SimRacingWorld Poll - Which is better: Project CARS or rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3lfk1ng, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Woww.....come on ! you already called all of them fanboy and no one has already banned you......please

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

That was great! A video about a racing "sim?" and not one car but instead a trip round an island. Only thing missing is David Attenborough and some animals. Gotta love the floating rocks aswell on the water around 40 secs. Just about sums pCARS up, it's all abour showing off graphics. Really i don't think it looks so great. In fact i think the tracks from Feels look better ( Textures ). Car models though SMS are kings

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

No,it is not:p

4. baked bean

baked bean Registered

thing is rubbishfactor i know the difference between constructive criticism and plain old boring trolling, get a grip kid after all its just a game no need to get butt hurt about it to the point of making silly account names lol

1 person likes this.
  5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

mmm, veery constructive critisism, an essay of well backed up arguments, even provides definition of fanboys, mmm

(btw, I just wonder how many posts you would be allowed in your fav game forum with that attitude, offending people)

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I think because their hardware from 2006 its made only for gaming and PC users have an heavy OS running in background maybe.

7. Rubbishfactor

Rubbishfactor Banned

lol
    now you all start attacking me
    for not sharing your opinion and sharing others opinions that you's have already attacked
    facts are facts simbin added these features rf1 was unfinished
    just like the fact that dx11 is better performance wise than dx9 as already pointed out in another thread on this forum so for those going on with this catch up

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
  8. Golanv

Golanv Registered

There truly is good graphics in GT5, and the physics are good too. Consoles can do that because they are build to do that and the biggest difference between todays consoles and pc is really in the raw math power what is necessary for the accurate physic modeling/engine and a proper AI to do their job. What Im little concerned about is that thats it, meaning what you can get out of ps3.

The huge delay that GT5 release went thru was mainly because shokosugi (cant remember his real name) wanted to get the visuals without compromising on 60fps and the physics. Now looking at the pCars that tops GT5 graphics, cannot keep those and the physics of GT5 quality with 60fps, unless their engines are something really amazing.
    Would that mean that they actually make a pc version, and console versions separately by toning down the console versions to get it to perform as it should, or leave it to that level for both pc and consoles and just do a simple conversion. (which in my opinnion would be a mistake)
    Obviously time will tell, but just a little thought Ive had about that.

Now this rant about which is better. Havent played both so cant say more than rF2 at the moment is good, some cars are even amazing.
    pCars looks good, hopefully they make a challanger for GT5 and Forza, maybe we get a game for pc finally with civilian cars more than we can count and the content of GT5/Forza. Now can that ever replace a proper racing sim? No... can it be fun and worth 50bucks, sure.
    If it turns out to be a "proper sim" even better, but as you can tell Ive already put my money on rF2 and not the pCars my (literally) money is on rF2 being the sim out of those 2.
    Im not gonna bring in Assetto Corsa more than, looks good, cant even try it atm. so no point more than hoping.

Food for thought:
    Are you a driving simulator fans? Is motorspots the bees knees for you? Are you just rooting for one franchise to succeed?
    Where the hell is Waldo? http://www.bypassfanpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Wheres_Waldo_3851.jpg

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok Rubbish...

First off I`m no fanboy ok... secondly I got most of the rep points I`ve got from my screens and never got them from making what I`m sure you`d describe as "fanboy" posts about rf2.

Thirdly, yeh it`s nice to get rep if someone likes your video, screen or post in general but by no means are they the "be all and end all" of things. Lash some bad rep my way if it`ll make you feel any better.

I do happen to think rf2 is pretty damn good as it stands, flaws and all but it`s only going to get better... much better... you say it`s half baked...

Well your entitled to your opinion but if that`s it, what are you doing here in the first place?

Don`t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out...

1 person likes this.
  10. Rubbishfactor

Rubbishfactor Banned

forza xbox360 is using a form of dx11
    take a model from forza and make it work in rf2 you will find rf2 can't handle such high poly cars 10 cars on the grid max
    tj you keep telling yourself that
    and to the paranoid schizophrenic i am not david and i only have this account
    the r in rfactor it means rubbish doesn't it
    surely its not r for racing as its a driving simulator
    at best some wierd style racing i haven't seen before sorry my mistake i forgot about rf1
    it wouldn't happen at my favorite games forum as they can take others opinions
    this hole forum is a laugh seeing people get there backs up because of someones opinion
    and its always the same people
    they should be banned as there not trying to make this game better
    they'll tell you its ready to go to gold what a laugh

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  11. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Hey tjc

I know you have the eye for the cam...mate your brill...i've said so,so many times...your no fanboy,
    you just love what you see...and so do many of us here...for people to call others fanboys,well they
    must feel frietened (bad spelling)...

12. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I believe you are mistaken sir. Turn10 has never revealed details about their graphics engine and their physics engine is "industry standard" what ever that means. It is true that some dx11 effects, including render features that "shouldnt theoretically work" have been gotten to work with dx9 which is what ps3 and xbox360 run, and that was done by Crytek with their Cryengine for Crysis 3 and forza4 doesnt run with that engine.

13. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

And others...

So, risking a neg rep...Why on earth do you stay here? you don't like the game, you don't seem to like folk that do. It is beyond my ken...Sure rF2 is not perfect, there are those that would argue that point too, but they're wrong.

There is no such thing as the perfect Sim, it has never been made, it is not being made and it never will be made.

So what do we do? We buy the ones we like, the ones that have a feel that suits us. They all feel different, and here is the point...They all feel different.So, as we are all different with different wheel/controllers and driving styles, we are going to like one more than another. Does this make the one we like better than the rest? Does this mean the others are rubbish? Well of course not, just different.

Myself like others will buy them all, because I can find something to enjoy about them all.

2 people like this.
  14. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

+1

1 person likes this.
  15. Rubbishfactor

Rubbishfactor Banned

sorry i was talking more about the xbox360
    so microsoft haven't renamed dx11 to xinput for the 360 the people at microsoft don't no there product then lol
    i have seen models taken from forza and are now in rf2 and i can tell you first hand rf2 can't handle high poly car models and have half the grid line up and not run like crap
    another one worried about there rep

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

It's simple. He stays here because we keep reacting to him. :)

17. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Don't we all? :)

18. Rubbishfactor

Rubbishfactor Banned

no the people that aren't agreeing with there opinions are here to get there opinions across as they purchased this product to just like they did and have the same rights they do to voice there opinions
    not to mention it is funny to see you people act the way you's do when someones opinion is in disagreement with yours
    look at this thread from start to finish if someone has a different opinion every person that is in disagreement gets pretty much attacked
    you all should be banned it's always the same sheeple
    you's are obviously not racing fans and don't want to improve the game
    so what are you's even doing here

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Where did you get that one from?

xbox 360 has graphics processor with partial DirectX 10 architecture, but offers only DX9-like functionality.

CryEngine 3 had to be ported to DirectX 9 to run on xbox 360.

20. Rubbishfactor

Rubbishfactor Banned

from xbox/microsoft dx history i'm only going on what i've read i'm no expert i could be wrong
    but try it for yourself you can get a v8 mod for rf1 and rf2 that uses the models from forza which have a very high poly count you can't even get half the grid on the start line

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.