Latest Roadmap Update -October 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The problem is that S397 has not been able to properly implement any of the promised items in over one year. What it has been released is incomplete. DX11 with no documentation for plugins and with performance problems still for many users being the last real update in July and apparently abandoned since then. The initial boost in online players rapidly decayed and here we are in the same numbers as in January.

The UI seems to be the most advanced UI in the universe considering the time elapsed since we saw first shots when seemed to be imminent and here we are still waiting for tester approval.

DLC came with a new packaging system that is driving nuts leagues. Setting up a server is more difficult than ever.

They also changed the logo but even there they failed to properly do it. The forum still shows the default xenforo icon. When in our league we moved to xenforo our admin immediately implemented our logo. In RF2 even the simplest thing seems ro take months.

This translates to sales. In last 3 months no apparent new owners according to Steam spy. The only income in these 3 months seem to be the around 55000 € coming from the GT3 sales. 3300 packs+ 1100 MCL. From this part goes to steam and part goes to the manufacturers license.

What kind of future can we expect? Very dark for sure.
    Screenshot_20171116-190945.png

Good luck guys. You really need it.
    BTW the problem is not bad luck.

Stan, yippssy, Lgel and 5 others like this.
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

a serious league ?, in which leagues you simulate ?, the open servers maybe not, but there are many serious leagues, but better what I told you above, go to iracing

if they remove the possibility that the administrators are left out of organizing, rfactor will die

who wants something like iracing that goes to iracing, this is rfactor 2

yippssy and Rui Santos like this.
  4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's always easy sit on the other side of the fence and criticise, essentially unless you've had experience of running a similar software company doing a similar type of game then you don't really have a clue how hard or easy it is to implement certain features. Sure we'd all do things differently, I don't agree with some things that S397 have done but then I do agree with other things, the end result it is matters not because it's not mine or your company.

I understand fully that we all want the very best for this Sim as it's no doubt something that is close to our hearts, but consistently picking holes (forum Icon...I mean come on!) is not going to win anything really, S397 should know their strengths & weaknesses like any company does and they really don't need people banging the same drum every week pointing out the same "issues".

Finally it's not all bad remember, the UI - no matter how long it's taken to implement! - could be the next best thing, the Rain effects do look fabulous, the GT3 Pack is bloody amazing, the DX11 transition is very good and not an easy task and the VR implementation is very good.

lagg and juanchioooo like this.
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

DX11/VR is not too bad but it's still in beta 6 months after release, which means any new customer who tries the demo will only have option to use the old DX9 graphics and probably lost sales is significant due to that alone. Hopefully this will change with the next build.

6. Omelete

Omelete Registered

Free... Free... Free...free.... O can,t believe.... Dark future... No progress

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

It’s not about free stuff,it’s about rf2 offering content and features that warrant the type of cash you’re talking about.

I used to say the same as you,I’d pay lots for the features I want,but since I’ve joined rf2,most of the stuff if not all,that s397 have released was released in what looks like a rushed half assed state,and have yet to rectify many of the issues,many moons laters.

Do I think rf2 could reach its full potential which could justify such costs for features and content,yes I do,do I think s397 are the team that will make it happen,well I did,but faith is slowly eroding based on their performance so far.

Release rushed,unfinished and sometimes broken stuff,then tumble weeds for months isn’t a good look that justifies high sales prices or volumes.

I want them to succeed and my wallet is open when they do,but the ball is in their court not ours,all we can do is wish and wait,and wait and wait,rf2 may be in a bigger mess than most of us realise,or s397 may be even more under gunned than we realise,or both.

Either way,it’s years away from warranting such prices

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    peterchen likes this.
  8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Sorry but for me the GT3 pack release was the final indication that they just can't do, or what is much worse, have the will to do anything right (no technical problems here, just sloppy and unfinished work).

I bought it, and don't use it, I am waiting for a finished product.

I see the GT3 pack now as a last intent to milk the user base as it's said in the software industry.

The DX11 transition process is a disaster.

Don't live in a dream world, the statistics from steamspy cited in Spasskis' post don't lie, read the different roadmaps and see what happens with the announced milestones.

I follow this forum since 2013, they were many individuals that blindly, and for some, rabidly defended RF2 against any critic, I won't cite their names, but one by one, they have left...

You can't deny that sim racers in great numbers prefer what is offered by competing offers, even it they lack the superbly advanced tire model, that is so complex and labor intensive, that even ISI or S397, are unable or unwilling, to maintain their content up to date.

I would very much like be proved wrong, not by arguments on this forum, by real products delivered to the customer base.

Cheers.

Stan, Guimengo, yippssy and 2 others like this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I’m starting to agree with your opinion even more as the months roll by,but I still don’t think dx11 was a disaster,just because it wasn’t for me,but the other points I agree with.

I’d rather wait longer and have finished contents released rather than have rushed contents and have to wait months for issues to be rectified.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Fair enough on the GT3 Pack, it's not to everyones liking but far more people are enjoying it than not that is obvious.
    As for the DX11 transition I revert you to my previous post about working in the industry, you seem to have a lot to say about why things are a "disaster" but I read no knowledge from you as to why. So I ask, Why is DX11 such a disaster?

11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

As far as I'm concerned, DX11 can remain in beta forever. I'm still enjoying the game in DX9 with all my plugins and without going blind with glossy tracks.
    What bothers me is that instead of S397 focusing on more important core issues and modders creating new content, they have wasted all this time updating stuff to DX11 and some (like URD) even dropped RF2 waiting for this never ending beta to end. All for better graphics?? Please....who cares about graphics having the best tire model.
    Reiza was able to keep its fans base happy with a game in DX9. To me this update has always been completely unnecessary.

Stan likes this.
  12. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Overall dx11 "Disaster" is excessive I think.
    BUT : dx11 is clearly a disaster in terms of graphical performance.

Hope things change about performance.

Concerning graaphics quality, that is totally secondary for me.

EDIT :

I find the graphical improvement between dx9 and dx11 EXTREMELY low compared to the thousands of hours spent on it, and the thing that really matters to me is the "disastrous" graphical performance between the two.

The observation that I make as always ... would not have been clearly more clever to work on the elements of realism (simulation) rather than trying to seduce (unsuccessfully) a fringe of users / new users less interested in REALISM aspect only by the aspect IMMERSION / ERGONOMICS (UI / beautiful graphics / visible damage.)

What a pity !!

Stan and SPASKIS like this.
  13. madquad

madquad Registered

with that philosophy the wheels would continue to be made of wood

Ari Antero, Guimengo and Will Mazeo like this.
  14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

a lot of truth being told on this page.

why don't they just collaborate with rieza end of!!!then we have tge best sim untouchable on the market!! It's a no brainer, both small teams with underlying great sims, running almost the same core engine !! C'mon ffs!

Stan and SPASKIS like this.
  15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

A dream you keep spouting but will never happen, I agree it could be awesome but a dream is where that will remain :)

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

...recommends DSR 4k-setting and a 1070GTX as minimum. LOL!!!

17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

no more than a dream that rf2 will become a complete polished sim that works fully ;)

yippssy likes this.
  18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Don't feed the trolls!!

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Reiza has quite different target market and different ways of working. Niels from Reiza has stated he prefers to work with a "simple" tire model that can easily be adjusted to achieve given handling, and rF2 tire model is polar opposite to that. Reiza also seems more focused on South American content, none of which is in rF2 apart from the Interlagos port.

Ho3n3r and patchedupdemon like this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

touché :D

LokiD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.