a product can work with that hardware, versus nVidia hardware.

Those with massive drops, I personally would try a totally fresh install, or delete CBash, etc, as advised earlier.

12. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

No framerate issues here (specs in profile) but I'm running Nvidia cards.

If anything I'd say that my triple monitor framerates are about the same or 10% higher but I did notice an improvement in smoothness whereas before even when the framerates were over 100 there was a micro-stuttering look to the graphics especially when turning the car. I have to confirm this with more testing though.

13. drafi5

drafi5 Registered

Auto update to 298 and nothing works, game didn´t start: rFactor2 doesn´t work (in German: funktioniert nicht mehr)
    Will these issues fixed ???

14. 88mphTim

Check first post.

15. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Nice work on this build ,Thankyou .

Gained 20 fps around Silverstone all settings full except shadows med , high 80 low 60 .

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

@Tim

Understand, that is very sad for AMD and me. Don't get why is that, didn't they need positiv publicity and keep customers stay with AMD. Sure if it doesn't change on the current Hardware and 7 series, i will settle to Nvidia with the next gen. That doesn't mean you guys don't need to give your best anymore. :)

17. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

There must be another issue here , 13.4 drivers my fps jumped up 20 .

18. argo0

argo0 Registered

I've tried all that Tim, thanks. Tried deleting CBash after auto-update, still huge FPS drop. Tried fresh lite install with just Corvette and Silverstone, still huge drop. Tried Portugal, still huge drop. Tried setting GPU to App controlled, still huge drop. Tried different settings, still huge drop.

Looks like I'm out of this software til next build and hope that build gets my FPS back to where it was for the previous 18 months. Sigh.

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

All done Tim, doesn't change anything in my case too.

20. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Great build! Compliments to the entire team! Tim, do you think it might be possible in the future to check multiple MODS and install them all in one time? Or does that give problems with MOD dependencies?

Tim, I appreciate all your feedback and continuous communication! Keep up the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.