Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The wierd thing is people think that certain features of the game come at no cost. They want to load 61 AI cars at Le mans - wich other sim let's you do that? - and expect to load the game within a blink of an eye.

Regarding the FFB issues that some people are having with the hypercars - you simply need to get the tires up to temp. Once you have higher temps and get more grip, the steering starts to feel heavier. It's very much like rF2 in that regard. More grip = more load on the tire and thus higher steering forces = stronger FFB.

JEmilio, MikeV710, Bernat and 4 others like this.
  2. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

That gives you heavier steering, but I really don't think that's the real issue people are having. There's some kind of deadzone in the FFB and that seems to lead to random oscillations because the steering suddenly gets loaded up with torque out of nowhere and then reacts back on itself. In a big slide the steering almost goes dead for a moment and then loads up again and oscillates, it's very unnatural and should be fixed.

3. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Well yeah recommended hardware is for "Default Settings @ 1080p" ( Both rF2 and LMU )
    Some should go reset rF2 and look at what default settings actually are.

hitm4k3r likes this.
  4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Ah, now I get what you mean. Got to agree that I experienced something similar in the Caddy. Looked similar to Jimmy Broadbents crash. But it got me thinking that this car is also very sensetive to stalling the airflow under the car. So when you hit the ground with the floor it's a very sudden snap off oversteer wich can also happen while just hitting a bump in fast corners. In my case and also in Jimmy's case we both hit the curbs at high speeds. Looked actually very similar to the crash that Renger van der Zande had at Spa. Do you have this issue with all Hypercars or just with some particular cars?

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I don't understand this method sorry.

6. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

So this vision that people talk about so much, but was it all an engine update?? so update rf2 for all other content that is not wec, what I want to say is that I would like hybrid cars in rf2 so I can race wherever I want and not on 7 tracks or 2 or 3 others that saw me 1 championship .

7. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

Something always leads to a slide, but the issue I'm talking about are more about what happens in the slide. This happens in more subtle slides too. I have the issue with every class of car, I haven't driven absolutely every single car, but a great portion of them. The devs are aware of the issues I'm sure and hopefully get them ironed out soon.

hitm4k3r likes this.
  8. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

UGM 133A likes this.
  9. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

ISI really were ahead of their time. I'm honestly surprised other sims haven't even come close to catching up to the tire model or road simulation of rF2 yet.

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Right now, it's only the 2023 content. More content with the same quality will come in the future. It makes perfect sense to release this platform as a standalone game not only from a commercial standpoint because the company actually has to earn some cash, but also to have a focused platform that isn't held back by older content to allow faster implementation for new features. If something is new or get's broken you don't need to check it for 100 different cars and 100 different tracks. It's been explained alot why they choose this approach. You can agree with that or not.

11. elgagon

elgagon Registered

2ndLastJedi and Wergilius like this.
  12. vava74

vava74 Registered

People have to understand that the ONLY CHANCE OF SURVIVAL and continued support for rFactor 2 is if LMU is a success.

SteamCharts show the number of concurring rF2 players hardly moved with LMU and that means two things:

- that most of this relatively large crowd are new people, coming from AC, ACC, iRacing, GT, Formula 1, Forza, ... and this "mob" may fall in love for the exact same thing as we do and MAY COME to rFactor 2 looking for all of its diversity with (roughly) the same physics.

- that rFactor 2 concurring players not decreasing might demonstrate a "bad will" / "jealousy" within the rFactor 2 fanbase, looking at the brand new toys and new candy being only on LMU, ie. a jealousy for the potential success of rFactor 2's "child" and, if that is the case, that's wrong and people have to get over it.

If LMU is a success, there is a sliver of hope that goodies will trickle down.
    If LMU fails, it will be a slow agony and the ultimate result might even be Rennsport buying the carcass that will be left.

PedroJ, GrimDad, Emery and 1 other person like this.
  13. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

In-game, assign for example "Wipers" to the button you would like to use.
    located the file "direct input.json" in .../UserData/player folder and open with Notepad.
    Search for "Wipers" and replace with "VR : Re-Center head position" and save.

Now this button should re-center VR, hope it helps.
    (this works for devices, have not got keyboard shortcut to work)

vava74 and 8Ball like this.
  14. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

The reason people are still playing rF2 instead of moving completely to LMU is because LMU is obviously not ready, it's EA for a reason. It's nice to give it a try, but it's got too many issues right now. Even if it was all feature complete, it still doesn't have the same content as rF2.

People can play multiple sims, it has nothing to do with jealousy. I play GT7 and have a completely separate sim rig for it because it's got features that rF2 never will have.

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

can't stop playing .....

....with rFactor 2 !!! ;)I like the GT3 and the bmw m4, and I can race 30 GT3 on Lemans, Nordschleife.... no need for LUM at all ;)

16. Havner

Havner Registered

Code:
        "Pause If Focus Lost":true,
        "Pause If Focus Lost#":"whether to automatically pause if window loses focus (single-player only)",

8Ball likes this.
  17. TonyM

TonyM Registered

Thanks for explaining your thoughts.

What I meant with "realistic" is "like driving a real race car in real life".

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I will NEVER move to LMU simply cause my favorite cars are Porsce 992 cupcar, BTCC, GT3, Caterham, Formula pro, and my favorite tracks are Nordschleife, Brands Hatch, Bathurst.....I'm not a fan of WEC and I'm pretty sure WEC fans are a minority.

19. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

Well that's all relative isn't it? If you're completely new to driving then any other sim would be equally as daunting, even if they're not realistic at all. You'd have to learn it from the ground up either way. If you have some real world driving experience, even if it's just on public roads commuting to work, then you'd know real steering wheels don't shake back and forth for no apparent reason (unless you drive a Jeep), so you'd have some form of reference at least compared to an unrealistic sim.

20. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

Why are you in this thread and why did you even try LMU then? lol