Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Don't dare to apply common logic. According to some people they aren't even allowed to use the gmotor/pmotor engine as a platform. It's not allowed to use the same engine twice.

2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Portimao and Fuji DLCs are all I need, I dont really care about the same tracks, with the same graphics and same physics in the same 3D engine, I will stay with rF2. Maybe update the car interior for the DLCs we have paid in rF2?
    At this moment, I prefer buying the WEC Rennsport game with a new engine, not with recycled content, or I want rFactor 3.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Gerard Tillman, djbob, pkelly and 4 others like this.
  4. Terence

Terence Registered

As I wrote in another thread, I´m worried about the future of rf2. In the past, I´ve always read, that it takes time to develop new features, fixing existing bugs and bring content up to date, because studio397 is a small team.
    Now we read the announcement of a new title. Ok, I think it´s a good move from studio397 to make a new sim with existing content to get rid of old codes, terrible mods and other problems. And the biggest + point: making money, which they definitely need.
    But what´s with rf2 in the future? If anyone believe, that a small team can handle and support 2 big titles, developing new features and content for 2 titles at the same time, than they believe in santa claus too. So until LMU is out, runs in online competitions and is nearly bug- free, rf2 will develop in a walking pace. And should it be a big success, there wouldn´t be a big reason, to invest more menpower and valuable time in developing rf2 further instead of LMU, exept to gain a few bucks with dlc cars or tracks.
    I´m not against LMU, but currently I don´t know, if I should invest more money in rf2, regarding the (imo) uncertain future of it.

5. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

I'm optimistic about this.

The one thing new users all complain about with rF2 is getting started. Setting it up, fiddling with the settings and understanding the DLC model, the AI, etc etc yadda yadda yadda.

Now, theres a lot of issues that probably can't be fixed because of the old code base, which would break mods and other content if it were touched.

But, if you could start afresh, fix everything without having to worry about legacy content, just produce a cut down pick up and play version of rF2....that's good right?

If people have a good experience in the new LMV and then think, hey, I'd love to try out some other stuff in rF2 then they could.

I'm looking forward to trying it anyway.

6. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Personally I pretty much feel the same as the above poster, and I also feel that "another" S397 product Is a welcome to most rF2 fans. Most of us already have the other sim titles anyway, and as stated above, if it makes the experience more simple to get Into even If It´s just a focused discipline, but with a open future then I am all for It.

I wish them the best In this new adventure and they can sure count me In for the ride! Oh and by the way, I´ll still fire up rF2 no matter what happens because I also enjoy It.

r00b Driver and Pollinflas like this.
  7. Drogo

Drogo Registered

Will LMU be playable offline?

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The steam info description mentions single player.

Drogo and elgagon like this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No VR no...oh wait.

Pollinflas likes this.
  10. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Anybody that post to the forum at or going to Le Mans? Anybody seen the display or gotten a chance to drive the game?

11. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

s397 can't seem to solve some problems in rf2, primarily crashing in the 24 hour leman race. and this new title should be a turning point for rf2.
    but if rf2 will get a big update to fix the crash of the game in long-distance races of 1, 2, 3 and more hours continuously, it won't.
    rf2 will remain a solid platform for big btcc and other well-known classes, for which the time per race is short enough and there is less possibility of crashes.

I would be even more happy if the very well-known physics of rf2 came to life in the excellent graphics of one of the modern engines, let's say ue5.

12. Pollinflas

Pollinflas Registered

One year ago I started to play compulsively rf2, even convinced my friends to register in VEC and completed the season a few days ago after a blast of event in Le Mans. This sim is, by far, my fav. I’ve played thousand of hours in AC, ACC, and half a thousand in AMS2, and can’t get the same from any of them. The news of a specific LM game is awesome for me. I support s397, their work with all the improvements they made throughout the last year. As long as the amazing physics, vr performance and ffb stay there, it would be a landmark for all the endurance lovers. Kunos were super successful with ACC. Rf2 doesn’t need a new graphic engine as long as new tracks look amazing in my opinion. Go s397!

r00b Driver likes this.
  13. Comante

Comante Registered

I think it's the best solution to create a dedicated platform to maybe host the official virtual Le Mans series on. This could help everyone-

14. Duncan

Duncan Registered

With historical DLCs 50s,60s... it could be the perfect sim for Le Mans.

15. redapg

redapg Registered

It should be, if they want to make some Money with it.
    If not, it would reduce the Number of potential Buyers by 95%, i guess.

Drogo likes this.
  16. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I really look forward to having precise, reliable and concrete information on what is planned for rFactor 2 in the next few years.

The multiplicity of titles like LMU could literally vampirize rFactor 2 (development time, improvements and evolutions, content,...), and more generally rFactor 2 could quickly be outside the strategic field of MSG.

Until I have this information, I will not rejoice.

Rejoice and maybe buy LMU afterwards, why not of course.

Depending on what comes out of their press release which I hope will come soon enough.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@pilAUTO you've been asking for concrete information on rF2's future and planned features for years now, have you ever got an answer?

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

WHAT ! rFactor 2.5 is on the works ?

19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

S397 have no interest in historical contents :(

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I don't care what happens to RF2, I went well beyond the money's worth in the first few hours of usage back in 2012. Of course I'd like to see it continue for some time yet, but I'm not gonna wet the bed if development slowly grinds to a halt - nothing lasts forever.

GrimDad likes this.