Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

I have over 500h in AMS2 but as much as Ive tried to love it lately, it cant compare to rf2 by a long shot. Especially with recent multiplayer advancements.
    I find myself just giving up after a couple laps and going back to rf2.

Ho3n3r and Adrianstealth like this.
  2. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

I pretty much only fire up RF2 for Sebring nowadays, which is not an insignificant thing to say, its the best track in all of simracing (for now)

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I hope I'm wrong, but this smells bad but bad

Ayrton de Lima likes this.
  4. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Well they do have the laser track licenses for Le Mans, or they claim so...

The first step in thar journey is nothing less than the introduction of the mecca of Endurance racing to AMS2 - as announced in the June Dev Update earlier this year, the license for the 24h du Mans circuit had been secured and the goal was to deliver the modern version of the track before the end of this year.

Preferences aside, Reiza Studios Is working hard and credit were It´s due. We can still live together In harmony right, peace!

5. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Registered

I really hope LMU will pull it off big time. I am looking forward specially because I'm becoming SIIICK of the flood of GT3 cars all over the games. Hyper cars will be something new, and if they pull it of in a sence that we can race endurance races with in changeable weather conditions like in reality and with driver swapping thing, then this game will be next level.
    My expectations are really high now: pics and videos have convinced me so far, but we are not there yet.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
  6. szelljr

szelljr Registered

After the very god news (AMS2) , i think i will uninstall my Rfactor2...:). I am not a MP. player...So...

7. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Looking forward to LMU but, happily enjoying Le Mans in AMS2 in the meantime. As always, each title has its strengths and weaknesses. There's plenty of room for both titles on my hard drive, no conflict whatsoever. :)

Ho3n3r and MikeV710 like this.
  8. SharkVA

SharkVA Registered

Has there been any official commentary on the "VR" label being removed from the store page? I'm assuming not, but it crushed my sim racing soul to realize we may not get VR support, at least initially. Don't even have a monitor attached to my rig these days and LMU is top of my list to peel me away from rF2 multiclass or some AMS2 for the fun retro cars and tracks/layouts.

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

No VR no buy for me and I’m sure many’s won’t buy it without VR support.

AKR likes this.
  10. sg333

sg333 Registered

Less than 2% of steam users have a VR headset

11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Registered

I thought there is less :)
    Anyway, I have VR and I don't like it for some serious racing. It comes much more handy in flying sims, like DCS, but even there, only for having fun, not for serious missions.

12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Not a VR user myself but isn't it more important to ask how many sim racers are using VR and not how many Steam users?

GaetanL, AKR, Binny and 4 others like this.
  13. Terence

Terence Registered

They will not survive, if they doesn‘t support it. Ams2, AC, Iracing and the upcoming AC2 have a very good vr implementation… Even with it, they will have a hard time against these titles. Ultimate LeMans have to be nearly perfect with an iracing-like MP service, if they want to be back on the top of simracing..

14. atomed

atomed Member

If it´s not implemented at the release I´m sure they´ll implement it in the future, in the meantime I´m going to go with theater mode, not the same but still usable.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Fair point. I'd say the reasoning is that PC sim racers > WEC fans > VR users becomes a very small venn diagrams very quickly. The volume of people who are PC gamers, who are interested enough in WEC to buy a standalone WEC sim, who then also own a VR headset is likely a number that isnt worth the trouble at this point.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  16. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

If Verstappen doesn't use VR, the rest of wannabes won´t either :D

JEmilio likes this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't watch eSport racing except for dropping in to watch bits of the Virtual Le Mans. I don't recall any of the VLM drivers, either real world pros or Sim-Racing-Assasins, using VR.
    Are there any regular eSport racers that use VR?

MikeV710 and pkelly like this.
  18. Binny

Binny Guest

The VR is old now in rf2 needs a re write everyone knows this, so just maybe they will or are working on a new VR. Lets hope they do something for triple screen users also, then everyone will be happy. But humbly i dont think there are enough users yet that they will improve VR for many yrs to come unless the ppl make a huge shift to VR.

19. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

after 4 years my vive finally died, I thought I would miss it and was looking for a new HMD, figured id throw a few hints at the ball-n-chain for an xmas pressie.. so had a month up my sleeve.. time heals all things, and come new year i didnt get a new one under the tree, but I realized I dont miss it at all and wont be replacing it. Rather spend that $$$ on my Adv Bike.

Binny likes this.
  20. trichens

trichens Registered

I bought a VR headset a couple of years ago. Never use it now.
    As for LMU I would expect that after the PC release the next step would be porting it to consoles which is where the mass market will be.
    As @sg333 says the VR target audience will probably be very small.

Ho3n3r and Binny like this.