rFactor 2 Build 298 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Windows does that.

2. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

I haven't done much posting here at the forum, but I have to say the developers at ISI have done a good job with frame rate. Thanks Tim

3. sFactor

sFactor Registered

I used the auto updater. Downloaded and installed quickly. No issues so far!

Edit: Updated from 240

4. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

In my case, a good increase fps, road reflection now don't kill the frame rate. But, I thought, reflection on the machines have become worse. And now disappeared chrome... temrs of mod-making now need to convert color chrome? How to get it, there are instructions?

build 240

build 298

5. 88mphTim

There is a static reflection issue only, that we know of, and that is fixed in a future build (don't know yet whether very soon, or waiting).

6. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Hello,

Thanks for this update :) .
    About graphics, I find some improvements with global rendering, now it's good with standard HDR too. But I find that we lost something on car reflects, ISI car's bodies are looking "flat", like in some old builds (and yes, now chrome from T5 Mod don't work :( ).

7. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

Ok, Thx :)

8. Miro

Miro Registered

I guess I don't need to ask again if something is going to happen with the UI.

But I can request a 4124 x 1024 resolution support. :D
    What are actually widescreen HUD and widescreen UI doing? Nothing changes for me if I select them.

9. 88mphTim

As you can probably imagine, UI is just so far below some of the other things that are still a part of the driving experience. Of course, this does not mean it can't happen soon, the person who would do it obviously doesn't do a lot of the other technical or programming roles.

10. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

That were exactly my first thoughts after firing up for the first time. But who knows, the placebo effect is never far away:) I had to get a new batch of activations ater I used them trying to get the launch issue sorted, but now it's running I'm a happy man. Thanks ISI!

11. Miro

Miro Registered

Ok, good to know. Thx!

12. Max

Max Registered

just to mention, I am on an AMD card, and the game runs fine. Slight boost, nothing major. Runs between 80-120 fps on max settings. So some with AMD cards, your issues may certainly lie elsewhere as well.

13. 88mphTim

IMHO you guys just have more FPS. It can really help your brain to 'feel' movement.

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Un-installing and then moving Searspoint rfmod out of my packages folder fixed the crash issue for me. Fyi, i don't have every mod out there.

Btw, i really like the new colour palette and the performance gain feels real as well as stonec's fraps counter appears to confirm this (assuming the scene and gfx settings are comparable....a whooping 32% boost) - Thanks ISI! :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  15. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Thank you for 298 ISI! :)

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

About the movement; I too have some more fps (between 10 and 15) and that's nice of course, but the shadows falling over the car, are not smooth anymore.....not smooth at all(!!) They go over it step by step and it hurts the eye.
    It is irritating and it make the whole game look like it's doing 3 fps. It's not; all runs fine except the shadows on the car but you see them good, it attracts the eye.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

What ? Whiskey does but not fps. :)

18. 88mphTim

Try running your sim at 20fps and see if you can catch a slide. You won't find it as easy as 30fps, 40fps, because you didn't see it as quickly as you would at a higher framerate. Those minimal differences are huge when it comes to information passing into your brain, and the more fluid the movement is, the easier it is for your brain to understand.

19. Miro

Miro Registered

You sure there Tim?

It felt really different to me after the update, all the things I mentioned earlier.
    I just can't believe it's that different only due to the FPS, as I race often on min GFX settings with about 140-160 FPS and never noticed such changes in FFB. Car is easier to control in high speed and mid speed corners, fast turn changes with more FPS but here it was deffo different in the slow stuff and under braking. Just had more feel (FFB) for the car. Although I had a few beer but don't think it was that much. :eek:

I'd bet 5 bucks there is something different now. ;)

20. 88mphTim

It looks like a new build is going to be released to fix a few issues, and quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.