Happy Holidays from Studio 397!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Why would you make content (free and official DLC) available somewhere else if your game is Steam only?

Ho3n3r likes this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Where is that happening? Who has been a sceptic and then banned?

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Steam only from this current build. They could still use the old build until the end of time. I think that is how it goes.

4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Merry Xmas all and thanks Studio397 nice week @2012 on rf2 :D

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Because I paid for lifetime when there was no talk about steam yet. I wouldn't have bought the game if it was steam only and because they SAID they would ;)

Who was banned you ask?
    Just scroll through the 2 topics with 20+ pages about the transition to steam.
    Maybe I look up some names, but no time for that now.

6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Yeah just enjoy the GT500 ;)

Ho3n3r likes this.
  7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yeah, thanks for the link than ;)

(Ow, sorry, I don't count for you as non-steam user.....my money was bad)
    (Or just answer the question why there is no link as promised there would be)

8. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

rFactor 2 from now on is Steam-only. We have done our best to make this transition as easy as possible for everybody involved, offering free migration to Steam for an extended period of time, simplifying the payment model to get rid of the on-line subscription and leveraging Steam to make updates of the code and content as easy as possible. We have also been clear about our intention to start selling some of the new content we will be developing, as well as offering the option to sell content to any third party that is interested in doing so. That does not mean that all new content will cost money. Both Studio 397 and many people in the modding community will still release a lot of their work for free.

Some people on these forums have expressed that they do not agree with a move to Steam. That is okay and if you do it in a civilised way I don't mind at all. I do object to hijacking every new thread to re-iterate that opinion though. So please let's all be mindful of each other here.

To answer your specific question, @Navigator, when you bought rFactor 2 you agreed to the EULA (terms and conditions) [1] which basically state that ISI was free to change, suspend or discontinue services related to rFactor 2. That formally invalidates your argument. You are free to keep using your non-Steam version of rFactor 2, as is anybody else, but neither ISI nor Studio 397 is required to keep supporting you. Our move to Steam was done to make rFactor 2 better and easier to use. I think we're on the right track.

[1] http://rfactor.net/web/termsofuse/

Ho3n3r, Uff, Domi and 9 others like this.
  9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I agree, this topic shouldn't be about steam or non-steam and it has gone to far already.
    However; I do hope your sentence: "I do object to hijacking every new thread to re-iterate that opinion" wasn't about me. That would be not true and very disappointing.

Still I hope you can make up from all this, some people are very disappointed with the transition and the clear way you "stab them in the back" by not taking the effort to put up a link for new content; that is where this comes from.
    Stop supporting; okay, but don't sell "lifetime".

Okay, I'm done, back to merry Christmas all! :)

10. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1ypepefs4gjnjw/Nissan_GT500_2013v10.rfcmp?dl=0
    Merry Christmas man... :)

11. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Rest assured, it was not. The first two paragraphs were a generic response, which is why I started my third paragraph by directly addressing you.

I am happy to further discuss this issue with you, feel free to start a private conversation with me. I have no intention of stabbing anybody in the back, but we will not keep supporting the non-Steam version. And have a Merry Christmas too! All the discussions we have here should never distract us from the important things in life: health, family and friends! :)

Markj, Eddy and Woodee like this.
  12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

@Navigator I hope you'll get along - on Steam too! It's not so bad, I promise! And it can be set to be really unintrusive... I do understand your point though. The principle in it all.

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, I didn't want to make it too heavy by sending a pm, but now you bring it up I will take you up on that. Its no biggie, but I do appreciate a little discussion outside the forum about this that is itching me a while now.
    Your native tongue is Dutch, right?

@Bjorn; thanks mate! There was one up on the first page so I had it already, but much appreciated!

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Indeed.
    Thanks for your words about steam mate.
    I did promise not to discuss it here anymore so I won't elaborate.
    Your post is useful though, thanks!

alpha-bravo, peterchen and Woodee like this.
  15. philman

philman Registered

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all the team Studio-397. Many people trust you.

Korva7 likes this.
  16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quick thing - just because it is written on an EULA and the user goes along with it, doesn't mean it cannot have a legal counter-argument due to certain conditions. Law classes :cool:. PS: Navigator, your thoughts about Steam resonate with many others but it's better to have one account with a single game there, than to lose your game forever.

17. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

What about the car? I think it's pretty nice!

Edit: Just found out that nissan gt500 + osw = hurt shoulder

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    ucfquattroguy and Markj like this.
  18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Is it meant to be the 2013 year version?

//Edit: found this pic from a 2013 year Nismo, wich looks a bit different?

nismo_2013_real.jpg

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Read the notes that are linked in the first post.
    It´s the 2012 version when I got it right.

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Is the sound of this car correct? The only GT500 car that sounded a bit like this was the HSV but that only lasted 2 or 3 seasons