SimRacingWorld Poll - Which is better: Project CARS or rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3lfk1ng, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

O.K. chump. Which cars are too hard for you to drive?

Have you tried adjusting the setups? I can tell by your posts you're not a "experienced sim racer" but more of a whinger.

2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Come back when you've matured.
    One thing for sure, you've never have the guts to speak to me like that face to face, LOL.

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Mr immature, you've hit me with a negative rep for "failing" to entertain your infantile mentality.
    Truth is, I'd already anticipated your foolish question, and had you bothered to read my previous post, you would've understood, but basic comprehension could be another defect on your part.

1 person likes this.
  4. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... first off I`ve no desire to get into your little battle with CdnRacer (or anybody else for that matter) but I have to say I have never (really) come across this "spinning" problem either...

I only joined up at b85 so I can`t comment on anything before that obviously but as I`ve said, I can`t think of a car in rf2 that I pick and then say "Oh god! I`m never gona keep this beast on the road!" Not one...

Ofcourse all the cars can be made to spin, they`re race cars and too much power, bad line into a corner etc etc and they`ll spin out but I would`nt say any of them spin out too easily imo.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Some cars do snap away SOMETIMES too quickly, I don't see such a small problem means that the entire physics philosophy of rFactor is harder=more realistic. It's just a trait of the physics, and has improved alot. That one characteristic aside, rFactor 2 still leads in driving physics in the industry in my opinion, my quite some margin aswell.

Netkar pro is great too, but has it's own faults, that many of us agreed on months and months back during LONG arguments with hiohaa and jameswesty. So I do not want to get into that again.

GSC is very very good aswell.

Stock gtr2 is dumbed down and so is FVA, I'm sorry if ppl won't accept this. If you enjoy stock un-modified gtr2 that's great, i enjoy it aswell. I play it with a controller at my friends house who knows nothing about sims, all the time, we have lots of fun hours playing it, taking turns in time trial. So I am not a hater of the game.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

any evidence of this? as I'm an experienced Sim racer and after learning the cars and setups I can drive laps with every RF2 car without spinning...and I'm by no means a brilliant sim racer, above average I'd say!
    I seem to remember you having trouble with the 60s cars ages ago saying they were hard to drive and you blamed the car and not yourself over and over again, seems the same tired excuses coming out from you as from what I've seen many experienced racers have been enjoying all cars in RF2 without major problems, maybe just the F3.5 that was updated and made better but thats it.

I suggest you get to grips with the Skip Barber thats coming out, sort out your driving, learn how to drive then come back and acknowledge that you dont speak for every experienced sim racer out there!

1 person likes this.
  7. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

As if you do.
    Anyway, it's the same ole BS at this fannyboy forum, you support and tolerate mediocrity.

8. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

You need a turbo for that? Not in my neck of the woods :)

Back on topic though, A few have hit the nail on the head. AC is being voted for based solely on screenshots (and of course none of them are photoshopped :p ). Whilst pCars looks fantastic it is thanks to DX11, which ISI have opted not to utilise (though I'm still trying to figure that one out). However, the pCARS physics let it down. The models are also fantastic, and I'm liking the damage as well.

It's easy to say RF2 and pCARS are chalk and cheese and shouldn't be compared, but that isn't true. They are competing products from opposing studios, in the same genre. Each do have their strong points though, and RF2 is coming along and holding it's own in areas other than the graphics......but I'm told pCARS in DX9 looks pretty ordinary (I haven't bothered to open it in anything other than DX11).

9. osella

osella Registered

Then go and slap that guy who told you pCars looks any different in DX9.

It looks exactly the same as dx11, hence dx11 is not needed.

10. doug484

doug484 Registered

I don't understand the point of having a vote, or even arguing over this. Is anyone here actually NOT going to buy them all?

I have rF2, pcars, f1 2012 - I will be buying asetto corsa, raceroom, etc.

This isn't like a political election because I don't have to choose just one. I can have them all!!

1 person likes this.
  11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I don't buy busted assed games or promote busted assed sims.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hahaha, couldn't have said it any better myself. It looks almost identical in dx9. Dx9 can do almost as much as dx11 in terms of image, ppl think the opposite due to stupid mass media and marketing. Just like so many PCars players think their game is an actual sim, because of retarded mass media marketing.

It'll get to acceptable sim level, I'm sure in the future, but right now it's just pure regular video game, and just a more realistic one, thats all, not even close to actual sim.

The new tyre model is a very early preview, so that gives me hope. I laugh when I see ppl saying the current very early new tyre model is such a huge improvement. The driving physics are still so "generic" and stale, I fall asleep after 20 mins. It's pure casual video game at the moment.

Give it a year though, it'll be a great game I think.

And yes, judging from what I have read of Ian Bell's posts, in my opinion, he is an f'n douche bag.

Does anyone know if Doug Arnao is part of SMS?

I am going to get AC to play alongside RF2 (and any other true-sims that come out, like Reiza stuff, KartSim etc.). Having at least 2 "true-sims" from 2 completely different physics engines is better than 1, because even the best one has faults that the 2nd best one may not have, and vice versa. Plus, I just think of real life as another physics engine, so playing more than 1 "true-sim" is the way to go, in order to try and be good on more than one "true-sims" physics engine, since real life is just another physics engine.

13. Frosty888

Frosty888 Registered

rfactor 2 is a sim that will change sim racing for eva and on top of that before isi started rf2 no one in the sim world was talking dynamic tracks weather and so on get a grip ISI RIPS IT TO BITS

14. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Yes, he's, Car, physics and AI.
    re-Bell, he'll be my hero if pcars gets to sim, and will only be a bad guy if pcars is a bad game.

IMO, any sim that feels/drives/looks/smells like any of these cars is on the right track.

GTL....475HP Pantera
    RACE07...F3000
    EVO.....C6R/Dodge STR etc, etc, etc.
    Mak Corp 2007 F1
    RACE0N...US Muscle
    GSC....V8SC, Camaro
    rf2....60F2/3

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

lol....ouch!!

16. Rubbishfactor

Rubbishfactor Banned

mark my words rf2 will be unfinished until rf3
    because the fanboys here will except a 1/2 arsed product and say its the bee's knees of all sims
    all this crap about dx9 dx11 how many high poly cars can pcars have on the grid at once compared to rf2 and maintain 60fps would be my question
    i'm only guessing here but i think you'll find a clear winner and its not going to be rf2 sorry fanboys

1 person likes this.
  17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

LOL... You tell em David!!!

18. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Ouch what, it's one of the great sim cars....

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Make another forum name David then I'll answer your question. LOL. :D

20. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

The mods have my permission to ban any account other than F2Chump, seeing as that's my only actual account here, but given your propensity for exaggeration and accusation, I'm sure you'll remain unfulfilled.

But as it stands, you've made a goose of yourself by questioning what is undoubtedly one of the best sim cars ever made.....so are you going to make even a half assed attempt at digging yourself out of this mess, or you sticking with general ad hom...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.